Second best character in the game?

Who's the second best unit in PoR?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the second best unit in PoR?

• Titania
    • Oscar
    • Kieran
    • Jill
    • Reyson
    • Boyd
    • Ike
    • Rolf
    • Marcia
    • Tanith
    • Makalov
    • Astrid
    • Mist
    • Muarim
    • Volke
    • Soren
    • Ilyana
    • Lethe
    • Mordecai
    • Other

It's certainly not bad, and when you consider Astrid's fast growth due to being underlevelled and possessing paragon, you also have to consider the speed of her promotion compared to the otehr units and how quickly she overtakes you other untis level-wise and stats-wise.

It's certainly not bad, and when you consider Astrid's fast growth due to being underlevelled and possessing paragon, you also have to consider the speed of her promotion compared to the otehr units and how quickly she overtakes you other untis level-wise and stats-wise.

First off, I never sad it was bad, I said it wasn't broken. Second, they said after she premotes she becomes broken. After she gains a few levels after she premotes, which is quick, I will admit, she becomes great.

I have to vote for Titania because of her usefulness. She can kill any enemy in the beginning, and Titania can be used as a wall. Titania can be bait so other characters can kill enemies while enemies face her. Titania has a strong start and a alright finish. Titania can already use silver axes in the beginning of the game. Basically if silver axes existed in the beginning she would be even more awesome.

Fair enougth, Neph with wrath + vantage is deadly.

But why Ike no. 1?

I suppose because Ike plus Wrath and Resolve is a truly deadly combination. Even Aether is deadly with it's ability to trigger both Luna and Sol....

I have to vote for Titania because of her usefulness. She can kill any enemy in the beginning, and Titania can be used as a wall. Titania can be bait so other characters can kill enemies while enemies face her. Titania has a strong start and a alright finish. Titania can already use silver axes in the beginning of the game. Basically if silver axes existed in the beginning she would be even more awesome.

All very good points, but we're asking for the second best. The character you're describing couldn't be anything but the ABSLOUTE best.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for Ike, I've seen some of you are and may be impressed but if we think seriously, if you abuse on Bonus Exp, he'll end maximizing Hp, Str, Skill, Speed and Defense, even though his luck and res aren't maxed, hea obtains an average-high point on it. He's invinsible with Ragnell and so on with Aether. I don't think he's the second best, HE'S THE BEST! Ike is not like Roy or Eliwood that DO are crappy ones, Ike is different, he's an all-around.

As for my second best character, I would choose between Boyd, Soren, Zihark, Ilyana (breath if you want :D ), Jill, Titania, Oscar isn't so excellent, he's...just good (IMO), Nephenee or Tormod or Calill in last option.

I think all of them have their good qualities and do have their good shortcommings but in conclusion the best is Ike and the second place is well fought. :lol:

I've always loved Nephenee. She gets my vote for second best. I like well balanced characters. As far as Oscar goes, I always have trouble getting his strength up high, but I might just be unlucky. With all of the Oscar loving that I've been seeing, I feel like I need to give him another try.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always loved Nephenee. She gets my vote for second best. I like well balanced characters. As far as Oscar goes, I always have trouble getting his strength up high, but I might just be unlucky. With all of the Oscar loving that I've been seeing, I feel like I need to give him another try.

Yeah, Neph is my best character.

I think that Boyd comes in second, but I voted Jill because she is solid.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, um, Ike is like the best character, so...

Well, his availability beats everybody elses'. He's NEVER negative utility and he's your main character. You can solo the game with Ike, but it's nigh impossible with Titania, who everybody claims is the best. She'll be having major trouble in the later chapters.

Best support options are Soren x Ike x Oscar x Kieran. Amazing boosts for Ike and the support chain is awesome. Soren's his butt-buddy, so I assume we tag him along.

Do I sound cool? ^^

EDIT: oops, typo.

Edited by Eltoshen

If Tormod came in chapter 1 or something early instead of chapter 16... Damn, even though fire magic really sucks in this game, Tormod is so awesome. If he came earlier, he'd be even more awesome than Ike.

I'll have to vote for Ike though, I guess. If it wasn't for Titania (and those damn horsies), Ike would probably be the most broken character in the game. I don't really give a damn about Canto though (so I don't really consider Oscar and Kieran better), and Ike is an immortal killing machine that can only be stopped by sleep staves (ugh, how I hate those...). If he just pulled Ragnell earlier... All in all though, he's just damn awesome.

No, because it's nigh impossible to solo with a character with more move, weapon versatility and 1-2 range.

She'll die in the later chapters. There's no way she'll survive an onslaught of laguz like Ike can. It's basically impossible for Titania to solo. I've tried.

@Red Fox of Fire: That was me just being sarcastic, with a little facts pointed out. AKA, Titania can't solo. I don't know why people think she can. That's just stupid. And why does this forum suck at detecting sarcasm? I swear, everywhere else, people get it right away.

Edited by Eltoshen

No, because it's nigh impossible to solo with a character with more move, weapon versatility and 1-2 range.

She'll die in the later chapters. There's no way she'll survive an onslaught of laguz like Ike can. It's basically impossible for Titania to solo. I've tried.

@Red Fox of Fire: That was me just being sarcastic, with a little facts pointed out. AKA, Titania can't solo. I don't know why people think she can. That's just stupid. And why does this forum suck at detecting sarcasm? I swear, everywhere else, people get it right away.

