• Bows
    • Knives
    • Strikes
  3. 3. ...Magically?

• Anima
    • Light
    • Dark

Well, the poll says it all!

Overall and Physically, I'd have to say Axes, because in my experience Mt > Accuracy

Magic wise.....I dunno,I find Anima boring, but it's the only type I've used. :/ But Dark seems the coolest, and seems to fit with my "Might versus Accuracy policy"

Edited by CrashGordon94

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wind, Thunder, and Fire magic is missing.

I like swords the most since I like Speedy characters and swords don't slow them down and they're usually fast.

I like swords for physical. The same reason as above.

And for magic, Anima. Most characters I like are Anima Mages.

I voted axes and anima magic. Anima magic is easily the best out of all three magic types - accurate, light and enough Mt. Axes may be inaccurate, but most enemies have shit avo so it doesn't matter that much, the only exception being FE6 where weapons have lower hit than in other FEs. And axes have the best E rank weapons, if any1 cares.

Edited by Marorii

Overall and physically: Lances, with swords not far behind. I can't really think of many axe users i even like.

Magically: Anima. Light is a close second. (That is, except in PoR, where it was laughably sucky.) Dark magic and its users tend to suck. And most of the S-rank dark tomes are just plain awful. Apocalypse? 12 weight. And that's saying nothing of how bad the dark users are in FE6. Gespenst? lol 20 weight. Gleipnir? 20 weight = Useless. And it doesn't help that Ewan and Knoll both suck. Balberith? lmao. All the other SS rank tomes have at least 100 hit. It only has a mere 75. And the strength boost is wtf useless. Oh, and Eclipse? The most useless thing EVAR.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

It depends on the game. I like axes the most in the more recent games, but they aren't so hot in the first four. For magic, I like wind (FE4/5) the most.

Physically, my preference goes: Axes > Lances > All other physical weapons. I love axes because of how good they have been since FE5, (plus, I like a good number of them too). Lances come closely behind because my favorite class uses them. I'm not as fond of everything else as axes and lances.

Magically, my preference goes: Light > Anima/Wind/Fire/Thunder > Dark. Despite being inferior to anima, I fucking love light magic (one of my previous names should give a hint), except in FE9. Wind magic has some pretty good users such as Levin, Sety (both games), and Asvel. (inb4 "Where's Soren?") Not much of an Anima, Fire or Thunder fan except for Calill (both games) and Lute. I never liked Dark Magic in Fire Emblem, primarily because of how bad its users are. And the ultimate Dark Magic tomes just suck.

Edited by Luster Warrior

Overall: Anima, not because of its stats or anything, it's just the coolest in my opinion.

Physical: Swords, not counting stats, I always thought that fighting with a sword took much more skill than swinging an axe around. Of course it's hard, but it just takes strength... Come to think about it, all weapons do XD.

Magic: Anima, dark is too dark, light is too light and anima is too awesome.

And the others don't

Of those other games, three of them (FE1, FE3, FE11) just have magic. Then from what's left, one of those games (FE2) has white and black magic. So, that leaves only three games (FE6, FE7, FE8) that use anima-light-black magic.

Edited by Miror B.

And the others don't

Like Miror B said there's more games with it then without it.

Axes are YES! Strong, cheap, and excellent in Fire Emblems 9-11, thanks to their way of handling weight! As for magic, Anima.

I also like axes. The only game where axes are really bad is FE4.