take this radiant dawn test... if you dare

QUESTION 1: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the two best beorcs in the game?

Ike & Haar

QUESTION 2: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit that joins in part 1?

Sothe

QUESTION 3: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the ten worst units in the game (they can be in any order)?

Leo, Meg, Fiona, Astrid, Gareth, Oliver, Lyre, Tormod, Vika, Pelleas

QUESTION 4: What is the hardest Part 4 chapter and why (take 4-E as five separate chapter)?

4-4, because of the shitload of enemies, reinforcements and the chapter objective.

QUESTION 5: Who should get beastfoe in 3-6 and 3-13, and why? (Note: this is a trick question)

Nolan, because of the crossbows and Leo sucks.

QUESTION 6: Considering performance in part 2 ONLY, and excluding Astrid, who is the worst unit in part 2?

Hard choice between Lethe and danved, but I'll take Lethe

QUESTION 7: Considering performance over the entire game, and excluding Zihark and Mia, who is the best swordmaster?

Edward

QUESTION 8: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best tome user in the game? (Tome user is one who joins able to wield tomes immediately. So someone like Laura is not included).

Micaiah

QUESTION 9: Considering performance over the entire game, rank the royal laguz from best to worst. (The royals considered are Nailah, Naesala, Tibarn, Caineghis, Giffca, and Kurthnaga).

Nailah, Tibarn, Caineghis, Naesala, Giffca, Kurthnaga

QUESTION 10: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit in the CRKs? (The CRKs are the units who are available in 3-9)

They all suck, but I'll have to say Kieran.

Bonus Question: No and Yes. Danved is Devdan but he is not really Devdan.

Edited by Joshybear25

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll answer prog's questions that won't give away too much information to the people who want to take the test.

If there are 15 really bad units in the game, how can you expect 10 to be unanimously agreed upon?

Well, there are obviously a few that are obviously the worst units.

You also get partial credit for listing units who aren't in the bottom 10, but rather bottom 20-25 or so, since there are a ton of units in this game (70+ or something) and some people might forget that a terrible unit exists and instead mention someone else who doesn't happen to be in the bottom 10.

That depends on your part 4 team.

Well, the hardest chapter could be in 4-E where everyone converges, so your specific team shouldn't matter.

The only way this would make a difference in 4-P/1/2/3/4/5 is if you purposely stack one of the three teams with your best units, which would basically just prove that team has the hardest chapter in part 4 and thus requires the most good units.

If you make all three teams fairly equal, you will notice some teams have harder chapters than others (unless those units were ridiculously RNG blessed or screwed).

There’s all sorts of subjective factors to consider here. Tibarn’s 10 move + flying weighed against Caneighis and Giffca being better vs bosses, for instance.

Of course there are multiple subjective factors to consider, but some are just worth more than others.

For example, let's take FE9. Would you say a unit like Marcia is superior to a unit like Titania? Marcia does have flying. but the (quite) obvious answer is no, because Titania's stat leads are far too large for flying to make up for them.

Or let's take another. Let's say we have Ulki vs Boyd (FE10). There are multiple subjective factors to consider, most of them being against Ulki (transformation issues + no 2-range + crossbow weakness vs no flying or canto). But would you say that Boyd > Ulki?

I mean, you COULD make an argument. but it would be pretty hopeless. The only way you'd win defending Boyd in Boyd vs Ulki is if your opponent was completely awful.

There isn’t a single unit who should get it, it’s an option that multiple units use well. Are you asking who makes the best use of it in those chapters? Even that’s a somewhat ambiguous choice.

Reread the question.

QUESTION 5: Who should get beastfoe in 3-6 and 3-13, and why? (Note: this is a trick question)

also

Joshybear25

confidential

Edited by smash fanatic

Actually, now that I think about it, I won't post your actual score, since if someone gets a high score (like 10/10), people could just cheat and copy it. However, if you score a 5 or less, I will tell you your score, but if you get something higher I will just say it's "confidential".

It means you scored higher than a 5.

QUESTION 1: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the two best beorcs in the game?

Ike and Haar.

QUESTION 2: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit that joins in part 1?

Nolan.

QUESTION 3: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the ten worst units in the game (they can be in any order)?

Vika

Meg

Sigrun

Fiona

Lyre

Lethe

Oliver

Leonardo

Rolf

ARAN i mean Edward

QUESTION 4: What is the hardest Part 4 chapter and why (take 4-E as five separate chapter)?

