• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Chocolate...? Did you say, chocolate?

Chocolate??

Chocolate?!

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... Hot Chocolate has Caffeine.

"Caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that acts as a stimulant drug."

It's not enough to cause harm to you in regular quantities you find in food and such.

Now if you had a small bag of it and swallowed it, it'd be enough to kill you, yes.

Huh? I did not know that.

Chocolate...? Did you say, chocolate?

Yep.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It's raining and windy outside in my town today.

Edited by King Marth 64

Neither are flawless, and both are experimental. FE4, on the other hand, has much more pronounced balance issues and can be tedious to complete thanks to the sheer distance it forces units to travel, compounding the balance issues between foot and mounted units. The weapons, while awesome, are a design and balance joke. One of the most important mechanics in the game, pairing for children, is IIRC hinted at, at best, and while it has rules that can be made sense of, they're still unnecessarily arcane for something that isn't explained in detail. I also didn't know until past the first chapter that I could save progress at the beginning of a turn, which is silly, though ultimately appreciated.

Neither is impossible to complete or have fun with, and they both do interesting things. But I wouldn't hold either of them as paragons of game design, even one over the other.

Balance between cavalry/infantry: I never saw it as a problem because you can use everyone. And you have to use everyone in order to achieve good ranks.

The overpowered weapons serve the story rather than the gameplay. It might not be the best, but it's a design choice. So I'd say there were at least more thoughts put into it compared to the capture interface / FoW in FE5.

And it makes sense that the game isn't going to tell you to put your units next to each other since it would ruin the plot twist. That and it could easily be in the manual.

When FE5 has quite likely the most broken trade system, losing one item on one character doesn't strike me as bad. I can just trade whatever seventh item (if needed, really) I needed on him on turn 1.

Still isn't as good as using the item during battle preps.

I think it added another layer of suspense. Not only you don't see the enemies, but you don't see the terrain either. In Super Thracia, it's even better considering the enemies are more than capable of ripping you a new one. Especially if they seem to be innocent children armed with battle axes.

The fact you can't see the terrain means that you can't use it to your advantage, in a strategy game.

Now let's have indoor maps where you can't even choose your weapons type, and just add invisible teleporters to make it more annoying.

I don't think visibility should be that apparent either. You have a weapon in your hands and there might not be any torches or light to guide you around.

It certainly shouldn't be that black. FE7 did that right. FE5 didn't.

Edited by Marthur

Yep.

Chocolate??

Chocolate?!

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're talking to somene who is studying game design by the way.

And game design isn't only about gameplay, people.

If I ever get in that field... I'll probably be a mindless drone of a programmer. They're just gonna tell me "You need to code something like this, this, and this."

>implying that my post was supposed to be taken seriously

In this context, I can't see any other meaning than "Marthur is bullshiting because he likes FE4", when I actually raise valid points. FE5's design was rushed and it shows.

In this context, I can't see any other meaning than "Marthur is bullshiting because he likes FE4", when I actually raise valid points. FE5's design was rushed and it shows.

And it has that damn fatigue system.

HNNNNNNNG

What? This thread is dead on a Saturday as well?

What is a Saturday? A miserable little sequel to Friday!

In unrelated news I'm really bad about starting RPGs and not actually playing them till months later. Like I did with SJ earlier this week and like I'm doing right now with DDS since I got my PS2 controller back.

Heat why do you level so slooooooooooooooowly?

What? This thread is dead on a Saturday as well?

Meh. Back to coding. And after I finish, hopefully I can get at least one FE6 support done.

This thread's always dead, regretful as it is to say.