FE4 THREAD

Fia

1 minute ago, Futaba said:

that's YOUR preference. I'm saying it shouldn't be a selling point for modern consoles. and if Switch isn't backward compatible, i doubt companies will keep it up anyway. Also, if it should be a selling point, I wonder why PS4 still has loads of revenue.

I don't care much about it anyway, it's not like I have a better opinion on Switch either. But I have some very fond memories of my childhood with N64, and that no one can take it away from me. I have tried every console from Sony so far. They didn't win me over...so yeah, I am not saying my opinions are not biased. But then again most opinions will be biased on this matter.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

eh opinions are all biased imo, that's why they're opinions. I'm being biased too. I have more favourable experiences with Sony but that's not to say I didn't with Nintendo, just not as much... because I'm a jrpg maniac lol.

Playing games for different systems on one console means saving money for a (new) console.

because i don't want to have a bunch of different machines just to play older games lol

being able to sell old hardware when you get new one is also a plus

this is why pc is the best, everything is bc, and when you get new hardware all your games get better

basically this

Also how is Switch dumb?
I mean I haven't heared much of it yet, but you can use it as handheld and stationary console, so it's sth, right?
However I haven't heared of any interesting games for it yet.

eh opinions are all biased imo, that's why they're opinions. I'm being biased too. I have more favourable experiences with Sony but that's not to say I didn't with Nintendo, just not as much... because I'm a jrpg maniac lol.

Well JRPGs are indeed a thing of PS at this point, so it's understandable. My problem in general is that I just don't find the same excitement in playing videogames like back then...;_;

Well JRPGs are indeed a thing of PS at this point, so it's understandable. My problem in general is that I just don't find the same excitement in playing videogames like back then...;_;

2 minutes ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

However I haven't heared of any interesting games for it yet.

Because there aren't any...for now at least I hope...

i've heard all sorts of issues with the switch like power or battery issues. hey Switch is a modern console too.

also you think the consoles companies care about you saving money? THEY want money, yo. I understand what all of you are saying but do you guys even understand I'm just saying backwards compatibility shouldn't be a selling point? Yes, it's going to be cheaper than buying a new console when you can sell the old one, but that won't help the companies. I'm not saying that's wrong either, but that's how business work. Besides, it's about playing new games on new resolutions, etc. But I'm not one to talk about that because I've played Persona 5 for god knows how many times so I know how it is to replay an "old" game.

ALL the companies care about is making money. No backwards compatibility is still inviting lots of revenue anyway.

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I understand that. But all companies are pretty bad anyway.

I have to say I am a stingy videogamer.
I never buy a console or games on day of release (Tales of Zestiria, Berseria and Echoes were the only exceptions), but wait for a few months till their price is dropped.
Same goes for consoles.
I bought my PS3 far after the 4 had been released and now I benefit from lots of great VGs for a low price.
Same I will do with the PS4.

2 minutes ago, Futaba said:

i've heard all sorts of issues with the switch like power or battery issues. hey Switch is a modern console too.

also you think the consoles companies care about you saving money? THEY want money, yo. I understand what all of you are saying but do you guys even understand I'm just saying backwards compatibility shouldn't be a selling point? Yes, it's going to be cheaper than buying a new console when you can sell the old one, but that won't help the companies. I'm not saying that's wrong either, but that's how business work. Besides, it's about playing new games on new resolutions, etc. But I'm not one to talk about that because I've played Persona 5 for god knows how many times so I know how it is to replay an "old" game.

ALL the companies care about is making money. No backwards compatibility is still inviting lots of revenue anyway.

I understand that. But all companies are pretty bad anyway.

You have a point there, yes. Nintendo just wanted to earn money by making a good impression with Switch and that they did. But apart from that of course only one game to keep the fanbase waiting, and of course for the first time, no backwards compatibility. And still why to have a hybrid handheld, when you have a 3ds? A home console is a home console, end of discussion. 

That's all still individual. I can't say I didn't get the PS4 on release either, though maybe it wasn't too long after. I actually got it before I even had any games for it lol... I even sold my PS3 because I know I won't be playing anything on it now that I got games on PS4 that are better IMO.

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

You have a point there, yes. Nintendo just wanted to earn money by making a good impression with Switch and that they did. But apart from that of course only one game to keep the fanbase waiting, and of course for the first time, no backwards compatibility. And still why to have a hybrid handheld, when you have a 3ds? A home console is a home console, end of discussion. 

well all of them just wanna make money really. no one can/should deny it. though Nintendo also wanted a comeback? from the Wii U. I wonder how Nintendo will fare without the backwards compatibility though. Like I'm really curious haha. maybe they're trying to bury the 3DS which is unfortunate. :( i only get Nintendo stuff for FE so getting a Switch for FE is too much for me.

That's all still individual. I can't say I didn't get the PS4 on release either, though maybe it wasn't too long after. I actually got it before I even had any games for it lol... I even sold my PS3 because I know I won't be playing anything on it now that I got games on PS4 that are better IMO.

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

well all of them just wanna make money really. no one can/should deny it. though Nintendo also wanted a comeback? from the Wii U. I wonder how Nintendo will fare without the backwards compatibility though. Like I'm really curious haha. maybe they're trying to bury the 3DS which is unfortunate. :( i only get Nintendo stuff for FE so getting a Switch for FE is too much for me.

It will be unfortunate indeed. Well I would say don't buy it even just for FE, unless there are about a handful of games that are going to be released and interest you. But you know that even if I don't say it :p

Well I would say don't buy it even just for FE

FE13 was the main reason to buy the 3DS; got the Fates Edition.
Probably the biggest mistake of all time. (the game, not the console)
But now I'd not buy a new Nintendo console just for FE either because of the lack on other good games.
Only still own a Wii because of FE10.

Edited by アリサ ラインフォルト

2 minutes ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

FE13 was the main reason to buy the 3DS; got the Fates Edition.
Probably the biggest mistake of all time. (the game, not the console)
But now I'd not buy a new Nintendo console just for FE either because of the lack on other good games.
Only still own a Wii because of FE10.

You know how it is

*pats*

I like Nintendo & Sony pretty equally, they both produce excellent games despite not having the best actual company policies.

I just get annoyed when people are overt fanboys for one or the other or Microsoft stuff, because its like, they all have good qualities, yet everyone has to always complain about everything. (Granted some complaints are like logical but I digress).

Every gaming company has something worthwhile to someone.

i like both too though more on sony but it's meaningless for me to get into microsoft consoles because sony 

Microsoft already takes my money on PCs/laptops :v

Stationary consoles by Nintendo are too childish for me now.
I don't play platformers or party games nowadays anymore and I'm focussed on JRPGs.
FE is the only interesting series by Nintendo.
Xenoblade interested me too, but I never could find a copy of Chronicles for the Wii for an acceptable price.
However the GBA and (3)DS have quite a lot of great JRPGs.

jesus christ, it's hard to believe how grindy platinum stars gets
it's like a full price freemium game

5 hours ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

Stationary consoles by Nintendo are too childish for me now.
I don't play platformers or party games nowadays anymore and I'm focussed on JRPGs.
FE is the only interesting series by Nintendo.
Xenoblade interested me too, but I never could find a copy of Chronicles for the Wii for an acceptable price.
However the GBA and (3)DS have quite a lot of great JRPGs.

fe and xenoblade were literally the only wii games that interested me
luckily i was able to emulate them (and funnily enough, only xenoblade's was flawless)