• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Balcerzak's SMT logs are reminding that I need to finish that game, think I left off in Ikebukuro.

Didn't do anything witty with the naming though. just called law and chaos heroes Ornstein and Smough

Man, I have a girlfriend? This is a bizarro world.

But besides that, Nightmar sure sounds like me. GOOD READ etc.

Yeah, for some reason Law Hero is dating girl-next-door, who canonically has the same name as Heroine. (Probably to make first time players think she was the heroine, despite her denial of having had strange dreams. I know I did initially.) In logs I'm leaving girl-next-door unnamed, because I can.

You said you'd make a horrible joke once Sask got to gnome. Have you made it yet, Rey

Fine.

So Sask. Remember those spirits and how you said Sylph was silly? Well... they'll start abusing her... INSIDE you.

You made a Mia Rick Roll? I love Rick Roll! SHOW MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!! D:

Enjoy.

So Sask. Remember those spirits and how you said Sylph was silly? Well... they'll start abusing her... INSIDE you.

What're you talking about Rey?

Brother installs new internet card drivers for PC via disk while I'm at school, using external disk drive.

Parents take disk drive while I'm still gone.

Brother needs disk back, not at my PC. Knows it was taken before I got back home.

Apparently I lost it and am deserving of getting yelled at.

:mellow:

Jolly good times with the family eh.

Been a pretty terrible week for all of us. Every day has had something major go wrong at least one or two of us. Such as my computer problems, school related stuff, etc.

Been a pretty terrible week for all of us. Every day has had something major go wrong at least one or two of us. Such as my computer problems, school related stuff, etc.

Ouch.

Yeah... have fun/good luck with all that >_>;

That's really all I can say.

Random note... is it just me, or am I seeing less and less of Mr. Contribution?

Edited by shadowofchaos

[spoiler=Shin Megami Tensei logs]

[spoiler=Our Heroes' Stats]smtheroteens.png

smtlawteens.png

smtchaosteens.png

Upon arriving at The Lab, for that was the name of the destination registered in the terminal, we had to again fight our way out. For a moment it looked like we could have avoided it, as a demon who spotted us assumed we were demons disguised as humans, having been summoned from Makai, but it realized its mistake. When we exit the lab, we find ourselves in Sendagaya. The first order of business was to check the perimeter. The military still have thinks locked down tight; martial law at its finest. We circle around Yoyogi, Ichigaya, Shinanomachi, Jingu Gaien, Akasaka, and Yotsuya. There's no way out. We head to Shinjuku, where there are the most buildings still accessible, and find Gotou broadcasting on the big screen.

smtutopiaman.png

With a face like that, it's hard to trust his rants about Utopia. Not to mention his leading the coup d'etat led to all of these problems, and are the reason why even the Americans are getting involved. Still, he does have a certain charisma to him, and it's not hard to see why some would follow him.

Leaving the big screen behind, we enter Shinjuku's mall, a huge sprawling thing that puts the one in my hometown to shame. We cover every inch of that place looking for clues, and also upgrade some of our gear while we're at it. My minions have grown to include the likes of Harpy, Sanki, Gamygyn, and Dryad in addition to those I negotiated with previously. At one of the bars, an idealist bartender grills me with questions. Giving him the right set of answers, he takes me into his confidence and he gives me a matchbook, which serves as the secret code to get into the Resistance hideout. The Resistance is a pretty noble group, who're aiming to oppose both the coup forces and the Americans, so I'm more than happy to pay the place a visit and learn more.

You can not imagine my surprise.

smtfoundchalis.png

smtchal2.png

The leader of the resistance is the girl from my dreams. My heart first stops beating, the speeds up to triple time. She knows and trusts us, for saving her from the ritual, and asks us to join her cause. There isn't even the slightest hint of hesitation as I answer in the affirmative.

Things immediately take a sour note however. Somehow the security was breeched, and the other woman from my dreams, the shady bitch I really couldn't care less for, Yuriko, rushes in and takes Chalis hostage, before making good her escape, hostage in tow. Apparently that was her goal all along!

smtfuck.png

The members of the resistance all flood out looking for her and for clues. Yuriko seems to be working for Ozawa, who's recently started buddying up with Gotou's faction. That petty thug has some high ambitions and good connections! Me and my crew learn he's got a hideout nearby and we storm into it. On our way through the place, I press into service convince an Imp to join my party. Ether in particular is raging harder than usual, and I'm no happy camper myself. Night doesn't think highly of his cowardly tactics either.

smtether.png

He summons a demon to distract us and escapes while we're fighting it. How typical. We search the hideout, but find neither hide nor hair of the captured woman, nor of Nightmar's missing girlfriend. Dejected we head back to the bar. Whispered news has it that Chalis is scheduled to be executed though, and this galvanizes us back into action.

smtexecution1.png

smtexecution2.png

Racing to the government building we arrive just ahead of schedule and push our way to the front. Yuriko takes the time to lord over her success and taunt us. Well, me in specifically. I have no idea what her stalker obsession with me is about, nor do I particularly care for it.

smtdontdoitbitch.png

smtisthatwhatthisisabou.png

Undeterred we fight through wave after wave of demons, zombie soldiers, guards, everything. Panting and pushed to exhaustion success appears to have been bought. Out of troops Yuriko is forced to retreat and Chalis is saved. What kind of barbaric execution did they have in mind for her anyway?!

smtchalissaved.png

We head back to the bar, which now that Resistance HQ had been compromised is the newer, safer place to stage a base of operations (stop looking at me like that, it's not my decision). Once we arrive Chalis thanks us again for rescuing her.

smtsuccess.png

She then has information to share. While Gotou was looking for her, he rounded up dozens of other girls of similar builds, and with similar names, in an attempt to find her. She thinks it's plausible the girl next door may be one such victim, and gives the location of where they're being held. She also has information on the current wherabouts of Ozawa. Nightmar and Ether both leap at these opportunities, and the party splits up with each going their separate ways, leaving me alone with Chalis.

smtalonewithchalis.png

smtchalisautolevelledc.png

I cannot say that I am displeased with this state of affairs; no, not at all.

