Suckiest character in FE10

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiona, no contest. Underleveled, shitty bases even considering her level, the game itself works against her class, doesn't even grow into anything respectably superior to most other paladins, and you don't even have the time to do it anyways.

She's like Sophia, except even the game now hates her.

Frankly I like both Fiona and Astrid. With a little babying then a forged lance, Fiona can be helpful to the DB which needs additional units. Her canto allows her to help chip away at units on 3-6 and then retreat to safety.

Yes! thank you! It just takes a bit of patience to get Fiona to be pretty decent!

Yes! thank you! It just takes a bit of patience to get Fiona to be pretty decent!

A bit? That's just an understatement. It takes a ton of patience to get her up on Normal. She's basically unusable on Hard.

Edited by Luster Warrior

Isn't that the same with Fiona? and Astrid?

Yes. At least Astrid has long range attacks so she doesn't need to worry about counter-attacks. Fiona is the same case. I meant that Meg joins in a chapter full of Laguz with bad Defense and not enough Speed to avoid being double attacked.

A bit? That's just an understatement. It takes a ton of patience to get her up on Normal. She's basically unusable on Hard.

I have the patience. And the method of using BEXP to take someone up to 99 so they level on their first attack always works well. If you try to pour too much straight BEXP into her or Astrid or other lousy characters, they turn out crappy because you're only getting +3 stats before they cap when you could be getting 4 or more by doing a combat level.

I usually pump Fiona with one or two levels straight then take her to 99 for the first level and forge her a lance with improved might and hit to bail her out as she gets started. Her Imbue skill makes her very usable as a harassing unit. By letting Sothe wear down units and moving in Fiona for the kill, you'd be surprised how well she can become if you use her correctly.

The biggest problem is her crappy move restrictions though on a couple of maps, but still, I just like her. I mean come on, she didn't HAVE to fight for the Daein like her father before her - but she does, proudly. I respect that and I feel like it's a challenge for me to try to help her live up to her father's reputation.

God I love story in video games - even if I have to expand and make some of it up myself as I go along. ;)

The same effort can be put into ANY character though. Except other characters don't suffer from such bad growths. I mean, compare Meg and Fiona's growths:

Meg: 60% HP, 35% Atk, 65% AS, 205% Avo, 35% Def, 50% Res

Fiona: 45% HP, 40% Atk, 60% AS, 175% Avo, 55% Def, 50% Res.

I hope you won't tell me that 5% Atk + 20% Def > 15% HP, 5% AS and 30% Avo. Because I'd just laugh. Then you have to ocnsider that Meg has more chapters to improve in, so she wastes just as mcuh resources except it's over a longer period of time so it hurts the team less. Funnily enougth, Meg has a higehr avo growth than both Mia and Zihark, theyt only beat her on avo due to Meg's hoirrid AS cap.

Then, let's compare Fiona and Lyre. Since Lyre doubles whatever she gets, let's double her growths taht double once she transforms:

Lyre: 50% HP, 70% Atk, 140% AS, 330% Avo, 40% Def, 60% Res.

Lyre wins in everything save defence, which she gets from her supports, anyway. Not to mention the GM's can actually afford to protect her with units liek Gatrie and Shinon around. There's noone save Volug and Nolan to protect the DB, and they have ALL of the DB to worry about too. Lyre wins.

What about Fiona vs Astrid:

Astrid: 55% HP, 40% Atk, 40% AS, 150% Avo, 30% Def, 50% Res.

(Funny how these fail-tier units have good res growths)

Now, this looks liek a win for Fiona. And it would be, if not for one thing: Paragon. This makes it so much easier to train up Astrid. Then, you have to account for the fact that Astrid has superier 1-2 range.

Now, for the clincher: Fiona vs EST:

Est as Pegasus: 40% HP, 55% Atk, 55% AS, 160% Avo, 20% Def, 5% Res

Est as Wyvern: 50% HP, 55% Atk, 55% AS, 160% Avo, 20% Def, 5% Res

This excludes the fact that Est can fly over objects to escape and doesn't suffer from Fiona's mobility penalties. Then you should realise she joins at a lower level than Fiona so actually has more time to use these growths than Fiona. With all this in mind, 15% Avo, 35% Def and 45% res don't look so big (save the latter. Nothing can save a 5% growth). Besides, that was FESD Est. FE1 and 3 Est's are much better.

Est or Lyre or Astrid or Meg > Fiona

Edited by kirsche

Lyre's just plain awful, Lethe isn't much better

But lethe makes 2-E so much better as the transform gauge isn't an issue for about half of that level thanks to the steel longbowmen with seemingly 0 hit

But lethe makes 2-E so much better as the transform gauge isn't an issue for about half of that level thanks to the steel longbowmen with seemingly 0 hit

Her gauge still goes down.

• 3 months later...
Then, let's compare Fiona and Lyre. Since Lyre doubles whatever she gets, let's double her growths taht double once she transforms:

Shall we then proceed to take into account how much slower Lyre levels up compared to Fiona when making these "net growths"?

Everyone's answer will always be Fiona

Not mine. Ive seriously been able to get everyone to work properly in that game except the following:

Lyre

Kyza

Tormod

Danved

Ena

Those guys just dont work. Those are the suckiest characters for me. Ive gotten Meg to work before. She isnt bad but shes not great either. Ive gotten Fiona to work just about every playthrough. I take her to endgame all the time and shes fine. The only stat booster i give her is a secret book on the chapter with prisoners. Thats it. Sometimes i give her an energy drop but its not really necessary with a killer lance. SO yeah all she gets is a secret book, a forged lance and some (not alot) of BEXP and little love. Its not as if she's impossible to make work unlike Lyre.

It5's not about how she's good by endgame, it's about how bad she was before that.

Its not as if she's impossible to make work unlike Lyre.

I lol at the thought Lyre is unfixable when Fiona isn't.

Edited by kirsche

Everyone's answer will always be Fiona

Not mine. Ive seriously been able to get everyone to work properly in that game except the following:

Lyre

Kyza

Tormod

Danved

Ena

Those guys just dont work. Those are the suckiest characters for me. Ive gotten Meg to work before. She isnt bad but shes not great either. Ive gotten Fiona to work just about every playthrough. I take her to endgame all the time and shes fine. The only stat booster i give her is a secret book on the chapter with prisoners. Thats it. Sometimes i give her an energy drop but its not really necessary with a killer lance. SO yeah all she gets is a secret book, a forged lance and some (not alot) of BEXP and little love. Its not as if she's impossible to make work unlike Lyre.

I have to reply to this post.

I mean it's okay if you can't use Lyre, Kyza and Tormod in the way they were intended because they are a bit hard to get up to speed but Danved and ENA!?!?!??!

Danved will at worst be his base level at 3-11 and be able to fight relative well there. Not too hard to get him up. He's the 2nd choice LAncer for me, right after Aran.

But Ena damn. 40 Str, 40 mag, 40 def and 40 res. Slap Imbue on her and rawr! I once removed Blood Tide on her to give her Provoke just to see her maul those enemies senceless (with her breath ofc). On Easy Mode give her and Nasir Imbue have them stand next to each other next to Ashera and she can double Ashera every turn untill you get over 9000 kills.