• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

it's okay neal

you didn't really want to watch it anyway

I didn't really before.

But now I do. :<

I want to see what happens to the Alliance and the Empire.

There is important stuff going on.

And I must watch it.

I just... can't watch it all before Sunday night. ;n;

I started about a week ago was it? Im on episode 17 i think. I kinda have to plan when to watch though. I might have time tomorrow to watch, at least im planning on it.

Anyone else giggle in how they say Kircheis' name? I just...lol.

In the words of Reinhard..."Siegfried. It's a common name, isn't it? But Kiruchais is a good family name, isn't it? It gives a very crisp impression. Yes. It's like a wind that blows through the highlands. From now on, I'll call you Kiruchais.

KIRUHIAIS

loooool

In the words of Reinhard..."Siegfried. It's a common name, isn't it? But Kiruchais is a good family name, isn't it? It gives a very crisp impression. Yes. It's like a wind that blows through the highlands. From now on, I'll call you Kiruchais.

Ahahahahah.

(pretty sure its supposed to be pronounced something like Kir-sheiss. Silly Japanese)

isn't logh based off a (series of) novel(s)?

i think so.

are the novels translated

The Legend of Galactic Heroes and Legend of Galactic Heroes Gaiden OVAs are based on a series of novels and short stories written by Tanaka Yoshiki from 1988 to 2000. Cover art and spacecraft design were handled by Katou Naoyuki. The novels have been published in Japanese and Chinese, but at present there is no indication of an English-language publisher picking up the series.

This category contains an unofficial English translation of the first book, which was originally translated from Chinese to English by Peter Tan, and was edited by Jeremy Naidus. It also contains an unofficial English translation of a Gaidan (side story) novel The Chronicle of the Battle of Dagon, translated by Iracundus.

There is an ongoing fan project to translate the original novels into English by Tracy Chu, which can be found at http://legendofgalacticheroes.blogspot.com.

Edited by Balcerzak

I'm also frankly puzzled how she consumes manga faster. Manga takes me ages longer to go through.

Well, anime takes ~20 minutes every episode, no matter how fast you are, while you can theoretically go through more content in the same timespan it takes to watch several episodes if you're reading manga.

Another LoGH history lesson! \o/ From like a thousand years before the main story.

[spoiler=not spoilers]This history lesson, telling of the many coverups that have occurred, is making me wonder how they found the "truth". (Quick example: number of casualties is presented to us as 900,000+ whereas the 'cover up' said 20,000) If it was covered up how did they find out? Discovered some super-secret documents from someone who actually knew? How would they know THAT is the truth? Then again, how do I know this history lesson is "truth"? Am I just accepting it because it's a narrative episode? ...Maybe that is precisely why I should just accept it, instead of thinking "Hey, Julian and Poplan are listening to this, too..."

>_>; I'm not sure if I'm being reasonable or not...

PS: People are disgusting creatures. ...Sometimes.

Manga takes me ages longer to go through.

Same here. I thought I was just a slow reader. Though I still might be.

I'm pretty fast in English already which is not even a language I'm that comfortable reading in at higher levels (thankfully not a problem in manga generally)

I'm really ridiculous in Chinese

Like if you think I'm fast in English imagine that 3x as fast and you get me in Chinese

I take far too long to figure out just how a manga reads cuz my brain gets confused with conventional comics sometimes. Then, when my brain registers manga progression, i have to do without sound effects cuz i cant read the existing kana. (so, my brain will process my own imagination's sound effects.) Then...im processing what a character sounds like. Then i have to process just what is happening in a given panel. (JoJo can get a little weird about that cuz fight scenes get all cray)

So yeah, it does take me longer to get through manga cuz of all the processes my brain actually does when reading it. But once i get going, i can get through it relatively quickly. (for the most part.)

Another LoGH history lesson! \o/ From like a thousand years before the main story.

[spoiler=not spoilers]This history lesson, telling of the many coverups that have occurred, is making me wonder how they found the "truth". (Quick example: number of casualties is presented to us as 900,000+ whereas the 'cover up' said 20,000) If it was covered up how did they find out? Discovered some super-secret documents from someone who actually knew? How would they know THAT is the truth? Then again, how do I know this history lesson is "truth"? Am I just accepting it because it's a narrative episode? ...Maybe that is precisely why I should just accept it, instead of thinking "Hey, Julian and Poplan are listening to this, too..."

>_>; I'm not sure if I'm being reasonable or not...

PS: People are disgusting creatures. ...Sometimes.

I love the documentary episodes.

Well, if you think about it, there are such discrepancies in real life history too. Lots of them. We just have to accept the most likely sources as the "truth", I suppose, and move on.

And yes, yes they are. Sometimes. But sometimes they are the most wonderful creatures, like Yang Wen-li.

But uh... poor Neal? *runs off after being consumed*

:(

[spoiler=Irrelevant]

I found out how to play Korean Kiseki (or any PC game, for that matter) on the go.

It's sort of a long, complicated process, but whatever.

What you need: Android-running smartphone/tablet (rooted), Dualshock 3 Gamepad, Windows PC, Sixaxis Pairing Tool (app), Splashtop Streamer (app on both Windows and Android), and Internet access.

So this is what I did.

I was thinking about how I can easily play Kiseki on the go, and the only feasible option was streaming my computer to my phone. I found out there was an app for that (Splashtop), and promptly downloaded it on both my computer and phone.

Now that I could see my computer from my smartphone... the next question was controls.

Most PC games have an option to use the keyboard as its controller. I found out the games keyboard controls and mapped the keys to the buttons on my Dualshock 3 using Sixaxis Pairing Tool ($2.50 on Play Store). Surprisingly (and rather conveniently), Sixaxis Pairing Tool also allowed the gamepad to function as a mouse, so that just made things easier. It's a normal gamepad for certain apps - notably emulators such as PPSSPP, snes9+, nds4droid, and My Boy! GBA - and the likes.

Also, the streaming computer must not sleep, as sleeping would cut off the connection, which is important if you're trying to play outside the house. Changing your computer's settings easily fixes that, however.

So yeah.

I did something cool.

Latency is minimal, and as long as you have decent Internet, it streams smoothly.

Edited by Fruity Insanity