Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Bye Vashiane.

Why is Shirley making an soc build?

Well, if Rey's right about her turning into him... well, this is perhaps the next step.
Edited by Acacia Sgt

ARGH! Theres a moron on westeros.org who doesnt understand how plots move forward and i am arguing how hes pretty much a moron and *spoilers for ASOIAF* and when *spoiler* happens, it moves a plot forward. Moron thinks that a plot can move forward without *MEGA SPOILER* and hes just plain wrong.

ARGH! Theres a moron on westeros.org who doesnt understand how plots move forward and i am arguing how hes pretty much a moron and *spoilers for ASOIAF* and when *spoiler* happens, it moves a plot forward. Moron thinks that a plot can move forward without *MEGA SPOILER* and hes just plain wrong.

I'm sorry?

…Yeah, typically when spoiler stuff happens, it's to move the plot forward, though. There's no point to having it happen otherwise.

Heh yeah. One guy is arguing that if X Character Dies, the plot can still go forward. But hes wrong because X Character is one of the biggest plot movers in the series. Next only to Daenerys. So......uhhh NO YER WRONG BUDDY! Some people dont understand storytelling. Like at all.

Heh yeah. One guy is arguing that if X Character Dies, the plot can still go forward. But hes wrong because X Character is one of the biggest plot movers in the series. Next only to Daenerys. So......uhhh NO YER WRONG BUDDY! Some people dont understand storytelling. Like at all.

I suppose in THEORY he could be replaced, but said replacement would be automatically hated and loathed just for being a replacement, more than likely, and it would be very obvious that the death was haphazard at best, so it's better to not kill off the char in the first place. You have to time them perfectly, to get the maximum impact with less cries of outrage.

I suppose in THEORY he could be replaced, but said replacement would be automatically hated and loathed just for being a replacement, more than likely, and it would be very obvious that the death was haphazard at best, so it's better to not kill off the char in the first place. You have to time them perfectly, to get the maximum impact with less cries of outrage.

I have a feeling you know exactly the Plot Bomb im talking about. But to be honest, there IS no suitable replacement for that character due to the structure of the story (with Point Of View chapters) and the only other character who could replace him for that arc is....No...She has no real ties to the overall story arc. In fact, if this character dies indefinitely, the series would be left with one of the biggest plot holes ever seen on Midgard. George R.R. Martin is notorious for killing off characters at key moments, but if you look deeper, you can easily see why those characters die. Those dead characters dont create plot holes at all. Their deaths wrapped up a plot and pushed another character/plot forward.

I have a feeling you know exactly the Plot Bomb im talking about. But to be honest, there IS no suitable replacement for that character due to the structure of the story (with Point Of View chapters) and the only other character who could replace him for that arc is....No...She has no real ties to the overall story arc. In fact, if this character dies indefinitely, the series would be left with one of the biggest plot holes ever seen on Midgard. George R.R. Martin is notorious for killing off characters at key moments, but if you look deeper, you can easily see why those characters die. Those dead characters dont create plot holes at all. Their deaths wrapped up a plot and pushed another character/plot forward.

Mmm, I might have a guess, based on the bits I DO know of the plot (and little bits I've seen of the show because while I'll admit to not being a fan, I WILL admire good acting). However, most of what I'm saying actually… comes from the fact that I do a bit of writing myself (not very GOOD mind, but still). The idea of killing a character is to create drama, impact… and to RESOLVE plot threads, not fray them into ruin. If no one can replace the character, then there's no way you can kill the character. The character is still talking, reacting, and telling the story that has to be written for the ending to make sense. Without that story, you've just wasted a bunch of pages, and likely angered a great number of people.

I'll never get used to this forum letting name changes occur regularly.

I was always used to having a fixed one unless you had an special circumstance.

Huh, they dropped the only twice per 60 days limit now?

I'll never get used to this forum letting name changes occur regularly.I was always used to having a fixed one unless you had an special circumstance.

Meanwhile, I haven't changed mine since August of last year.