4-4. 21948932 enemies, mostly reinforcements from different spots, with pretty strong weaponry (Silver stuff, Poleaxes, Killer, etc). Thank God for Nailah, though she doesn't handle ranged stuff well. Also pretty short BEXP time limit (10 turns) and the heron dies when sneezed on and sucks at mobility.

Whoever the hell the player wants to have it. Preferably Nolan or Aran, since most if not all others get durability issues if they kill too many people. Which is why you could also not give it to anyone. Well, you could give it to Volug, but he doesn't care since he has abs.

QUESTION 6: Considering performance in part 2 ONLY, and excluding Astrid, who is the worst unit in part 2?

I'd say Nephenee or Lethe. Let's say Nephenee just to please you.

QUESTION 7: Considering performance over the entire game, and excluding Zihark and Mia, who is the best swordmaster?

Judgement call. Lucia has one chapter where she's awesome, and then she's bad. Edward is bad/mediocre for all game, then good in part 4. Stefan is good in 4-E. I'll say Stefan.

QUESTION 8: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best tome user in the game? (Tome user is one who joins able to wield tomes immediately. So someone like Laura is not included).

Tormod is good for three maps, which is more than most of them can say. But I'll go with Micaiah, since she also has other things like Sacrifice and capacity and not taking up a unit slot and free Sothe support and forced into endgame and Thani and stuff.

QUESTION 9: Considering performance over the entire game, rank the royal laguz from best to worst. (The royals considered are Nailah, Naesala, Tibarn, Caineghis, Giffca, and Kurthnaga).

Nailah

Tibarn

Naesala

Caineghis

Giffca

Kurthnaga

Really depends on how you weigh availability versus being better in 4-E. And flying + Canto, in the crow's case.

QUESTION 10: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit in the CRKs? (The CRKs are the units who are available in 3-9)

Probably Kieran, since Geoffrey dissapoofs. Marcia only flies but she sucks at combat. Calill is too frail for words. Against Danved, we have offense vs defense, and also mount. Astrid and Makalov can't beat him.

Edited by Mekkah

Actually, now that I think about it, I won't post your actual score, since if someone gets a high score (like 10/10), people could just cheat and copy it. However, if you score a 5 or less, I will tell you your score, but if you get something higher I will just say it's "confidential".

Wouldn't that also imply that they got quite a few answers correctly?

Ike and Haar.

Volug

In terms of usefulness:

1) Fiona

2) Lyre

3) Astrid

4) Meg

5) Oliver

6) Gareth

7) Renning

8) Kurthnaga

9) Bastian

10) Leonardo

4-4, tonnes of reinforcements = fail. Especially since they can appear behind you.

Volug, he's got better durability than Nolan and still kills everything with it. He can actually survive the multiple attacks he'll receive.

Excluding Astrid, It'd be Makalov.

Lucia.

Micaiah

Nailah

Tibarn

Naesala

Caineghas

Giffca

Kurthnaga

Kieran.

BONUS QUESTION: Is Danved really Devdan?

Yes.

Ike & Haar,obvious answer

Volug,he is your savior in part 1 and part 3,and is still better than most in part 4

Meg,Fiona,Lyre,Astrid,Lethe,Kurthnaga,Gareth,Oliver,Leo,and...Renning?

4-4,due to massive reinforcements,move penalties for mounted units,sleep staves,etc.

Nobody should get beastfoe,because no one in the DB is durable enough for a sustained enemy phase

Lethe.She is never really useful,and has Cat Laguz meter to worry about

Edward.His early part 1 and comparable durability in part 3(plus doubling) gives him more extended use than Lucia's one chapter of pwn or Stefan's Might as well not even existness

Micaiah.She provides valuable chip damage and Armour/Cav nuking in Part 1,and provides necessary healing in part 3

Nailah,Naesala,Tibarn,Giffca,Caineghis,Kurthnaga

Marcia.She has all of 2-P over the others,as well as more availability in 2-E.Not to mention she can at least ferry people in 3-11,and Fly in the desert and swamp.

Yes.

It's a basic knowledge test about this game. It shouldn't be too hard.

I won't post the answers in this topic, since I know people are going to cheat. However, when you complete the test I will post your score (I won't tell you what you got right or wrong).

You are allowed to retake the test, provided that your score improves on the retry. If your score doesn't improve or remains the same, you lose that privilege. You can keep retaking the test as long as your score improves.

