take this radiant dawn test... if you dare

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The simple fact that I took a majority of answers from the tier list shows that either the general consensus of the community (for the most part) is wrong or that Smash is wrong, and I'm going to assume it's the latter.

Nah, it's only because I haven't been seriously debating in the tier list yet (nor do I feel like it, since nothing ever gets done. I'd rather do debates on the debate board since an actual conclusion will eventually be reached, rather than the tier list topic where you get one change to the list every 100 posts).

Partial credit simply won't suffice here. If unit A vs unit B is debatable, and you think unit B is better (or unit A is worse, in this example's case), then someone listing A over B shouldn't receive more or less credit than vice versa. For the 10 worst unit thing, there's quite a lot of candidates for worst 10, and just because someone isn't matching your list doesn't mean their list is worse.

not quite.

In the case of the 10 worst units in the game, there's actually no serious debate, aka two debaters with equal skill couldn't be able to choose, say, the 10th and 11th worst unit and have a really long and good debate, because there's a noticeable gap between the 10th and 11th worst unit in the game. However, you COULD make SOME kind of debate, which is why you get partial.

However, in some cases where there actually can be a serious debate (I won't mention which specific questions), you will get full credit even if your answer differs from mine because of how debatable it is.

Say for example, question 1. Instead of it being "list the two best beorcs", now it's "list THE best beorc". Since Haar vs Ike is so debatable, you would be able to list either and still get full credit.

Edited by smash fanatic

However, in some cases where there actually can be a serious debate (I won't mention which specific questions), you will get full credit even if your answer differs from mine because of how debatable it is.

If you seriously apply that everywhere where it should be, it's correct.

If you seriously apply that everywhere where it should be, it's correct.

Unfortunately, I doubt this was applied for many of the questions, since nearly all of them have multiple acceptable answers. Question 6 for example, is highly debatable, any character could really suffice for Question 7.

I stand by my objections to this test, though slightly less so than initially. Might as well take it just for kicks.

QUESTION 1: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the two best beorcs in the game?

Haar and Ike.

QUESTION 2: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit that joins in part 1?

Volug

QUESTION 3: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the ten worst units in the game (they can be in any order)?

Fiona

Lyre

Oliver

Meg

Astrid

Lethe

Kyza

Pelleas

Ilyana

Sigrun

Considered adding Edward and Leo, but they at least have some reedemable use in their first 4 chapters or so.

QUESTION 4: What is the hardest Part 4 chapter and why (take 4-E as five separate chapter)?

4-4. I've outlined the reasons already.

QUESTION 5: Who should get beastfoe in 3-6 and 3-13, and why? (Note: this is a trick question)

Volug. He’s the most durable unit who can use it, and so he can apply the increased offensive advantages the most.

QUESTION 6: Considering performance in part 2 ONLY, and excluding Astrid, who is the worst unit in part 2?

Nephenee. Lethe and Makalov are decently close seconds.

QUESTION 7: Considering performance over the entire game, and excluding Zihark and Mia, who is the best swordmaster?

Stefan. Edward amasses a huge amount of suckage and Lucia has terrible issues before developping supports. Him coming with reasonably high bases is easily > that.

QUESTION 8: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best tome user in the game?

Soren. Now that I think about it, Micaiah is a pretty strong choice too, but then her durability really gets in the way. Tough call.

QUESTION 9: Considering performance over the entire game, rank the royal laguz from best to worst. (The royals considered are Nailah, Naesala, Tibarn, Caineghis, Giffca, and Kurthnaga).

Nailah > Tibarn > Naesala > Caneighis > Giffca >>> Kurthnaga.

QUESTION 10: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit in the CRKs? (The CRKs are the units who are available in 3-9)

Danved. I know this is wrong btw since your character topic has him 1.5 points lower than Kieran, but I disagree anyways.

The bonus is obviously “Danved most certainly isn’t Devdan”.

Edited by Vykan12

there's a noticeable gap between the 10th and 11th worst unit in the game.

What. The. Hell. Is. This.

I've gotta go with Vykan, dondon, and Interceptor on this. This test is way too subjective. "Partial credit" doesn't cut it.

Hell, I'll bite. (im doing this for fun and dont expect a high score. especially since youre gonna get more opinion based answers anyway. Also im not looking at other peoples responses)

QUESTION 1: Ike and Haar

QUESTION 2: Volug

QUESTION 3: Meg, Fiona(even though i like her), Lyre, Kyza, Tormod, Vika (although i use her too), Leonardo, Rolf, Danved, Geoffrey, Sigrun.

QUESTION 4: Id have to say 4-3 simply due to to lack of movement.

QUESTION 5: Hmm..Uhh you know? im not sure since during my playthroughs it always varies but i think Nolan or Volug. Why? Nolan for level growing or Volug for untransformed spam.

QUESTION 6: Hmmm. Excluding Astid? well my answer is gonna go to Makalov.

QUESTION 7: Edward

QUESTION 8: Soren

QUESTION 9: Nailah, Tibarn, Caineghis (i never use him though), Giffca, Naesala, Kurthnaga

QUESTION 10: Keiran

Vykan12

confidential

Florina Belmont

3/10

Question 9 is also leeway since it could pend on some of the situations (as in purely 3-9 or 3-9 on?)

