Why no Indoor lance users in Thracia 776

I'm honestly curious what the point is. Late-game melee units are mostly swords and axes anyway, right? So sword vs. sword is a wash, except Othin will kill everybody with his axes anyway (and has swords too, at this point).

I guess someone ought to use the Master Lances, but I'm really not sure there's much point.

Just a question: why would anyone want Dalshein or Xavier to use lances? They already have nice axe levels, so having them resort to lances seems like a downgrade to me. =\ And the weapon triangle doesn't mean dick in this game, so that wouldn't be much of a reason.

On a slightly unrelated note, did anyone else notice that the unused Master Knight classes can use everything except light and dark magic while mounted but are limited to swords while dismounted? Ouch.

Dean? He dismounts.

No shit.

I was answering to the question that what lances would you like to use indoors.Ahh, if Dean could just use them while dismounted...

On a slightly unrelated note, did anyone else notice that the unused Master Knight classes can use everything except light and dark magic while mounted but are limited to swords while dismounted? Ouch.

That's the way unused classes work.

It's to gimp the overpowered lance users(Hello Finn); it's like an extra "penalty" for the mounted users that specialize in lances.

If it's that important you can buff up Dalshein(lol) and Xavier's weapon specialities.

Edited by Eaichu

It was probably worse in TearRing Saga since there were at least two lances worth using in endgame (both had 1~2 range, one saps HP and the other has the Brave effect [with 74 uses as well o__o]).

No shit.

Try this then.

2u79jcw.jpg

I was answering to the question that what lances would you like to use indoors.Ahh, if Dean could just use them while dismounted...

In that case, having Fin mounted indoors would be nice.

Edited by Kempf

It was probably worse in TearRing Saga since there were at least two lances worth using in endgame (both had 1~2 range, one saps HP and the other has the Brave effect [with 74 uses as well o__o]).

But at least in TRS we had the Commando Knights (Raffin, if you don't promote him, and Arkis and Kreiss, if you promote them) who could use lances even dismounted.

I guess this lance issue is one of those things that exist in Thracia just to make it harder. (AKA things that they overlooked and we believe were all intentional)

But at least in TRS we had the Commando Knights (Raffin, if you don't promote him, and Arkis and Kreiss, if you promote them) who could use lances even dismounted.

I guess this lance issue is one of those things that exist in Thracia just to make it harder. (AKA things that they overlooked and we believe were all intentional)

It had to have been intentional. After all, FE3 had it as well, so the creators must have noticed the issue by then, and made a conscience decision not to change it.

They also had spear knights and their promoted form sergeants. I hear Lionel was very useful.

It had to have been intentional. After all, FE3 had it as well, so the creators must have noticed the issue by then, and made a conscience decision not to change it.

FE3 had Lance using armor knights and both books had one that was very useful(Dolph and Sheema). FE5 only had axe armors and Xavier and Dalshin aren't that good either.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Dolph is useful, but I question your claim of Sheema being good.

Not like it really mattered though, FE3 had no weapon triangle, so swordies are getting full Mt out of their swords indoors against either lolsoldiers or Armors in a game where Armor Slayers were plentiful. The only real reason to train an armor for indoor lance use was for Gradius.

Looking at calculations, FE5 has a whopping +-5 acc bonus for weapon triangle and no mt bonus it looks like, so locked to swords probably isn't a big deal outside of not having any ranged options outside of magic swords.

Only issue I see with being stuck to Swords while unmounted is the fact that it is the least common weapon type wielded by enemies so you have to sell most Lances you get from captures and buy Iron Swords, which should suffice for people with decent STR and PCC.

Looking at calculations, FE5 has a whopping +-5 acc bonus for weapon triangle and no mt bonus it looks like, so locked to swords probably isn't a big deal outside of not having any ranged options outside of magic swords.

The unit might not have a good sword rank either.

The unit might not have a good sword rank either.

And there's Lance knights liike Finn can't even normally use swords. I mean understand paladins losing the ability to use lances but Lance knights. Someone who trained their entire lives to use Lances and only lances should be able to use them dismounted. Same with axe knights.

And there's Lance knights liike Finn can't even normally use swords. I mean understand paladins losing the ability to use lances but Lance knights. Someone who trained their entire lives to use Lances and only lances should be able to use them dismounted. Same with axe knights.

Yeah but they mostly trained to use them on a horse. Granted that doesn't really explain why Dalshien is magically able to figure out every weapon type the instant he promotes...

Yeah but they mostly trained to use them on a horse. Granted that doesn't really explain why Dalshien is magically able to figure out every weapon type the instant he promotes...

It's not like he can use Silver/Killer/Master weapons right off that bat, though.