Ike and Harr

Volug

Lyre, Astrid, Meg, Fiona, Kyza, Lethe, Oliver, Renning, Sanaki, Gareth

4-E-3; High hit, high damage enemies w/ 1-2 range that I can't kill easily.

No one. My guide says ship it to the GMs, so that's what I'll do.

Lethe

Stefan

Soren

Tibarn, Nailah, Caineghis, Giffca, Naesala, Kurthnaga

Kieran

No.

And despite whatever smash says, it is still an opinion topic. How "good" something is always relative to the one who uses it.

damn 4/10, but i think it is opinion questions, who is most useful and worst depends on the way you play the game

damn 4/10, but i think it is opinion questions, who is most useful and worst depends on the way you play the game

we all did tthe game diffrently why would we have similair responses to you, mabey i had really good growths with nephenee so she kiked ass. this should be a poll, not a test

Too bad it isn't about how you play it, since everyone plays differently. It's more about the most efficient way of playing Radiant Dawn.

As for my answers:

1. Ike and Haar, obviously
  2. Volug, since he kill enemies with little problems, unlike the rest of the Dawn Brigade (except Tauroneo, but he's only there for 1-6-1 and 1-6-2 for Part 1, plus his mobility is low due to being an armor unit)
  3. Fiona, Lyre, Gareth, Oliver, Sanaki, Astrid, Meg, Lehran, Renning, Kurthnaga
  4. Part 4 chapter 4. Some sleep staff users, several underleveled units that are forced, massive enemy reinforcememts all make this chapter just hard.
  5. Volug. He can take more hits than the rest of your team. Who cares about massive damage with the crossbow + beastfoe combo if the user can't take punishment very much?
  6. Since Astrid is excluded, my answer to #6 is Makalov. Lol 18 base AS and low offense.
  7. Stefan, since Mia and Zihark are excluded. Edward is lol up until Part 4. Lucia is good in 2-2 and fails every other chapter she is in. Stefan has no issues in the chapters he is in.
  8. Despite my dislike towards her, Micaiah is the best tome user, because of Sacrifice in Part 1, Thani to deal massive damage to armors and horseback units, staff utility upon promotion, an auto-A support with Sothe who is also good, and she doesn't take a slot up.
  9. Nailah > Tibarn > Naesala > Caineghis > Giffca >>> Kurthnaga.
  10. Kieran. Unlike Geoffrey, he doesn't sit out for 3-11, 3-E, and 4-P/4-1/4-2. And Kieran has better durability.

Edited by Luster Warrior

Too bad it isn't about how you play it, since everyone plays differently.

That's what i said. Didn't i?

things like who is the best sword master is more of opinion, it is around Edward who has avilavility and Stefan who comes quite decent.

And also the royal question. Some will say tibarn>Nailah and Naesala or Nailah>Tbarn and naesala due to how they have acted in their games.

Thats the reason more tiers are not accepted, due to the fact that they are more opinion then facts. Which is also why in the early times of this forest tiers weren't really a good idea to post.

This is not a knowledge test, this is a test to see how well someone's biases line up with yours, smash. Also, OP fails to mention the mode, which makes a huge difference in some cases. So I'll answer based on predicting what you're looking for, rather than what is correct. Hard Mode.

Haar and Ike

Volug

In no particular order: Astrid, Fiona, Lyre, Kyza, Lethe, Meg, Sanaki, Gareth, Kurth, Ena. Subject to some fuzziness with the force-deployed units.

4-4: the reinforcements and the Sleep staff are pretty annoying, and saving the LEA makes it harder if you care about such things.

Whoever can use it without getting themselves killed in the process. This may lead to a unit like Volug using it in 3-6 -- since terrain slows down enemy laguz, and he is sturdy -- but then a unit like Nolan with a bowgun gets it in 3-13, since Ike's authority stars have arrived and nothing can slow down the laguz, aka he fires over the defensive line.

Lethe: technically not the worst combatant, but her fighting ability either takes too long to get going, or uses too many laguz resources that could be used elsewhere or later.

Stefan. He has a decent Endgame no matter what you do with him, and requires next to nothing to get there. Lucia only has one good chapter, and while Eddie deserves some props for being decent in the first few Part 1 chapters, it seems unlikely to overcome Stefan's performance.

Micaiah, obviously.

Nailah, Tibarn, Naesala (although... his Part 4 chapters are harder than Tibarn's), Caineghis, Giffca (lack of Formshift, Cain's 34 SPD is enough, etc), Kurthnaga.

