• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

@Floki aww

Hue so~~rry. Im too fond of this name actually.

Well, maybe two (three at absolute maximum). Then again, I wash stuff like forks immediately and don't use my dishes very often to begin with?

Im one of those mooks who can never leave dishes sitting on the counter. MUST. PUT. IN. DISHWASHER. Or handwash. But i use a lot of dishes.

Anyway bedtime for this bonzo. God natt!

*~Wrrrryyy~*

English is the worst

If I didn't have to learn it I wouldn't have

I don't think any language is all that good. I mean. Think about it.

@Sangyul ahh ok. as long as no flies/cockroaches eh

Ew, no, yeah, if that happened I'd be flipping out XD

I have no idea, but it let's me play Japanese, Chinese, and Korean games.

It sets your computer specs or something to said language so it can recognize the game to be played. Or something like that.

ah ok

I have passable(Italian) to pretty fucking good(Chinese) knowledge of 4 languages and English is hands down the most ridiculous out of them

Chinese? Grammar super simple, counters are kind of a fuck you for non-natives I guess but tbh the characters aren't that bad bitch pls I read classics when I was SEVEN it's not that hard Literature is my worst subject

Latin? A bit complex, but highly regular and well-structured. Also you pronounce everything the way it's written, it's beautiful, also you don't even need to care about sentence structure at all because everything's handled by declensions I love Latin

Italian? Kinda works off Latin, simplifies down Latin's 3 genders into 2. Granted, me knowing Latin made conjugation piss easy. Articles are hard to keep track of, though. The pronunciation's also pretty straightforward.

English? Hahaha a clusterfuck of irregularities and how do you pronounce anything right without living in an immersive environment goddamn

Latin is honestly a great language and I'm sad that it's fallen out of use

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm more worried about the tones tbh.(Mandarin Chinese). And memorizing all those characters even if they are simplified. I hear traditional Chinese has over 10000 characters!

I wonder how silly Spanish is compared to those.

I'm more worried about the tones tbh.(Mandarin Chinese). And memorizing all those characters even if they are simplified. I hear traditional Chinese has over 10000 characters!

also this

Then again you generally only have to know so many. but

the fuck's applocale

When you want to use a japanese program on a US or localised (Europe) Windows XP, you need to set your "system locale" to japanese and reboot your system in order for Windows to display the program properly. This is not very convenient and furthermore can cause problems with other programs (because of their installation path) and add the visual inconvenience of the infamous Yen "slash".

AppLocale basically allows you to tell programs "no dudes, you're not on a western system, you're on a japanese one, so display proper japanese language please!"

AppLocale tells your system to act as if it were Japanese, only for the programs of your choice, while no changes are done to your "system locale" and no reboot are needed, on the fly!!

IMPORTANT : AppLocale only works on Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server.

source : http://alcahest.perso.sfr.fr/perso/apploc/applocale.html

Ah ok thank

The tones aren't terrible once you get used to them, better than having practically no consistency

I know...at least 7k? I'm fluent in both traditional and simplified and I can read Romance of the Three Kingdoms since age 7 so I'd imagine I'd know more characters now

No way do I know every character but hell most of those aren't even used anyway

Edited by Thor Odinson

In what sense? Could be sillier, could not be...

On the other hand, I may not be the best candidate to answer that. Not really that good of a judge, and Spanish being my native tongue I can't say I find it any troublesome or anything of the sort...

In what sense? Could be sillier, could not be...

Maybe all of the male and female wording thing. goddamn Can't even remember the word to describe it.

Doesn't Cantonese have like 9 tones?

don't know

i only speak mandarin

but really if you learn one of simplified or traditional it's not that hard to learn the other one stemming off

I was taught simplified in school because >mainland

but I taught myself traditional out of a dictionary that had both

Maybe all of the male and female wording thing. goddamn Can't even remember the word to describe it.

yeah ngl that's a little silly and probably my only complaint about Latin

don't blame Spanish for it, simplifying it down to M/F from M/F/N is already nicer though not having it at all would be nicest

Edited by Thor Odinson

I for some reason can't stop laughing right now.

Hopefully mandarin will be useful for economic reasons and such.

Edited by DO NOT EDIT POSTS GUY

Oh, that. I suppose. Yeah, to an outsider, it does may look silly that we, for example, even have "It" with a male and female divide. So much for gender neutral, hahahaha. Ah well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh, that. I suppose. Yeah, to an outsider, it does may look silly that we, for example, even have "It" with a male and female divide. So much for gender neutral, hahahaha. Ah well...

Well I grew up speaking both English and Spanish. And I honestly can't recall what I learned first. It's weird.

Well, I also grew up with both languages. Learned Spanish faster, but other than that, nothing noteworthy with either.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I had to claw my way up English

it was hard

I'm usually good at languages but English took 2 years with immersion at an age where language should come easily

because English is hard

Meanwhile breezing through italian rn

's probably why i hate english so much

it's my non-native language that I had no choice in learning it

Latin was at least an option among some others

Italian is 100% my choice

Edited by Thor Odinson