FE4 THREAD

Fia

In the end, I decided to play around with RemoteRoyLite (I found a version specific for 6.X firmware and an option to turn off image transmission for improved stability) and play Ys vs Sora no Kiseki instead of Blaze Black or Skies of Arcadia

Also subway workers' strike starting next Monday, boo Now it'll take me twice as long to get to and from work

Ys V SnK? Goooood, good. now go beat seven

That sucks. Reminds me that the bus schedules are changing around here tomorrow

hope they dont do anything dumb

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... Also, battlefield 32 and battlefeld 41 are annoying (the former because of [EFF!]ing Medusa Eye and an assassin who has the TEC to hit just about anyone with it [and the fact you have to defend against Gulcasa in an area where making a good defensive formation is pretty difficult doesn't help matters any], and the latter because of the swamp [though you can cheese it with the Marchen Wings]).

32, yes. Amareus wasn't too annoying, but fending off Gulcasa was a pain. 41, tbh, I didn't find the swamp battle to be that bad...

Hey TE, would you recommend that I get the PSP Component Cable to hook it up to the TV? What's your opinion on it?

While I use it and most definitely don't regret that acquisition (especially now that I believe I've found a reasonable way of playing it with a decent controller), there are some things you must be aware of.

First, it requires progressive scan, so it won't work on old TVs. I doubt that'll be an issue for you, but I couldn't get it to work with any of the CRTs here at home.

Second, the PSP's resolution is low - 480p? So, upscalling (doesn't look very pretty, since artifacts). Also, in the PSP 2000's case (I think I read that might have been fixed in the 3000), the game is displayed in a small area of the screen, and you can only make it bigger if your TV has zoom functions. It's silly; the XMB is displayed normally, just the games become minuscule.

Note that pic has my TV at max zoom, and even then the game doesn't fill the entire screen...

*goes back a few pages*

"Schwarzesmarken"

... okay.

*Goes to the story page*

... what the hell.

Less eroge, more Falcom.

Ys V SnK? Goooood, good. now go beat seven

That sucks. Reminds me that the bus schedules are changing around here tomorrow

hope they dont do anything dumb

I don't know. I might give it a shot now that I have better controls at my disposal... but I'm afraid Ys is very, very low in my priority list. TitS and Nayuta come first.

Edited by ThediusZanarukendo

32, yes. Amareus wasn't too annoying, but fending off Gulcasa was a pain. 41, tbh, I didn't find the swamp battle to be that bad...

There's that one Knight, though... if you're unlucky, he'll bring those Necromancers and Juvelon into the union, though he'll usually attack after offing the second Skeleton. And preventing him from moving means he drags Amareus in, which is bad. As for the swamp, yeah, it's not too hard, but getting unlucky means you're likely eating a ton of morale damage due to the swamp.

Video recordings are becoming less painful... when the time is under 1 minute and my voice isn't being recorded. Edited by Folgore Blue

Rey, don't you think that area-of-effect healing spells aren't that useful? Because I seriously do.

They're not until you're way into the game with spell cast time and TP reducing capabilities.

And only really on bosses and outside battle healing.

*Goes to the story page*

... what the hell.

まどろみの中、柔らかな感触がテオドールを包む。目を開くと、錦糸のような髪に彩られた白く透き通るアイリスディーナの素肌が目の前にあった。思いもしない状況にテオドールは慌てふためくのだが……。

Still laughing.

They're not until you're way into the game with spell cast time and TP reducing capabilities.

And only really on bosses and outside battle healing.

Well, I'll give you outside-battle healing. But other than that, let's just say I had Raine using mostly Nurse since Revitalize has an obscene TP cost. Also, Vesperia noifed Nurse pretty bad, mayn. It can easily be summed up as First Aid on the whole party in that game. Abyss in particular is the one game where I was hurting for a good healing spell for pretty much the whole darn game (Holy Song doesn't count [it's not nearly potent enough healing, and it's a fonic hymn], and Revitalize is one of those fonic hymns that takes too drat long to cast).

Edited by Golden Cucco

Second, the PSP's resolution is low - 480p? So, upscalling (doesn't look very pretty, since artifacts). Also, in the PSP 2000's case (I think I read that might have been fixed in the 3000), the game is displayed in a small area of the screen, and you can only make it bigger if your TV has zoom functions. It's silly; the XMB is displayed normally, just the games become minuscule.

Note that pic has my TV at max zoom, and even then the game doesn't fill the entire screen...

Hmm... Isn't there a custom firmware plugin or something that'd fix that?

Hmm... Isn't there a custom firmware plugin or something that'd fix that?

I have no idea. I bought my PSP with a modded 6.60ME firmware already, and not many plugins work on it, so...

I have no idea. I bought my PSP with a modded 6.60ME firmware already, and not many plugins work on it, so...

Hm, right...

I guess it's time for some research. *opens Google*

Although the user needs component cables and a TV that supports 480p (mainly found in HDTVs) to play PSP format software, a homebrew plugin called FuSa[94] allows anyone with a Slim PSP to view their games on any SDTV or HDTV using Composite or Component cables. The plugin is also advantageous to those with TVs that do support 480p because it allows a full screen (1:1 ratio) viewing of games. The maximum resolution through TV output is 720 × 480 pixels and composite video uses NTSC color encoding (no PAL composite signal is available; European TVs must be NTSC compatible to be used with a PSP via composite).

I actually read about FuSa a while back. How could I have forgotten about it...

There's that one Knight, though... if you're unlucky, he'll bring those Necromancers and Juvelon into the union, though he'll usually attack after offing the second Skeleton. And preventing him from moving means he drags Amareus in, which is bad. As for the swamp, yeah, it's not too hard, but getting unlucky means you're likely eating a ton of morale damage due to the swamp.

Hmm, it's been so long since I last played YU that I can't actually remember too many details. I guess I probably got lucky, since I don't recall having a particularly hard time in that battle (compared certain others). By the time I reached, I already accepted that it shouldn't be played like FE and that there's no problem if someone dies in every battlefield. Besides, I stocked up a lot of Medallions before that. Although the swamp itself wasn't difficult, it's true that it hurts you more in the long run. You can't beat Marietta if everyone's at 1 Morale :P

Hmm, it's been so long since I last played YU that I can't actually remember too many details. I guess I probably got lucky, since I don't recall having a particularly hard time in that battle (compared certain others). By the time I reached, I already accepted that it shouldn't be played like FE and that there's no problem if someone dies in every battlefield. Besides, I stocked up a lot of Medallions before that. Although the swamp itself wasn't difficult, it's true that it hurts you more in the long run. You can't beat Marietta if everyone's at 1 Morale :P

Indeed, the swamp's more annoying than actually difficult. Also, I'd say what the player does in YU is generally more important than what the player does in FE since you only get one attack per turn in YU and in FE, I generally find Enemy Phase to be where the bulk of the action happens.

Hi Freohr.

Late late late helloooo I was busy =3

If I can, anyone can

Highest I've reached is ~30k, my reflexes are not that good XD So I say "BLASPHEMY!!!"

Highest I've reached is ~30k, my reflexes are not that good XD So I say "BLASPHEMY!!!"

My reflexes suck, ask any of the thread veterans