Kieran. It would be Geoffrey if Geoff did not vanish until 4-5, but he does, so he is not.

Danved is definitely not Devdan.

The simple fact that I took a majority of answers from the tier list shows that either the general consensus of the community (for the most part) is wrong or that Smash is wrong, and I'm going to assume it's the latter.

the answers are opinions not fact...

i mean if i dont train haar hes not very good now is he? same for number three the ten i dont use are the ten worst, you should have said the then worst growth rates.

I am supprised at the people who answered no for the bounus... in the Data transfer form PoR there stats transfer

and for number two no one put the Black Kinght I wonder why i mean he is defenitly the best charecter in the came that joins in part one he never is damageable until part four and he only loses one battle. and it not like hes the only person who changes sides in the game(part 3 chapters)

number 8 never syas playable so i would go with Ashera she has good skills and stats and only suffers one lose in the game no matter what and theres only one weapon that can kill her(yes she is a tome user Judge is techcnecly a light tome)

number four depends on who you put on what team if i put untrained loseers there chapters will be the hardest

number six is rediculus i mean EXLUDING Astrid i mean shes a unit isnt she its like saying whos the worset not including the worset, and aging if you train some one they are the worest (same for question 7 nine and ten)

for 5 i am not sure why its a trick question. the best i can think of is none but Sothe and Micaiah would have the capacity and so Sothe is the better choice but if some one else were promoted(not to hard to do) this "Trick Question goes out the window

or mabey mean who is holding in there inventory... and "should" in this question means charecter who has it at start of level so the answer is Sothe since he stole it in 1-E from the chest

Edited by Zath of the Sword

The simple fact that I took a majority of answers from the tier list shows that either the general consensus of the community (for the most part) is wrong or that Smash is wrong, and I'm going to assume it's the latter.

When smash reads this, he will probably do three things:

1) post something in ALL CAPS FOR EFFECT

2) post a link to here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority

3) assert that his personal logical thinking is so flawless, that it's a drop-in replacement for the Truth<tm>, and that nine out of ten people couldn't tell the difference between the two in a double-blind test.

I may have the order wrong.

mekkah

confidential

WOW! Is it just me or did Mekkah not play the game yet he got a better score than most? Now THAT is twisted logic.

1. Haar and Ike.

2. Volug. Sothe starts losing eventually so I will stick with Volug.

3. Fiona, Meg, Lyre, Lethe, Astrid, Pelleas, Oliver, Vika, Sanaki, Ena

4. 4-4 Now THAT is one annoying chapter >.<

5. Trick question... Is it just me or are you just SCREAMING that it isn't just one unit? If that's the case... Nolan.

6. Danved.

7. Edward, I don't care if he starts off weak compared to the other SM's (well of course he does he is the only non-promoted one -_-), he has a lot of potential, he actually helps the DB and is worth the exp.

8. Soren, he stays good during the whole game.

9. Nailah, Tibarn, Naesala, Caineghis, Giffca, Kurthnaga.

10. Let's go Kieran! Is what I want to say but I will go for Geoffrey.

Bonus: Yes, they are the same person. The creators probably got the idea when they mispelled his name and were too lazy to change it.

WOW! Is it just me or did Mekkah not play the game yet he got a better score than most? Now THAT is twisted logic.

I haven't played it, but I debate it more than others, and I watched vids etc.

Well, the hardest chapter could be in 4-E where everyone converges, so your specific team shouldn't matter.

You can also deploy your top 10 units in 4-E, as well as focusing all your best resources on them (skills, BEXP, stat boosters, etc), not to mention having access to fortify + hammerne eliminates pretty much anyone’s durability issues if they can survive a turn.

My personal vote would be on 4-4, because reinforcements can easily overwhelm you, particularly if you’re adamant about keeping Muarim/Vika/Tormod and Rafiel alive. The only truly difficult chapter in 4-E is E-3 because dragons are so dangerous and the boss takes some serious effort to take down.

Though, the point is, if these answers are even remotely debatable, that puts into question how much of a “test” this is, as opposed to an opinion survey.

Of course there are multiple subjective factors to consider, but some are just worth more than others.

