So, was this game as "they" said?

I have never played Radiant Dawn or seen any part of it. (yes and I call myself a fan. Objections all around, I know)

Anyway, I heard this game was unforgivably difficult (particularly for new people), and the story was laughable. Is this true?

Mind you, I just want to know what it is and isn't. It won't change anything, like my opinion, for example, in the end.

Anyway, I heard this game was unforgivably difficult (particularly for new people), and the story was laughable. Is this true?

It's not THAT hard. It's a little more difficult but that's all. If you're worried play Easy Mode.

The story isn't at all laughable. It has MANY plot twists that keep it going.

Hard Mode is a decent challenge, I guess. Not H5, or anything.

Also, the story isn't terrible. Better than most FE stories. (Now, if only we had something on par with FE4's story...)

Hard Mode is a decent challenge, I guess. Not H5, or anything.

Also, the story isn't terrible. Better than most FE stories. (Now, if only we had something on par with FE4's story...)

I've never tried Hard Mode. How bad is it? I had minor trouble on Normal but only like once or twice and that was a while ago.

FE4's story was great. It's way better than Shadow Dragon's story at least.

I've never tried Hard Mode. How bad is it? I had minor trouble on Normal but only like once or twice and that was a while ago.

Not bad. No WT, less BEXP, etc.

FE4's story was great. It's way better than Shadow Dragon's story at least.

Did I say otherwise?

I don't know why everyone says this game is difficult, because I find this game to be much, much easier than Path of Radiance (and Sacred Stones, since I'm stuck on Ch.4), even on the Easy difficulty (which I admit, I only play on).

*waits for someone to make fun of me*

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Well, if there's anything that makes HM hard, I would say it's the lack of viewable movement ranges. Sometimes I just get tired of double-counting everything just to make sure no one is in range of someone. ._.

I don't know why everyone says this game is difficult, because I find this game to be much, much easier than Path of Radiance (and Sacred Stones, since I'm stuck on Ch.4), even on the Easy difficulty (which I admit, I only play on).

*waits for someone to make fun of me*

Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance are harder than RD...

I'm sorry, what?

Edited by Fireman

PoR is more easy (IMO) because Ike can solo the game.

He can do that in RD.

Heck, it might be easier to do in RD as there's no chapter 17.3 and 17.4.

Anyway, RD's only hard the first time you play it, after that, everything save hard mode becomes kinda easy.

Even though I have yet to play the game (FE5) myself, but what I have to say here is that if the people think that RD is hard, then they would think Thracia 776 is downright impossible to beat. The reason why I say this is because Thracia 776 is considered to be the hardest FE game ever made. Me? I'd say RD is hard in hard mode, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's Thracia 776 hard. Edited by Little Al

Rd is way harder than PoR. The normal mode is good and hard mode is a great challenge. I have never played in easy mode though so i can't say anything about it.

Even though I have yet to play the game (FE5) myself, but what I have to say here is that if the people think that RD is hard, then they would think Thracia 776 is downright impossible to beat. The reason why I say this is because Thracia 776 is considered to be the hardest FE game ever made. Me? I'd say RD is hard in hard mode, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's Thracia 776 hard.

Thracia has parts where it's hard (Chapter 22, I'm looking at you), but the main reason why it's hard is that it's not even finished. The RNG is fucked up, fatigue is lol, and you get no money throughout the course of the game, meaning to have to capture enemies in order to get money and weapons, and everything is so damn expensive.

The most genuinely hard game in the series is Shadow Dragon on H5, not Thracia, I would say.

He can do that in RD.

Ike can only solo the chapters in which he is available. Granted, that is 11 out of 15 chapters in Part III and 7 out of 11 chapters in Part IV, but nothing in Parts I and II.

Edited by Paper Jam

Thracia has parts where it's hard (Chapter 22, I'm looking at you), but the main reason why it's hard is that it's not even finished. The RNG is fucked up, fatigue is lol, and you get no money throughout the course of the game, meaning to have to capture enemies in order to get money and weapons, and everything is so damn expensive.

Come on, you can't possibly attribute every new mechanic in FE5 to it being "unfinished" and assumed that in the "finished" product, they would all have been removed.

The RNG isn't fucked up either; I don't know how you came to that conclusion when the RNG works the same as it does in 4 other FE games. Capturing and no money were designed to balance each other out for a fresh approach on funding.

Keep in mind that most people who say that this game is difficult don't know that JP hard= US/PAL normal.

The story sounds pretty awesome on paper but the execution is pretty meh.

My biggest gripe with the game is that it throws so much superficial stuff at you that you feel like 80% of the game feels like filler.

Come on, you can't possibly attribute every new mechanic in FE5 to it being "unfinished" and assumed that in the "finished" product, they would all have been removed.

When did I ever say that?

The RNG isn't fucked up either; I don't know how you came to that conclusion when the RNG works the same as it does in 4 other FE games. Capturing and no money were designed to balance each other out for a fresh approach on funding.

Fucked up was bad wording on my part. It's just the 1-RN system doesn't work that well. That's all.

I realize that was done on purpose, but that doesn't mean it was done well. Forcing you to lower your offensive parameters and hope that you hit just to obtain new weapons is pretty bad.

Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance are harder than RD...

I'm sorry, what?

I've never had to restart a chapter whilst playing RD. In PoR, I've had to restart some chapters multiple times (for example it took me six attempts to do chapter 19 without Mist/Ulki/Reyson/any crows dying). And as for SS, the only decent unit I appear to have at the moment is Seth (and he's the Jeigan character, for goodness sake).

I've never had to restart a chapter whilst playing RD. In PoR, I've had to restart some chapters multiple times (for example it took me six attempts to do chapter 19 without Mist/Ulki/Reyson/any crows dying). And as for SS, the only decent unit I appear to have at the moment is Seth (and he's the Jeigan character, for goodness sake).

What mode was this?

As for Seth, Jeigan or not, he's still the best character in the game. :3

I believe that I said earlier that it was Easy Mode. :rolleyes: Anyway, after playing RD on easy, followed by PoR on easy, I have come to the conclusion that in my mind, PoR is harder than RD.

For example, the dragon enemies in PoR, are so much tougher to beat (mainly due to the dragons in RD having crappy accuracy, despite them having a bigger attack range). The only thing that is easier in PoR is the final boss, despite Ike being the only one who can damage him (and yes, I do know what Ashnard does on Hard mode).