• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

As in, the first game?

Yes. It's the best introduction to the general mythology, it's relatively short and straightforward, it enforces the basics of good gameplay (fuse your demons) because only your MCs level up, the demons do not. There's heavy stress on your alignment, throughout the game not just ending seeking, because you cannot summon oppositely aligned demons. I also really enjoy the dual currency aspect of Macca AND Magnetite, as well. Plus, the game being just about the oldest (not gonna count the original megatens) lacks a lot of the other system refinements and experiments added in later games, so going back to it after having experienced Press Turn and other aspects will probably make it seem unsatisfactory, when in truth it's still a pretty amazing game.

I remember the translation patch for SMT1 being a bit buggy during the opening sequences which actually prevented me from progressing, and SMT2 follows one of the endings from SMT1 directly iirc so I can't comment on those.

In that case 3, Strange Journey, and 4 are all good starting points(only easily emulatable one being SJ because DS, unless you can emulate PS2) since 3 is very loosely connected to SMT2, and from what I can tell SJ and 4 aren't related at all. 4 is just the "easiest," in terms of difficulty from my experience.

I can't emulate PS2, but I still have one, so it is still a possibility.

I can't emulate PS2, but I still have one, so it is still a possibility.

Actually with some googling I found out there's been another patch that "fixes every problem with the original patch, including game breaking bugs" so SMT1 would totally be the place to start :P

I'll probably start it again myself considering I tried playing it in 2010 and this patch came out in 2012...

O-okay, I think I found it too...

You Scored as The Empress

Divinatory Meaning: The need to cultivate your own creativity. Reverse Meaning: Too easy going. Not sticking up for your own rights. You are an artist, even if you may not have discovered that yet. You are most happy when you create. Music is a part of your soul energy and need it on a regular basis. Some people may not understand you, but then again, you don’t always understand yourself. Lucky for you, you’re okay with that.

This was my same result.

The Empress 92%
The Tower 83%
The Fool 75%
The Hermit 67%
Death 67%
The Emperor 58%
Justice 58%
The Moon 50%
The Hanging Dragon 50%
The High Priestess 42%
Strength 33%
The Devil 33%
The Star 33%
The Lovers 25%
Edited by Hero-King

Yes. It's the best introduction to the general mythology, it's relatively short and straightforward, it enforces the basics of good gameplay (fuse your demons) because only your MCs level up, the demons do not. There's heavy stress on your alignment, throughout the game not just ending seeking, because you cannot summon oppositely aligned demons. I also really enjoy the dual currency aspect of Macca AND Magnetite, as well. Plus, the game being just about the oldest (not gonna count the original megatens) lacks a lot of the other system refinements and experiments added in later games, so going back to it after having experienced Press Turn and other aspects will probably make it seem unsatisfactory, when in truth it's still a pretty amazing game.

Hmm... I might try to see if I can get to play it then, if not, I'll try PKLucas's suggestion.

The Lovers 92%

The Emperor 83%

Death 83%

Strength 83%

The Tower 75%

The Moon 67%

Justice 67%

The Devil 58%

The Hermit 58%

The Empress 50%

The Star 50%

The High Priestess 42%

The Fool 33%

The Hanging Dragon 33%

nyehehehheheh risette.

Edited by Roxas

Actually with some googling I found out there's been another patch that "fixes every problem with the original patch, including game breaking bugs" so SMT1 would totally be the place to start :P

I'll probably start it again myself considering I tried playing it in 2010 and this patch came out in 2012...

Yeah, some guy in SMTG on 4chan put that together. Even updated most of the demon clan names and included the "quick key to bring up the map instead of navigating the whole set of menus" patch. I played before that was finished, but by all accounts that patch should perform marvelously.

Why is Etrian Odyssey so haaaaaard?! And SMT, too!!! Why, Atlus, why? Why do you keep giving me Game Overs?!?!?!

Well, at least the soundtrack is good, even SMT's sort of gives me the creeps.

Atlus gets its kicks from gamers' frustrated tears.

You Scored as The Tower

Divinatory Meaning: The need to establish very strong foundations in life. Reverse Meaning: Unsafe foundations for any project. Things precariously built up. You are an individual that appreciates structure. You are seen as high-strung by some as your ability to see the big picture makes you cautious in your endeavors. You have a desire to succeed in life that is matched only by your distinct ability to do so.

