Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! This week's episode is out!

[spoiler=my otp]Kana x Everyone

Arata x Chihaya! It's mutual and perfect and I will fight for this ship. With both their points of view, I can no longer accept anything else crossing that misty bridge.

Mashima is cool, I really really like that he's developing and making his own choices. I mean, wow when was the last time that's ever happened for a 'hero' character in a shojo? I think Mashima is playing Karuta for the reason he stated, he doesn't want to run away anymore. He wants to be committed at something, and for that it's the game and their friendship, not that I doubt his feelings but he has a lot going on to think about and bag of repression. Absolutely refreshing how he destroys every expectation I've had of him originally SUCH A GOOD AND COMPLEX CHARACTER AND HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE THE LOVE INTEREST TO ACHIEVE THIS WOW. 10/10 ROLE-MODEL MATERIAL.

i really like this show ok, absolutely every character is adorable and it makes me want to try that hard at something i like

spoilers: this week's episode was fantastic.

[spoiler=pairings/characterization/babble]

Oe-san is adorable, yes, and goes well with everyone.

I have to say, while I would not prefer to see an Arata x Chihaya endgame, I am more or less resigning myself toward it being the inevitable canon outcome at this point. It's probably not even his fault that I don't really like him (though there are definite strikes against him in that regard) as he gets nowhere near the screentime Mashima does, and maybe a quarter of the character development.

Yes, he's obviously got a thing for her, and Chihaya certainly does seem to have it back (though I'm not sure how much she realizes it consciously or not). But it's going to be crushing (fittingly so, considering his struggles to make A class for example) for Mashima putting in all that hard work, and in the end losing. Sometimes that's just life though, all the hard work in the world can't change a person's heart... nor should it, actually. A woman is not a game for you to win, she's got hopes, dreams, ambitions, and loves of her own.

The addition of the new 1st year to the club makes things pretty interesting, and I'm really curious to see if this is the cop-out "adding someone just to tie up loose ends". Considering how absolutely stellar Chihayafuru has been in other areas of smashing through the boundaries of mediocrity into greatness though, I have excellent hopes that the author has bigger and better plans, and she will obviously develop and mature as well. There have already been very positive signs on this point, I feel.

Can I just quit, please?

Because I'm still writing down very vivid memories of what happened to me in "that" world.

Quit what?

And why do you have to ask? Why not just do so?

Edited by Zak Defender of Tinny

Now every time I hear Basilio I'ma be hearing INFERNO DIVIDER, CARNAGE SCISSORS, GAUNTLET HADES, HELL'S FANG or DEAD SPIKE. Or even DHAOS LASER!

That reminds me, I still have to start writing a paper for my externship class. I got required elements to put in it, but I really should get it started so I don't have to write the whole thing out in a hurry.

I gotta stop procrastinating about that.