• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always found cool the DS design of the Tower of Zot. At least it's not longer a clone of the Tower of Babil design...

And don't get me started on the castles...

I've always found cool the DS design of the Tower of Zot. At least it's not longer a clone of the Tower of Babil design...

Indeed. The enemies there, however, are ugh. Fuck Frostbeasts and Flamehounds. Nothing to piss off a player like an enemy with an OP multi target attack that can easily dismantle even a party that's overleveled.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Indeed. The enemies there, however, are ugh. Fuck Frostbeasts and Flamehounds.

At least most of them are weak to Fire. And you can be well covered there, with Fira, the Flame Claws, and the Flame Sword is found relatively early on the dungeon as well.

At least most of them are weak to Fire. And you can be well covered there, with Fira, the Flame Claws, and the Flame Sword is found relatively early on the dungeon as well.

And there's the Flamehound in one of those chests... The lucky part is there's only one. But when you see them as normal-ass enemies (Just like all those Axe Armors!), you better start prayin', since Flamehounds are just like Frostbeasts, down to having the same broken target all attack that'll devastate you even if you're overleveled.

Edited by Levant Fortner

And there's the Flamehound in one of those chests... The lucky part is there's only one. But when you see them as normal-ass enemies (Just like all those Axe Armors!), you better start prayin', since Flamehounds are just like Frostbeasts, down to having the same OP target all attack that'll devastate you even if you're overleveled.

Yeah but, don't by the time you find them as normal enemies, you can already get the Icebrand and Ice Lance? Plus Ice Claws, Blizzara, and Shiva. And the Ice Mail, and... well, you know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So I started playing Etrian Odyssey and I'm

enjoying myself

The soundtrack made me play EO1

It wasn't enough to make me play EO2 though, since it isn't really my type of game

*sigh*

I'm taking this to heart too much...

僕のオリヴィエがそんなに・・・

嫌な感じだ。

そうだったら・・・僕はもう一人の男だけだ・・・

特別にしてくれないんだろう。

いやだ。 いやだ。

Yeah but, don't by the time you find them as normal enemies, you can already get the Icebrand and Ice Lance? Plus Ice Claws, Blizzara, and Shiva. And the Ice Mail, and... well, you know what I'm talking about.

Well, I suppose you have a point. However, (unless enemy formations differ in the DS version), Flamehounds can potentially appear in threes, which obviously sucks.

*sigh*

I'm taking this to heart too much...

僕のオリヴィエがそんなに・・・

嫌な感じだ。

そうだったら・・・僕はもう一人の男だけだ・・・

特別にしてくれないんだろう。

いやだ。 いやだ。

Yes you are. It's actually pretty pathetic, if you ask me.

ゲームキャラは君を特別にする訳がない。

人間を特別に出来るのは他ならぬ人間だ、愚か者よ。

勇気を出せ。覚悟を決めろ。

おい、てめぇ・・・

死にたいか?

I think I'll use Olivia as my sleeping aid tonight Edited by OldMan

Sometimes, I wonder if elemental access should have been expanded for certain elements. Like, for example, judging from these Bestiary Entries, quite a couple of bosses are affected by the Earth element in some way, either resisting it, or absorbing it, or whatever. And yet... just what kind of Earth elemental attack do I have even access to at this point in the game? I mean, sure, it wouldn't have helped anyway, but then, why bother making them resist Earth if I'm not gonna have access to it...

Well, I suppose you have a point. However, (unless enemy formations differ in the DS version), Flamehounds can potentially appear in threes, which obviously sucks.

I wouldn't know, it's been long since I've seen it. Either way... there is still quite some way to counter it. Shiva and Blizzara are MT. If you have a Cursed Ring, use it with the Ice Mail and you're practically invincible, since the ring turns elemental resistance to elemental absorption. Actually... yeah, with the Ring+Mail combo, you don't have to worry about them.

Also, I'm sure you can Slow them down. I don't think there is anything that resists Slow, since it's technically not a Status Ailment due to how the ATB system is coded in this game. Yes, even Zeromus can be Slowed, even if Black Hole will remove it since it resets any bonus/penalty granted on the battle.

Edited by Acacia Sgt