• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there a hell of a lot more to being a localizer (professional, anyways) than just knowing Japanese anyways?

Yes. Yes there is. One must study a number of things. (like culture and social constructs i believe)

Adelie penguins will make you wish you were dead.

Ein knows.

Isn't there a hell of a lot more to being a localizer (professional, anyways) than just knowing Japanese anyways?

What Loki said, I assume.

Yes. Yes there is. One must study a number of things. (like culture and social constructs i believe)

But that's what I'd go to Japan for! :D

Live there for a couple of years, improve the language and learn the culture (which shouldn't be TOO hard, since Japanese and Korean cultures bear quite a few similarities from what I can tell).

But I don't see what else there is besides coding, culture, and language.

Connections and consistency, I guess, but that's not just for localizing. Those are good for working, period.

What Loki said, I assume.

But that's what I'd go to Japan for! :D

Live there for a couple of years, improve the language and learn the culture (which shouldn't be TOO hard, since Japanese and Korean cultures bear quite a few similarities from what I can tell).

But I don't see what else there is besides coding, culture, and language.

Connections and consistency, I guess, but that's not just for localizing. Those are good for working, period.

Its not just Japanese culture, mang. Like, you'd have to learn a metric fuck ton of pop culture from all over the place. Not just American, but European as well. Localization is actually much broader than so many think. Of course, this is the huge benefit of having teams of localizers. Putting heads together to make two different worlds collide and make sense. If you wanna do it, go for it. Its gonna be work tho.

The Old Ones have not witnessed true malice.

Tekeli-li!

I dunno. Pop culture seems more like a "bonus." Like, if you know it and can make use of it, great, but if you can still translate fine with references and sources, you're good to go.

eat your hamburgers, apollo.

Flareohr more like Firecrotcheohr

What the dickens.
Edited by Roxas

Flareohr more like Firecrotcheohr

Cor blimey!

I dunno. Pop culture seems more like a "bonus." Like, if you know it and can make use of it, great, but if you can still translate fine with references and sources, you're good to go.

Broaden your horizons at any rate.

What the dickens.

wh-wh-what

Integrity may have something to do with that.

probably

Cor blimey!

It's okay I hardly ever backread/click and or fully watch posted videos either~!

Though... I used to always backread but then I just got busier lately

It's okay I hardly ever backread/click and or fully watch posted videos either~!

Though... I used to always backread but then I just got busier lately

I mean what.