The official Claim a Character thread

Kriemhild

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can still claim Ashunera. There's no rules against that.

Erk's been claimed before though, I think.

Also, I claim Dew (Luminothe claimed him but he's banned).

Leave him alone! That's really unnecessary.

No, asking just creates more posts that will show up in the "Search Topic". By not making useless posts (Yes, they are useless) you make it easier for everyone else.

The Search Topic thing doesn't always work, I've said that before, you really need to stop pushing it.

What if someone claimed a character a slightly different way? (I.e. "Ash from Pokemon" vs. "Ash Ketchum") Someone might search for one thing and not end up with anything, then conclude that they're not claimed, but they really are. There's no such problem with asking.

The Search Topic thing doesn't always work, I've said that before, you really need to stop pushing it.

What if someone claimed a character a slightly different way? (I.e. "Ash from Pokemon" vs. "Ash Ketchum") Someone might search for one thing and not end up with anything, then conclude that they're not claimed, but they really are. There's no such problem with asking.

They can go all the pages of the thread and press CTRL + F to see if someone claimed a certain character. Not that hard at all.

They can go all the pages of the thread and press CTRL + F to see if someone claimed a certain character. Not that hard at all.

Wut, if I'm not misunderstanding, you're saying to CTRL + F EVERY SINGLE PAGE

That would be VERY tedious!

Again with this? I just searched Orihime and found that she was claimed (1 other result), he could've done the same thing but clearly he didn't so your defense is misplaced and not helpful at all... it's closer to being counterproductive than helpful really.

If it's a character that you can't search with the function, that's fine but this is not the case for Orihime. Btw your examples are terrible since searching "Ketchum" or "Pokemon" would still be better than just asking first.

Edited by Speedwagon

I know it's a bad example, I admit it, I just couldn't think of anything better.

My point is, you could search for something like the various people constantly beg for, turn up nothing, claim the character, and have someone really pissed because you claimed someone they already did.

You don't want that, do you?

I know it's a bad example, I admit it, I just couldn't think of anything better.

My point is, you could search for something like the various people constantly beg for, turn up nothing, claim the character, and have someone really pissed because you claimed someone they already did.

You don't want that, do you?

You admit it. Good.

You should worry about such... why? If you did the search and claimed the character because you've found nothing, then you've done nothing wrong. Mistakes can happen when searching sure and that's why you should double check to be certain but worrying about the search not turning up what you're looking for because the limit is 200 results or the slim possibility of someone with poor self-control getting pissed over that is just pointless.

Wouldn't care, though if something like that happens I'd be more inclined to laugh than worry. Any flames from out of that would just be reported. You lose nothing and the person that got pissed just made a fool of him/herself.

*headdesk*

Unless it's phrased really weirdly, the search function almost always works. It only fails if they misspelled it or there's over 200 mentions of the name, which is highly unlikely.

I'd like to share Norne if you're willing to, ESR.

It works often enough and corrections can be made if it happens to be claimed. It results in less posts than asking about EVERYTHING.

How about we just search "Ash"?

Can you think of a better way?

No? Then stop crying and use my suggestion instead, since you bitch about the SF Search function.

Yes I can, asking about it.

And even if you prefer searching, there's no need to jump down peoples' throats when they ask.

Yes I can, asking about it.

And even if you prefer searching, there's no need to jump down peoples' throats when they ask.

Ok. :facepalm: IF YOU ASK THE PERSON RESPONDING WILL BE MOST LIKELY USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION. Don't you get it yet? It only goes to show the asker is lazy and doesn't deserve to get the claim they made.

I have already searched...

I now also claim Karakuri, Chachamaru (絡繰 茶々丸) from "Mahou Sensei Negima!"

Chachamaru2.jpg

I keep thinking of her as a Chii-Nini combo

Edited by shadowofchaos