She has an idea. While the Resistance on its own doesn't have the men or the numbers to fully stop either Gotou or the Americans, with my Demon summoning program, we may stand a better chance. She suggests we go speak with each of them, and try to get things sorted out once and for all. I'm not sure we'll be able to get them to see eye-to-eye, but it couldn't hurt to give it a try, so I agree to the plan. But first I find a fusing machine at Shinjuku mall and strengthen up my demons. After a bit of work, I end up with a Ghoul, a Unicorn, and a Rusulka.

On my way through Gotou's lair I convince a Gaian Suicide Squad, a Forneus, a Cu Sith, and a Fachan that working for me has its perks. By the time we get to the top, I'm feeling pretty well prepared, all things considered. Gotou seems to be expecting us, and delivers a speech about how he's just trying to do the right thing. Apparently God is in cohoots with the American's and they've got some 1000 year plan, where there will be salvation but only for some. Shit reminds me of those Jehovah's Witnesses that always swing by door-to-door and annoy you.

smtgatou.png

I'm honestly not buying his tune, but he does have the decency not to force the issue. He says he'll be a gentleman and wait, while I go confirm things at the American embassy, and hear the other side of the story. I promptly do so. Ambassador Thorman has his own version of events. Gotou is a dangerous renegade, aiming to free Lucifer and the demons and that's bad. Something about his tone really doesn't rub me the right way, though. I doubt he's on the level.

smtthorman.png

I head back to Gotou and tell him I ain't buying it, and I'm not going to team up with him. He seems disappointed, but determined not to let me hook up with the Americans he sets his demons on me, and after we fend those off, attacks himself. He's no match for me and Chalis though, and he goes down. His last words are regret and lament, and he warns us for being short-sighted. Just what will happen in the wake of his death, he begs us consider.

We go back to Thorman, and he seems excessively pleased. He practically assumes we did it for him, and when I told him 'Hold up, I ain't buying the kool-aid with this 1000 year plan. The Resistance means to stop both of you,' he drops his disguise and reveals himself to actually be Thor. God from legends Thor. This was a huge shock, but there was no time to ponder it as he was on the attack. After fiercely defending ourselves, we manage victory. With his dying breath he tells us that "Thor's Hammer", a cluster of nuclear tipped ICBMs has been unleashed, and it will fall upon Tokyo. An alarm goes off, echoing 30 seconds to impact. That's... not much time.

smtthisisntgood.png

Chalis and I book it to the try to at least get to the underground tunnel, maybe get some cover, but as things are turning out hopelessly, she has another idea for things. Using a magic spell I didn't know she knew, she teleports me away, just in the nick of time.

I wake up in a blue world, feeling strangely disoriented. My minions have all disappeared, though I don't know why. It's not like they were nuked, they should still be accessible from my armcomputer. I'm no expert though, and can't claim to fully understand the workings behind the summoning app, so I get to my feet and look around. There's a mysterious man here and a pair of demons. He tells me two of my friends are waiting for me in this place, and that I need to seek them out and then return. So, seek I do.

smtfindnight.png

smtbacktonight.png

smtfindether.png

smtbacktoether.png

I have no idea how the two of them managed to show up here, and they aren't exactly telling. Nightmar is the same strong and reliable friend he's been, and Ether is trying to cover up his fear and relief with a bit of tsuntsun. I briefly imagine him saying "I-It's not like I was waiting here for you to find me. B-baka!" It helps to dull the pain of loss. As I continue to explore this strange new space however, other ghostly spectres of the past stab open old wounds and turn the knife. I meet my mother, who still worries after me. I see the girl next door. [spoiler=you're not the real chalis]smtyourenottherealchali.png

But worst of all. Chalis. Uttering her last words before she sent me away to this lonely place without her.

smt1.png

smt2.png

I barely have the heart to complete the series of fetch quests the old man sends me on: one for some spring water called Soma with the aid of my friends, and then another one by my lonesome collecting weapons from two spirits who each attack me for having a different worldview philosophy than their own. Throughout the course of the travels in this other-world I collect new demons to serve me, as well as finding a few of my old ones that still recognize their master in various nooks and crannies. I also do a bit more fusing action, and end up with: Tangie, Ghandarva, Worm, Kelpie, Kinnari, Nekomata, Tsuchi-gumo, and Apsaras.

Finally having satisfied the old man, and again rejoined by Nightmar and Ether, we plead with him to let us go home, and he grudgingly obliges. But the final test is defeating his two demon minions, right in front of the portal back to Earth!

smtgoinghome.png

It's a shockingly hard fight, but the sight that greets us upon our return is even more shocking. Everything has changed! The landscape is broken, blasted, and battered.

smteverythingsdifferent.png

Even the currency has changed!

smtnooooomymonies.png

The exchange rate is not quite as harsh as the old beggar promised, but the hole this leaves in my wallet still stings sorely.

smttheexchangeratecould.png

Almost in a daze, practically shellshocked, we wander to the "old familiar" Shinjuku Mall, barter our way to some updated equipment, and try to figure out where to go from here.

[spoiler=Our Heroes' Stats]smtheromid20s.png

smtlawmid20s.png

smtchaosmid20s.png