Phoenix Wright

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disaster movies always target the Americans, and the French. For Americans, New York always disappears under a tidal wave, gets ramed by a meteor shower, or just becomes devoid of life. France just loses their Eiffel Tower, it happens every single time. If something bad happens in Paris, you can bet the Eiffel Tower is coming down. Even video games get the hint. Look at the cover of EndWar. How long do you think the Eiffel Tower will last in that battle?

If I find a girl to see it with, I MIGHT. If not, then probably not.

• 2 weeks later...

The number of times I have sat through bad movies for the sake of a girl is impossible for the human mind to fathom.

AKA 0.

The number of times I have sat through bad movies for the sake of a girl is impossible for the human mind to fathom.

AKA 0.

Haha, really? Just because I belong to an online forum doesn't mean I'm lacking female companionship. Nice try though.

Every guy on Earth would be in a theater watching an apocolypce movie with a woman right now if they were desperate enough.

Getting a girlfriend isn't really that hard, the issue is some of us have higher standards... A.K.A.... shallow... B)

Edited by Phoenix

• 1 month later...

i saw the preview when i went to see zombieland.

i must admit, seeing everything fall over and the ground shaking and breaking is pretty damn cool. But the 2012 end-of-the-world theories make me want to punch babies, and i fear the movie will be beyond stupid (because, really, what can you expect from it?)

no, i won't be seeing it.

I agree with Robin. They're probably gonna add a "deep" story to try to send a message to us, which is just going to take away from the only interesting aspect of the movie: DESTRUCTION. Trying to make 2012 about something more than that will just make it corny.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently read an article where 2012 isn't really meant as an end of the world. Rather, it's more like "anniversary of the creation of the world" according to the article. In fact, if you were in a Mayan speaking community, and you mentioned about 2012 being the end of the world, they wouldn't what the hell you were talking about. If you were to keep that in mind constantly, that would kinda ruin the movie 2012.

Sorry if you already knew about this but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I recently read an article where 2012 isn't really meant as an end of the world. Rather, it's more like "anniversary of the creation of the world" according to the article. In fact, if you were in a Mayan speaking community, and you mentioned about 2012 being the end of the world, they wouldn't what the hell you were talking about. If you were to keep that in mind constantly, that would kinda ruin the movie 2012.

I did not know that. But how would they know the year the earth was created? Especially since we don't have time pinned down perfectly for normal yearly cycles anyway :mellow:

I did not know that. But how would they know the year the earth was created? Especially since we don't have time pinned down perfectly for normal yearly cycles anyway :mellow:

It's according to them.

FF: The Mayan calendar is more accurate than our standard calendar. :D

I can imagine someone yelling that out while watching the movie.

Eh, it looks okay. Ish.

I don't see why London hosting the Olympics has to do with the end of the world, though. Maybe Usain Bolt will finally become the Flash and kill us all?

Edited by Allan's Aokage

It's done by the guy who did The Day After Tomorrow and concerns a ridiculous apocalpyse theory. Not interested.

That.

The movie is too much sci-fi & exagerated.