No, it's just the CRKs are considered to be the units that are in 3-9. However, the question is their performance overall throughout the entire game.

1. Ike and Haar

2. Volug

3. Meg, Fiona, Lethe, Astrid, Lyre, Kyza, Sigrun, Sanaki, Oliver, Renning

4. 4-4 because of sleep staves, lots of reinforcements, and low turn limit for max bexp.

5. It's godmode for anyone who gets it so no one should have a monopoly on it.

6. Nephenee

7. Stefan

8. Micaiah

9. Nailah, Tibarn, Naesala, Caineghis, Giffca, Kurthnaga

10. Geoffrey

11. Yes

I agree that this is mostly opinion, and I'm too lazy to actually do it all, so all I have to say is: How come everyone finds 4-4 to be the hardest? I thought it was one of the easiest chapters in the game.

QUESTION 1: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the two best beorcs in the game?

Ike Haar

QUESTION 2: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit that joins in part 1?

Black Knight

QUESTION 3: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the ten worst units in the game (they can be in any

order)?

Meg, Fiona, Lethe, Astrid, Lyre, Kyza, Sigrun, Sanaki, Oliver, Renning

QUESTION 4: What is the hardest Part 4 chapter and why (take 4-E as five separate chapter)?

Final Final(4-E-5) Why? what kind of game doesn't get harder as you go along?

QUESTION 5: Who should get beastfoe in 3-6 and 3-13, and why? (Note: this is a trick question)

Micaiah

QUESTION 6: Considering performance in part 2 ONLY, and excluding Astrid, who is the worst unit in part 2?

Marcia she cant kill any thing alone

QUESTION 7: Considering performance over the entire game, and excluding Zihark and Mia, who is the best swordmaster?

Edward

QUESTION 8: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best tome user in the game? (Tome user is one who joins able to wield tomes immediately. So someone like Laura is not included).

Soren

QUESTION 9: Considering performance over the entire game, rank the royal laguz from best to worst. (The royals considered are Nailah, Naesala, Tibarn, Caineghis, Giffca, and Kurthnaga).

Nailah > Tibarn > Naesala > Caneighis > Giffca > Kurthnaga.

QUESTION 10: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best unit in the CRKs? (The CRKs are the units who are available in 3-9)

Keiran

BONUS QUESTION: Is Danved really Devdan?

More likely Devdan is really Danved (Yes)

since this is a fully opininated topic have telling me i am wrong :mellow: ^_^

Edited by Zath of the Sword

I agree that this is mostly opinion, and I'm too lazy to actually do it all, so all I have to say is: How come everyone finds 4-4 to be the hardest? I thought it was one of the easiest chapters in the game.

There are tons of enemies and reinforcements, including those that spawn behind you and a Meteor sage reinforcement. The chapter objective is tricky (kill all 100+ enemies) and the max BEXP requirement is hell. There is also an Elsleep and Elsilence staff that are quite troublesome.

You have something like 17 slots available, and one of those is being occupied by Reyson, so it's more like 20. Essentially, you can dominate the dragons on player phase then fortify the damage away. If that doesn't work, use Kurth, Ena and Reyson as walls/chokepoints (dragons don't attack them) and lure out the dragons that move.

Completely unrelated, but...

use Kurth, Ena and Reyson as walls/chokepoints (dragons don't attack them) and lure out the dragons that move.

Reyson as a chokepoint? I'm really laughing my butt off.

Completely unrelated, but...

Reyson as a chokepoint? I'm really laughing my butt off.

Did you read past the name? Vykan clearly said, and I quote:

(dragons don't attack them)

Though I haven't tested this myself.

We're on a Fire Emblem board, 90% of the people don't know how to read. I've had enough experiences in tier topics, repeating things because people ignored half the stuff I said.

Edited by smash fanatic

Assuming Hard Mode...

1: Ike and Haar

2: Volug

3: Fiona, Meg, Gareth, Oliver, Ilyana, Astrid, Bastian, Rolf, Lyre, Lethe EDIT: Take out Lethe and put in Sigrun. Forgot about her...

4: 4-3: too high of an enemy density and Sleep staves that always seem to hit Ike. Also, indoors with ledges, just about killing any extra utility horsemen have. EDIT: 4-4. You knew what I meant.

5: Nobody

6: Heather

7: Stefan

8: Soren

9: Nailah, Tibarn, Naesala, Caineghis, Giffca, Kurthnaga

10: ...Geoffrey

Bonus: Yes. They get the PoR transfer bonus.

Edited by Hexmaster44

Ike and Haar

Volug

QUESTION 3: Considering performance over the entire game, who are the ten worst units in the game (they can be in any order)?

Lyre, Fiona, Meg, Bastian, Oliver, Lethe, Kyza, Lehran, Ena, Pelleas

4-4 because of the reinforcements (particularly the meteor sage, who can take down Heather+Rafiel if they aren't trained.)

No one. Beastfoe should not be used.

Makalov

Lucia. She is the only swordmaster. Edward is a myrmidon, Stefan is a trueblade. Zing!

QUESTION 8: Considering performance over the entire game, who is the best tome user in the game? (Tome user is one who joins able to wield tomes immediately. So someone like Laura is not included).

Micaiah

Nailah, Tibaran, Naes, Cain, Giff, Kurth

Keiran

BONUS QUESTION: Is Danved really Devdan?

No. Of course not.