Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to find this dude and high five him

So strange it's fascinating/10

There was this one parody they made of JoJo's part 3 opening using this BR rap group as a motif. One of them guys is like super strong, so instead of it being Bizarre Adventure, it was Protein Adventure, etc.

#CaiJyo

#ForaJyo

#JyosuaBolado

Isn't that moon thing tonight or

funny, I was just talking about this

[spoiler=relevant][11:35:14 PM] PKLucas531: so

[11:35:20 PM] PKLucas531: there's supposed to be

[11:35:26 PM] PKLucas531: a red moon or something tonight

[11:35:30 PM] PKLucas531: OR SO I'M TOLD

[11:35:31 PM] Kim: what

[11:35:46 PM] PKLucas531: yeah my friend told me

[11:35:49 PM] PKLucas531: so instead of

[11:35:51 PM] PKLucas531: looking it up

[11:35:56 PM] PKLucas531: I'm just

[11:35:58 PM] PKLucas531: asking people

It's technically early Wednesday morning!

Shit, i'll be asleep then

And i would really want to see one

Ah, so I think I figured out what's causing the posting slowdowns.

SO IT IS NOT JUST ME! omg thanks for that post Jyo. I was wondering if my browser was flipping out or something for the last couple of days. What is causing it?

Yes excellent

But I see, and thanks!

SO IT IS NOT JUST ME! omg thanks for that post Jyo. I was wondering if my browser was flipping out or something for the last couple of days. What is causing it?

Problems with e-mail notifcations were causing it, oddly enough. Basically the smtp server connections were timing out, causing the posting process to hang for a bit. I did /not/ expect that to be the cause at all. It sure as hell surprised me!

Also, in my infinite wisdom, I accidentally IP banned everyone from the old.serenesforest.net domain over the weekend. Good times.

Problems with e-mail notifcations were causing it, oddly enough. Basically the smtp server connections were timing out, causing the posting process to hang for a bit. I did /not/ expect that to be the cause at all. It sure as hell surprised me!

Also, in my infinite wisdom, I accidentally IP banned everyone from the old.serenesforest.net domain over the weekend. Good times.

welp. gg jyo lol!

That is weird though. The scripts for like, posting an image ended up hanging really bad earlier today too. Silly forum making me actually input bbcode wtf. :P:

I'm curious at how that was related, but I'm sure the jargon would fly right over my sleepless mind. But good on you for getting that sorted out.

and lol, how did that happen? Can I partake in this study of infinite wisdom?

and here i thought it was opera acting up again

I'm curious at how that was related, but I'm sure the jargon would fly right over my sleepless mind. But good on you for getting that sorted out.

and lol, how did that happen? Can I partake in this study of infinite wisdom?

Whenever you post a message, some javascript is run to display the new information without refreshing the entire page. This likely hangs while waiting for the e-mail notifications to go through before it returns something that says "Hey, your message was successfully posted!" Normally the e-mail notifications are basically instant, so you wouldn't ever notice that.

As far as the ban, I've set us up a proxy/CDN. This acts as a middleman between you guys and our servers, helping with security and bandwidth. Given that, there's no real reason to allow the entire world to access our server directly, so I banned most IP ranges for security.

Whenever you post a message, some javascript is run to display the new information without refreshing the entire page. This likely hangs while waiting for the e-mail notifications to go through before it returns something that says "Hey, your message was successfully posted!" Normally the e-mail notifications are basically instant, so you wouldn't ever notice that.

As far as the ban, I've set us up a proxy/CDN. This acts as a middleman between you guys and our servers, helping with security and bandwidth. Given that, there's no real reason to allow the entire world to access our server directly, so I banned most IP ranges for security.

Oh, I thought it was gonna go right over my head, but I think I got it. But to confirm, there was a fault with the javascript as it performs its task after a post is made?

Now I see, security and bandwith control... that would be a metric ton of ips accessing these servers and would be just not good at all, so yeah I get it now.

even if I can't word it properly

and here i thought it was opera acting up again

you use Opera too? I had forgotten this.

Jyo, that explains the post options for bbcode (like the image button) hanging.

Yay it seems fixed and thats nice.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson