Orson

Do you guys like him? I find him a bit more decent than Seth, at least that's whatI think of his chapter 5 version. Imagine, if he would start at the same level as Seth he would be better in some ways, he has great HP, Str, Skill, decent speed(if at a lower level), great defense for his class and resistance too.

They really tore him apart in CC mode, his bases aren't horrible but at least give him more speed & defense, he has 1+ Def than his level 3 version.

He also would be better if he didn't betray Renais to save a lifeless corpse...

Orson is the best character available in 5x. That's really all I can say about him. One chapter of use isn't much to go on. I haven't bothered to unlock Orson in creature campaign yet, but from the looks of it he's just a lousy trophy character.

He is indeed, wish the Juna Nut/Fruit were available in this game...i.e Glen starts out at a high level, his growths are really decent, like his decent res growth(40%), no Wyern Knight/Rider/Lord get those growth in the GBA games, Glen is the only exeption and Orson has to of a good defense for a paladin.

Yeah. Orson is a real lifesaver in 5x, especially when you near the bend, and turn to go down on the way to the throne. He's a perfect wall/rescuer to dash in, wait, and drop off your units while being impervious to the monks, mages, shamans, and fighter. XD

If you save Metis' Tome for him, then you can really utilize their great growths.

...but why would you save it for a CC character in the first place? :P

You wouldn't. Of course, I rarely use Metis' Tome, Afa's Drops, Juna Fruit/Nut anyways, so...

You wouldn't. Of course, I rarely use Metis' Tome, Afa's Drops, Juna Fruit/Nut anyways, so...

I thought you could only get the Juna Fruit via codes?

Anyway, my Metis' Tome almost always goes to Tana. :P

If you save Metis' Tome for him, then you can really utilize their great growths.

I wanted to give it too Glen, but I couldn't wait so I gave the tome to Moulder, he lacks Res but has a decent Def with it.

Why not? There are many decent characters out there...

I thought you could only get the Juna Fruit via codes?

Anyway, my Metis' Tome almost always goes to Tana. :P

That or use Nightmare editor.

I played both...wasn't very sure if Lyon was envious of Ephraim or was it that Fomortiis was lying.

In Eph route, I'm pretty sure the story goes in to how Lyon was envious of Ephraim and wanted to be exactly like him...

In Eir route, it's more like how much Lyon loved Eirika and their struggle for mutual friendship...

And then Formotiis tears the ass out of everybody's story, which makes both of them want to kill him in the end.

I can't say I like him story-wise, or the role he plays as a playable unit. I can do perfectly fine without him.

same here

Eh, I can't really say I like the guy. Other than him being a pre-promote, he's a guy who suffers from necrophilia. :P

He doesn't suffer from it he enjoys every minute of it

But I hate him for your reasons and being a traitor as I hate traitors in FE unless they betray the red units and join your team

and he hogs EXP on a chapter that Ephraim can solo on HM.

Everyone who kills things "hogs EXP". You can't hold that against him just because he leaves.

The only negative of killing an enemy and getting their EXP is that others can't get it.

Orson takes a kill. Ephraim can't take that kill.

Kyle takes a kill. Ephraim can't take that kill.

Answer: Ephraim doesn't care whether Orson or Kyle kills an enemy.

Of course not killing with Orson means you can give that EXP to others. But the same can be said about Seth, and we all know how wrong EXP hog bullshit is about him. It's not like Seth does anything with the 4 EXP he gets for a generic kill either.