The Tower 100%

The Moon 92%

The High Priestess 92%

The Lovers 83%

The Star 83%

The Hanging Dragon 75%

Death 75%

The Empress 67%

The Emperor 67%

Justice 67%

Strength 67%

The Fool 58%

The Devil 58%

The Hermit 58%

You Scored as The TowerDivinatory Meaning: The need to establish very strong foundations in life. Reverse Meaning: Unsafe foundations for any project. Things precariously built up. You are an individual that appreciates structure. You are seen as high-strung by some as your ability to see the big picture makes you cautious in your endeavors. You have a desire to succeed in life that is matched only by your distinct ability to do so.The Tower 100%The Moon 92%The High Priestess 92%The Lovers 83%The Star 83%The Hanging Dragon 75%Death 75%The Empress 67%The Emperor 67%Justice 67%Strength 67%The Fool 58%The Devil 58%The Hermit 58%

We're on the same boat.

Hmm, I've got a new one now... It's a little accurate, I got Strength which is PFFT but its description... seemed more accurate than I expected it to be? But also... not completely~

Strength

You scored 39 change, 70 wellbeing, 41 wisdom, and 49 truth

The Strength cards represents the control over material forces. The lion is a symbol of the fire within or the kundalini force that sits coiled within us at the base of the spine. The woman is symbolic of the subconscious, which controls vital functions without the need of conscious thought. She controls the lion with a gentle spiritual touch rather than from brute force. This card falls under the vibration of the number 8.

some extra words:

showing strength

knowing you can endure

having a gallant spirit

feeling an unshakable resolve

taking heart despite setbacks

having stamina

being a rock

being patient

dealing calmly with frustration

accepting others

taking time

maintaining composure

refusing to get angry

showing forbearance

being compassionate

giving others lots of space

tolerating

understanding what others are feeling

accepting

forgiving imperfection

being kind

achieving soft control

persuading

working with

guiding indirectly

being able to influence

tempering force with benevolence

demonstrating the strength of love

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-what-tarot-card-resembles-you-test

Ooh ooh also also I haven't played SMT but I got to watch a bit of SMT IV while watching Integ play it!!

...... and that's all really~ I didn't understand much of what was going on, I just liked looking at the fun demons and answering questions for Ike to try to recruit new creatures ^o^

Edited by Freohr Datia

Oh, another 100% person.

Dat 100%

dat Tiger sign of mine.

The Lovers 92%

The Emperor 83%

Death 83%

Strength 83%

The Tower 75%

The Moon 67%

Justice 67%

The Devil 58%

The Hermit 58%

The Empress 50%

The Star 50%

The High Priestess 42%

The Fool 33%

The Hanging Dragon 33%

nyehehehheheh risette.

But I beat you with 100%.

Another test huh, let's see about this one.

Strength

You scored 41 change, 51 wellbeing, 46 wisdom, and 43 truth

The Strength cards represents the control over material forces. The lion is a symbol of the fire within or the kundalini force that sits coiled within us at the base of the spine. The woman is symbolic of the subconscious, which controls vital functions without the need of conscious thought. She controls the lion with a gentle spiritual touch rather than from brute force. This card falls under the vibration of the number 8.

some extra words:

showing strength
knowing you can endure
having a gallant spirit
feeling an unshakable resolve
taking heart despite setbacks
having stamina
being a rock
being patient
dealing calmly with frustration
accepting others
taking time
maintaining composure
refusing to get angry
showing forbearance

being compassionate
giving others lots of space
tolerating
understanding what others are feeling
accepting
forgiving imperfection
being kind

achieving soft control
persuading
working with
guiding indirectly
being able to influence
tempering force with benevolence

demonstrating the strength of love

This is so different from The Hermit... hmm...

Nonono, I mean, there are any restrictions? And what do I do after completing it? btw, thanks for posting that, I'd almost forgotten about these videos of yours

You Scored as The High Priestess

Divinatory Meaning: Be guided by your intuition. Reverse Meaning: Superstitious. Deluded. You feel energy around you…everywhere. You are aware of things that others are not. You listen more to your inner voice or feelings than most people. Concentrate your efforts on this gift. It is a talent that will develop as you focus on it.

The High Priestess: 92%

The Tower: 83%

The Lovers: 83%

The Moon: 83%

Strength: 75%

The Star: 67%

The Empress: 67%

The Hermit: 58%

Death: 50%

The Devil: 50%

The Hanging Dragon The Hanged Man: 50%

Justice: 42%