In the case of royals, not really. Every royal except Naesala (even then he only needs to hit SS strike for that to dissapear) can 1RKO anything without effort, and aside from 4-E-3, never have to worry about dying. Tibarn’s flying + 1 extra move vs Caneighis’ superior damage vs bosses is ambiguous enough for one to not be clearly above the other, IMO. Nailah vs Giffca is also tricky, since we’re comparing being short on ORKOing some generals to losing a couple player phases popping gems/stones.

For example, let's take FE9. Would you say a unit like Marcia is superior to a unit like Titania? Marcia does have flying. but the (quite) obvious answer is no, because Titania's stat leads are far too large for flying to make up for them.

The differences between the royals’ performances is no way near that kind of disparity. The only exception to that would be Kurthnaga vs anyone.

Reread the question.

I read the question fine the first time.

Who should get beastfoe in 3-6 and 3-13, and why?

Unless the trick answer is that it’s multiple people, there is ambiguity as to who makes the best use of it.

I could put it on Volug so he can 1RKO cats now, and since he’s not worried about dying, I’m not turning Volug into a glass cannon by increasing his offence too much (this is an issue for someone like Zihark since he’s 2HKOed by most combinations of enemies in 3-6). I could also put it on Nolan so he can 1HKO anything at 1-2 range, which is awesome, but then he’s not equipping the tarvos, which costs him a valuable 4 def. Then you have Aran and a couple other untis who put up a good argument.

Again, plenty of room for interpretation.

You can also deploy your top 10 units in 4-E, as well as focusing all your best resources on them (skills, BEXP, stat boosters, etc), not to mention having access to fortify + hammerne eliminates pretty much anyone’s durability issues if they can survive a turn.

No, I was just saying that if the hardest chapter happened to be in 4-E, what each "team" is doesn't matter because you have everyone. It's not like 4-P/1/2/3/4/5 where you have to split all your good units into three teams so you could stack one of the teams to make the chapters easier.

Though, the point is, if these answers are even remotely debatable, that puts into question how much of a “test” this is, as opposed to an opinion survey.

Several questions have "partial credit" to account for opinions and the "remotely debatable" part. For example as I said multiple times, listing the 10 worst units in the game can give you partial credit if you instead list, say, the 15th worst unit in place of the 10th.

In the case of royals, not really. Every royal except Naesala (even then he only needs to hit SS strike for that to dissapear) can 1RKO anything without effort, and aside from 4-E-3, never have to worry about dying. Tibarn’s flying + 1 extra move vs Caneighis’ superior damage vs bosses is ambiguous enough for one to not be clearly above the other, IMO. Nailah vs Giffca is also tricky, since we’re comparing being short on ORKOing some generals to losing a couple player phases popping gems/stones.

You're ignoring other factors. I can't say what though, but you are missing a few key factors which makes it significantly easier to rank the royals from best to worst.

I will repost the question and bold the important part.

The differences between the royals’ performances is no way near that kind of disparity. The only exception to that would be Kurthnaga vs anyone.

I was just referring to overall comparisons, not specific ones such as royal vs royal.

In most comparisons there are enough differences to clearly determine a winner. Well, not "clearly", but the only way the inferior unit could be proven better (e.g. aforementioned Boyd vs Ulki) is if the person defending the far superior unit was terrible at debating, and at that point it (in this example, Ulki > Boyd) may as well be a "fact".

I read the question fine the first time.

Who should get beastfoe in 3-6 and 3-13, and why?

Unless the trick answer is that it’s multiple people, there is ambiguity as to who makes the best use of it.

I could put it on Volug so he can 1RKO cats now, and since he’s not worried about dying, I’m not turning Volug into a glass cannon by increasing his offence too much (this is an issue for someone like Zihark since he’s 2HKOed by most combinations of enemies in 3-6). I could also put it on Nolan so he can 1HKO anything at 1-2 range, which is awesome, but then he’s not equipping the tarvos, which costs him a valuable 4 def. Then you have Aran and a couple other untis who put up a good argument.

Again, plenty of room for interpretation.

I can't say much else other than it's a trick question.

Several questions have "partial credit" to account for opinions and the "remotely debatable" part. For example as I said multiple times, listing the 10 worst units in the game can give you partial credit if you instead list, say, the 15th worst unit in place of the 10th.

Partial credit simply won't suffice here. If unit A vs unit B is debatable, and you think unit B is better (or unit A is worse, in this example's case), then someone listing A over B shouldn't receive more or less credit than vice versa. For the 10 worst unit thing, there's quite a lot of candidates for worst 10, and just because someone isn't matching your list doesn't mean their list is worse.