Haruhi Suzumiya

Raven

Major spoilers aside... this endless eight bullshit better lead to something extremely breathtaking and unimaginable or no one is gonna continue watching this sorry excuse for a 2nd season, that is IF people are still watching it. It's only worth watching the same episode over and over again barely because the name "Haruhi Suzumiya" is slapped on the cover. Kinda reminds me of a lot of movie sequels...

Edited by CGV

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this sorry excuse for a 2nd season

They took 3 years to get out a second season while tons of fans bitched and moaned about how much they wanted one and when the second season finally happens most of it is just the same episode over and over again. The fans bitched for a second season and they got what they wanted. And they're still bitching.

This is the greatest second season. The greatest to ever exist.

They took 3 years to get out a second season while tons of fans bitched and moaned about how much they wanted one and when the second season finally happens most of it is just the same episode over and over again. The fans bitched for a second season and they got what they wanted. And they're still bitching.

8]

This man speaks the truth.

I wouldn't say greatest, but most innovative way of producing it. I mean the whole series seems to be based around being different. Airing the episodes out of order, over complicating things, and now adding the the first season and playing the same episode over and over with small variations and making that the second season. Everything they've done with this anime seems to be a gutsy move to me.

I will say some fans are ungrateful plebs though.

Too soon. It should've been nine episodes.

They should have just kept repeating that episode past the fourteen episodes they said would make up the new season. They should just have NEVER stopped.

Note when that people wanted a second season, they didn't want the same episode eight times, which is an absurd claim on its face.

When your customers say "we will make you/give you money if you provide us with the desired product," the intelligent response is not to take three years and then deliver one episode eight times. It's funny, but it's retarded - bad business sense, and bad entertainment.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, because I just can't believe anyone is that stupid.

Note when that people wanted a second season, they didn't want the same episode eight times, which is an absurd claim on its face.

When your customers say "we will make you/give you money if you provide us with the desired product," the intelligent response is not to take three years and then deliver one episode eight times. It's funny, but it's retarded - bad business sense, and bad entertainment.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, because I just can't believe anyone is that stupid.

You do know they are releasing several DVDs of this, some of which will consist entirely of Endless Eight episodes, and they aren't even going to let you know which is which? They're just attaching arbitrary strings of numbers to each DVD. Kadokawa will continue to blow your fucking mind no matter what man.

You do know they are releasing several DVDs of this, some of which will consist entirely of Endless Eight episodes, and they aren't even going to let you know which is which? They're just attaching arbitrary strings of numbers to each DVD. Kadokawa will continue to blow your fucking mind no matter what man.

That almost seems fraudulent.

I was actually in Akihabara, Tokyo (nerd spooge zone, if you don't know) when they were airing the last episode of Endless Eight. No one in the crowd of people watching it was pissed, like I'd imagine true nerds to be. Maybe this is one giant fucking lost in translation from Japan to planet Earth.

I was actually in Akihabara, Tokyo (nerd spooge zone, if you don't know) when they were airing the last episode of Endless Eight. No one in the crowd of people watching it was pissed, like I'd imagine true nerds to be. Maybe this is one giant fucking lost in translation from Japan to planet Earth.

Well I would imagine that if someone WAS pissed they wouldn't be watching it in the first place. Those were probably the only true TMoHS fans

Perhaps it was the waifu crowd.

I'd go to 2chan and ask them to find out for real, but I don't speak moon scribbles and they don't let pig-disgusting foreigner dogs post, anyway.

At least you're not Chinese man.

"Go back to eating cats and Tibetans."

Anyone watched the newest episode yet? Looks like The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya is on the roll.

Don't forget to keep any novel spoilers to yourself, unless specifically pointed out. I don't want anyone spoiling anything for anyone.

I think the point they were making was to do something no one had done before. I mean that's what leaves a lasting impression. It's probably less an attempt to get people to say "WOW THIS IS GREAT!" and more of a way to get the series talked about, and it WORKED.

Much like the anime School Days, you remember it either because you love it, or because you hate it. Or you remember it because you laughed, because you didn't know what to think of it.

People remember School Days for 2 reasons:

1.) It's based on a h-sim notable for its incredible dick of a protagonist, and its wide library of violent BAD ENDs.

2.) Nice boat.

Point 1 is what most people would love, hate or lol about School Days. Point 2 is the awesome meme which came from it.

Edit: The meme didn't come directly from the anime, but I guess it's a result of the final episode's nature...

Edited by Raven

People remember School Days for 2 reasons:

1.) It's based on a h-sim notable for its incredible dick of a protagonist, and its wide library of violent BAD ENDs.

2.) Nice boat.

Point 1 is what most people would love, hate or lol about School Days. Point 2 is the awesome meme which came from it.

Edit: The meme didn't come directly from the anime, but I guess it's a result of the final episode's nature...

Rollin', rollin', rollin', keep those heads a rollin'.

I think the point they were making was to do something no one had done before. I mean that's what leaves a lasting impression. It's probably less an attempt to get people to say "WOW THIS IS GREAT!" and more of a way to get the series talked about, and it WORKED.

No, actually, the point we were trying to make is that that is fucking awesome.

For a company to wait 3 years to release a hugely demanded sequel, only to make more than half of it be the same thing repeated over and over again, it must have incredible disregard for its entire fan base. This is the best second season ever because of what it's done.