• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

This conversation is cheerier than rainbows and sparkling lolipops.

I know, right? /sarcasm. tongue.gif

Haha, well, one thing I know for sure that lies in my future regarding risks of death are the earthquakes. And the Yellowstone Caldera. But as things are, I'd more likely die of the heart attack that I will have from knowing death is near than the actual, well, disaster... wait, that's not right... well, it'd up the chances of death at any rate.

Wait, where do you live?

If you have a higher chance of dying from an earthquake, but don't live in America...

a) Japan

b) India-area

c) Chile-area

d) California

I mean, those^ are the areas where there are most earthquakes... I think. Well, the tectonic plate seem to shift more in those areas, at least...

Speaking of earthquakes, they're really interesting to feel... I woke up once because of a weak one... =P

Edited by FranticforFreeFruityFruit

I know, right? /sarcasm. tongue.gif

Wait, where do you live?

If you have a higher chance of dying from an earthquake, but don't live in America...

a) Japan

b) India-area

c) Chile-area

d) California

I mean, those^ are the areas where there are most earthquakes... I think. Well, the tectonic plate seem to shift more in those areas, at least...

Speaking of earthquakes, they're really interesting to feel... I woke up once because of a weak one... =P

I live in México. Close enough to California. Heck, it's the San Andreas Fault-line that's the source of our earthquakes.

Barring the risk of death when they're strong one, I do agree they're interesting. Just three years ago we had this 7.2 strong one around Easter... it was quite the scare, but thankfully there was virtually no long-term damage and almost nonexistent number of deaths.

I live in México. Close enough to California. Heck, it's the San Andreas Fault-line that's the source of our earthquakes.

Barring the risk of death when they're strong one, I do agree they're interesting. Just three years ago we had this 7.2 strong one around Easter... it was quite the scare, but thankfully there was virtually no long-term damage and almost nonexistent number of deaths.

Oh. Mexico. That makes sense. (Didn't think of the place, for some reason... when I think of the San Andreas Fault-line, I just think of California for some reason. /blames himself for only reading about earthquakes in Japan and California.

Yeah, I think it'd be scary to feel one as strong as a 7.2 on the Richter scale... O_O

Well, look at the bright side! Mexico doesn't have the same problems Japan does! (As in, you don't really have to worry too much about tsunamis and nuclear plants melting down... -_-')

Oh. Mexico. That makes sense. (Didn't think of the place, for some reason... when I think of the San Andreas Fault-line, I just think of California for some reason. /blames himself for only reading about earthquakes in Japan and California.

Yeah, I think it'd be scary to feel one as strong as a 7.2 on the Richter scale... O_O

Well, look at the bright side! Mexico doesn't have the same problems Japan does! (As in, you don't really have to worry too much about tsunamis and nuclear plants melting down... -_-')

Well, from what I gather, despite all, there is sill "The Big One" to watch out for.

Well, considering that the epicenters don't tend to be far off at sea, chances of tsunamis are slim. Either way, there is basically a 1.5 KM tall mountain range between us and the ocean. That would require one heck of an tsunami to overcome that. I'd rather not comment about nuclear plants, the ones in this country I wouldn't call them safe from earthquakes either. Well, not all at any rate.

Well, from what I gather, despite all, there is sill "The Big One" to watch out for.

Well, considering that the epicenters don't tend to be far off at sea, chances of tsunamis are slim. Either way, there is basically a 1.5 KM tall mountain range between us and the ocean. That would require one heck of an tsunami to overcome that. I'd rather not comment about nuclear plants, the ones in this country I wouldn't call them safe from earthquakes either. Well, not all at any rate.

"The Big One"? I never heard of anything like that before... unless you mean one of those supposedly periodic big earthquakes that are supposed to happen - what - every 50 or so years? Actually, now that I think about it, I think that's what you're talking about...

Yeah, tsunamis aren't all that common in North America... if they happen at all, that is.

And phew, 1.5 KM... That's... tall enough to block a tsunami, but... not too tall... I live about one km above sea level...

And nuclear plants in Mexico are dangerous??? I'm not surprised.

Anyway, I'm off to bed... It's almost 7 here...

No, not 7 p.m.

The other seven. -_-'

G'night, thread.

Well, to wit, while the northern area of the fault had the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, and the central area one in the mid-19th Century, we the south area hadn't had a big one in like, 300 YEARS! We're kinda overdue for one.... and that has be worried, hence why I think I'm more likely to die form an earthquake, at least for the time being while that Big One has yet to pass.

To be honest, we are more at risk of the Colorado River flooding us than a tsunami, thanks to that mountain range. Yeah, they're not tall mountains in comparison with others, but they're tall enough to protect us from the ocean at any rate.

Anyway, good night. It was fun talking about mortal perils with you. lol

I think a different artwork would've been better for a Severa badge.

I think if Vincent used the other artwork though he probably would've given it the other more bluish background, I think the light reddish background would suit her better~

That's what I had in mind, her OA unless there's more artworks of her.

I think it looks a little off because the red is too vibrant, it feels like it should be a little more faded.

But that's kinda what happens when you recolor something (I'm assuming it was Photoshop's color replacer thing )

Another song for SoC. Kind of.

"Dreams".

*clicks*

Ow. The lyrics. Just. ow.

It's so addictive... and some tracks are great! It's interesting seeing all this FF stuff.

I went to print out stuff at OfficeMax. Figured I'd drive to Gamestop to buy a copy. NOPE. Out of stock.

I wasted 20 minutes.

Hello

So what's been happening in this here thread.

Hmmm

More Aiku~

Pride got old on us

Mention of steak that made me super super hungry ;n;

Ummmm......

I don't really remember that much =3

Also I don't think this badge goes well with my theme at all ;A;

Edited by Freohr Datia

Hmmm

More Aiku~

Pride got old on us

Mention of steak that made me super super hungry ;n;

Ummmm......

I don't really remember that much =3

Also I don't think this badge goes well with my theme at all ;A;

I see. Glad to see Pride joining the oldie club.

Steaaaak. Man, I'm hungry too.

It doesn't seem too out of place on mine, but that might be because I'm using the red colored board.