FE4 THREAD

Fia

Ehhh, it rakes a while, but I just drain his MP to zero.

Either way it's not as satisfying as Draining Atma Weapon's MP.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate draining monsters' MP to zero. It's so boring using Rasp over and over again. There should be a better way of depleting MP.

Arrive into the battle with almost no MP yourself.

I hate draining monsters' MP to zero. It's so boring using Rasp over and over again. There should be a better way of depleting MP.

Well, that's what Osmose is for. Also, I'll do anything to avoid eating an Ultima if that's what they'll cast after they die.

Well, that's what Osmose is for. Also, I'll do anything to avoid eating an Ultima if that's what they'll cast after they die.

Osmose depletes even less MP than Rasp, which is already weak to begin with. :\

I never realized, but the mage who battles Odin in that cutscene might be the biggest badass in the game.

Eh... I don't know. He survived Odin's Zantetsuken, but that's about it. He didn't even manage to actually kill Odin.

And speaking of Odin, it always annoyed me how there was a space left open after you upgrade his magicite.

If it's possible, I like to use Berserk on such occasions.

I remember a troublesome boss in FFV Advance that required either that or draining its MP because the bastard had the ability to restart the whole battle.

Osmose depletes even less MP than Rasp, which is already weak to begin with. :\

Eh... I don't know. He survived Odin's Zantetsuken, but that's about it. He didn't even manage to actually kill Odin.

And speaking of Odin, it always annoyed me how there was a space left open after you upgrade his magicite.

Well, at least Osmose replenishes your own MP, if anything.

Well, Reideen is technically a different Esper. But yeah, he could've just used the same slot.

He turned Odin into Magicite 1000 prior to all that technobabble. It's quite amazing.

Upgrade my ass, I never liked Raiden.

He turned Odin into Magicite 1000 prior to all that technobabble. It's quite amazing.

Don't they all turn to Magicite even sometimes on their own will? Like Ramuh.

I don't think that was the case, the castle being attacked and the whole affair with the human lady,

I don't have a problem with Raiden, although I find the way he's linked with Odin a bit odd. I would have preferred if Raiden had been a separate entity with his own backstory.

That's actually a good question. Ramuh states that espers become magicite when they die, but the pit that Kefka throws Ifrit and Shiva into (and presumably where all espers who were drained are thrown) is full of skeletal corpses and not magicite. This casts some doubt on whether or not espers always become magicite or just under certain circumstances.

That's actually a good question. Ramuh states that espers become magicite when they die, but the pit that Kefka throws Ifrit and Shiva into (and presumably where all espers who were drained are thrown) is full of skeletal corpses and not magicite. This casts some doubt on whether or not espers always become magicite or just under certain circumstances.

Maybe the skeletal corpses are from workers who went down into the pit to go for esper magicite or something (if the esper decides to preserve itself as magicite or something to avoid death) and the espers were still alive. Did Kefka throw them into the pit saying something liek "you're too weak for me" or did he do it kinda spontaneously without much clear reason?

I don't have a problem with Raiden, although I find the way he's linked with Odin a bit odd. I would have preferred if Raiden had been a separate entity with his own backstory.

I agree with that. Also Titan > Midgarhsadjkashkdashk Terrato

Maybe Ifrit and Shiva were turned into Magicite because they weren't fully drained? And those skeletons are from those Espers that were fully drained...?

I don't think that was the case, the castle being attacked and the whole affair with the human lady,

But isn't Odin actually petrified when you find him, which afterwards turns to Magicite?

Indeed. It seems it's something they do on their own will. Ramuh and the 3 other who escaped with him. Then Ifrit and Shiva, then the 6 you get in the Factory.

On the other hand, there also seems to be a way to force them into Magicite state as well. Like what Kefka did in Thamassa, then all those others you need defeat a boss to get a Magicite, like that flying thing with Bahamut, or the Advance only Espers sans Diabolos, who you still need to defeat Omega Weapon for anyway.

But isn't Odin actually petrified when you find him, which afterwards turns to Magicite?

According to the dialogue, he was turned into magicite, but my two cents is that he was petrified to avoid being turned into that.

Okay, I think I got how this whole 'turn to Magicite' stuff works.

It's highly likely they'd need some power to even become Magicite. The Empire didn't knew of Magicite since they always drained the Espers to death. I doubt a Magicite could form with no magic left in them, and so die as they are.

In every other case though, the Esper chooses to become Magicite on it's own will or its first beaten to death. In that way their power is still intact despite dying, therefore why they turn to Magicite that way.

It's highly likely they'd need some power to even become Magicite. The Empire didn't knew of Magicite since they always drained the Espers to death. I doubt a Magicite could form with no magic left in them, and so die as they are.

The empire definitely knew about magicite because they had them in test tubes in the research facility attached to the factory. I believe it is even called the "magicite research facility."

The empire definitely knew about magicite because they had them in test tubes in the research facility attached to the factory. I believe it is even called the "magicite research facility."

I doubt it. Those tubes are for draining their power. And Kefka still complains about how little they gain from draining them when he dumps Ifrit and Shiva to the pit. So no, they didn't knew about Magicite until later on.

Keyword is "test". Those that were in the tubes were the successful experiments, and those skeletons are the ones that went wrong.

The Empire had no knowledge of magicite until all the espers in the tubes became magicite when Locke, Celes, and the others broke in. Up until then, the Empire just leeched the espers' powers using machines. Cid even indicates that he was completely unaware of the existence of magicite.

The Empire had no knowledge of magicite until all the espers in the tubes became magicite when Locke, Celes, and the others broke in. Up until then, the Empire just leeched the espers' powers using machines. Cid even indicates that he was completely unaware of the existence of magicite.

Aha. I forgot about that. Sorry, it's been so long...

I guess that Kefka is just evil brilliance for learning how to turn them into magicite against their will (he does that, right? in Strago's hometown...Thamasa?).

Edited by Blue Mars

Yeah, he kills a whole bunch of them with barely more than a flick of his wrist. Kefka's power increases an absurd amount over the course of the game.