Sound less serious. No, I'm not good at detecting sarcasm on the internet unless it's blatantly obvious, because it's the internet.

And why should it matter if Titania can solo the later chapters or not? Or is that sarcasm as well? If it isn't, were you even being sarcastic in the first place?

Kieran. Dead serious.

I don't find Jill to be the second best despite what the Tier list says. Kieran has a good way of getting his Spd up and always has a solid Axe rank. Lance rank is barely an issue (they're okay in general) and Jill's AS needs some help early on (and even mid-way). Yes, Jill has flying and durability. But Kieran has the latter packed into him.

I always felt it was like this:

Titania

Kieran

Oscar

Jill

Boyd

Ike

Reyson

But the Tier list disagrees with me all the time. I'd even question Jill > Boyd and Ike.

Edited by Colonel M

Sound less serious. No, I'm not good at detecting sarcasm on the internet unless it's blatantly obvious, because it's the internet.

And why should it matter if Titania can solo the later chapters or not? Or is that sarcasm as well? If it isn't, were you even being sarcastic in the first place?

I don't get how the "Do I sound cool? ^^" at the end of my post doesn't give it away right away.

She can't solo the later chapters. That wasn't sarcasm. It was just a response to Mekkah, who thought Titania could actually solo, even though I wasn't even planning on anybody taking that part seriously and actually reply to it.

Eltoshen is absolutely right. Titania is incapable of soloing after a certain point. Shes usually completely outclassed by just about any other paladin in the game after say Chapter 13. No joke. I tried to solo her too.

Really now?

--/9 Titania

39.4 hp, 15.6 str, 17.8 skl, 18.0 spd, 14.2 def, 10.6 res, 14.6 luk

Steel Axe: 26.6 atk, 18.0 AS, 115.2 hit, 8.7 crit - - 50.6 avo, 39.4 hp, 14.2 def, 10.6 res, 14.6 critavo

Hand Axe: 22.6 atk, 18.0 AS, 105.2 hit

Hand Axe (forge): 27.6 atk, 18.0 AS, 130.2 hit

What's gonna stop her? Ch13 enemies?

1x Soldier lv 14 (steel lance)

30 hp, 19 atk, 6 AS, 93 hit, 15 avo, 9 def, 4 res, 5 crit, 3 cev

This is the strongest Soldier we have in store, and it does a mighty 5 damage at 37% real. 8HKO. I'm not even factoring in WTD here.

Need stronger enemies?

1x Fighter lv 12 (hammer)

34 hp, 20 atk, 0 AS, 72 hit, 3 avo, 8 def, 3 res, 3 crit, 3 cev

1x Fighter lv 13 (steel axe)

35 hp, 22 atk, 5 AS, 85 hit, 14 avo, 7 def, 3 res, 4 crit, 4 cev

Oh boohoo, 6 or 8 damage, at 25% and 10% true respectively. Titania is trembling in fear.

1x Mage lv 13 (thunder)

24 hp, 15 atk, 8 AS, 103 hit, 18 avo, 5 def, 11 res, 9 crit, 2 cev

3-4 damage or so. At around ~54% true hit.

And after this chapter, you obtain the Knight Ward. +2 def/+2 res, and Titania's Spd growth skyrockets while she has it all for herself.

You say she's having issues against laguz? Next chapter happens to have those. Strongest ones:

1x Cat lv 5 (claw)

33 hp, 23 atk, 14 AS, 117 hit, 29 avo, 12 def, 6 res, 6 crit, 1 cev

7 damage to Knight Ward!Titania, a 6RKO.

2x Tiger lv 4 (claw, 1 vulnerary)

33 hp, 26 atk, 12 AS, 117 hit, 25 avo, 12 def, 6 res, 6 crit, 1 cev

10 damage to Knight Ward!Titania, a 4RKO.

Note that Titania doubles both of them. She doesn't quite ORKO without a forge or crit...unless she has 1 or 2 more str. Oh look, Ch13 has an Energy Drop.

And if you think Titania is overleveled here, look again. She is entitled to every single drop of BEXP and CEXP now, and even at --/9 it only takes about a chapter's worth of BEXP to level her up once. So if anything I'm being extremely generous.

Ch13 also brings an Occult scroll, which gives Titania Sol. Even more durability.

I'll get into Ike's oh so superior solo performance if you desire.

Probably Jill. Flying is really good in this game, and with an easy way to give people levels (BEXP), Jill has an easy option to increase her spd.

Kieran would be another contender for 2nd best, since he has more spd than Jill but no flying. I'd say flying > saving several hundred BEXP though. Well, Kieran also has more durability, but Jill has plenty of it already too, so meh.

I have actually done a titania solo and I call BS on the part where she stops being better than everyone else.

In a solo she has access to near limitless resources including every forge, stat boosters, skills like resolve, and tons of elixers. And unlike units like oscar/kieran/boyd she doesn't need any other units to help her out in a solo aside from endgame with ashnard or beating a chapter like the boat chapter with gatrie/astrid. Titania just kills every enemy who dares approach her allowing her to get a ridiculous level lead going even on hard.

In a hard/normal playthrough she has problems towards endgame but they can be easily mitigated by knightward, forges, stat boosters, and resolve. To bad she is better than every other character for about 27 battles.

Edited by Lancelot