Haruhi Suzumiya

Raven

I had finished watching series 1 a long time ago, but now the old series 1 is being re-aired in a new order (presumably the correct one), along with new episodes mixed into it. So far, the list of episodes for series 2 (or 2009 version as some may call it) is as follows:

1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I

2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II

3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III

4. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV

5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V

6. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI

7. The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya

8. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody

9. Mysterique Sign

10. Lone Island Syndrome I

11. Lone Island Syndrome II

12. Endless Eight

13. Endless Eight

14. Endless Eight

15. Endless Eight

16. Endless Eight

17. Endless Eight

18. Endless Eight

19. Endless Eight

20. The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya I

21. The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya II

22. The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya III

23. The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya IV

24. The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya V

Episodes not in bold are re-aired episodes from series 1, while episodes in bold are new episodes that have not been aired before, considered to be series 2 episodes.

Speaking for myself, I found the latest episode of Endless Eight to be an annoyance, since it is exactly the same as the second Endless Eight, apart from the characters wearing different clothes, some slightly different camera angles, with a slight variation in script. Hopefully the next Endless Eight will advance it further.

Edited by Raven

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we already have this topic?

or did it get pwned in the time warp.. w.e lol.

I only watched Bamboo Rhapsody, since then, I've been pretty much obsessed with summer and Yakitate~ Japan.

Didn't we already have this topic?

or did it get pwned in the time warp.. w.e lol.

I only watched Bamboo Rhapsody, since then, I've been pretty much obsessed with summer and Yakitate~ Japan.

I advise you begin watching the Endless Eight episodes now, in case you go to watch them in one sitting and you find yourself falling asleep, or something.

On a separate note, I'll be keeping the list of episodes in the first post updated when a new episode is released, be it a re-airing or a new episode.

Edit: Yes, the old Suzumiya topic got wtfbbqpwn'd due to the time warp, as far as I'm aware.

Edited by Raven

The re airing is probably just going to throw in some of the stuff that they skipped over before, as the Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody WAS in the light novels and the mangas. (although the manga is not written by the creator)

I had finished watching series 1 a long time ago, but now the old series 1 is being re-aired in a new order (presumably the correct one), along with new episodes mixed into it. So far, the list of episodes for series 2 (or 2009 version as some may call it) is as follows:

1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I
  2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II
  3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III
  4. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
  5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V
  6. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI
  7. The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
  8. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
  9. Mysterique Sign
  10. Lone Island Syndrome I
  11. Lone Island Syndrome II
  12. Endless Eight
  13. Endless Eight
  14. Endless Eight

Episodes not in bold are re-aired episodes from series 1, while episodes in bold are new episodes that have not been aired before, considered to be series 2 episodes.

Speaking for myself, I found the latest episode of Endless Eight to be an annoyance, since it is exactly the same as the second Endless Eight, apart from the characters wearing different clothes, some slightly different camera angles, with a slight variation in script. Hopefully the next Endless Eight will advance it further.

Hahahaha no. Unless I've read wrong, you've got at least one more watchthrough of the episode before it ends.

You'll know it's been solved properly when

Kyon asks Haruhi and the rest of the gang to finish their summer homework at his place.

Hahahaha no. Unless I've read wrong, you've got at least one more watchthrough of the episode before it ends.

You'll know it's been solved properly when

Kyon asks Haruhi and the rest of the gang to finish their summer homework at his place.

You read it wrong, because that's what I meant by "advancing it [Endless Eight] further". It may be the way I phrased my sentence.

Edited by Raven

You read it wrong, because that's what I meant by "advancing it [Endless Eight] further". It may be the way I phrased my sentence.

Right, and what I am saying is as far as I know, the next showing of Endless Eight will not do that.

Right, and what I am saying is as far as I know, the next showing of Endless Eight will not do that.

That... is a shame. Oh well... I don't mind watching the episode again, so to speak...

I actually think it's interesting. I mean, they do have a love of doing shit like this, what with originally broadcasting out of order. I like the whole doing the same shit several times in a row with minor variations, if only because it evokes some sense of deja vu, etc.

Ok, this has gotten kind of old--four times. I mean, really? This isn't Lawrence of Arabia*, for Gods sake. If this doesn't get some variety, soon, I'm just gonna' give up. Don't these people have better things to do than this?

*The (in)famous Nefud desert scene, which consists of about 15 straight minutes of solely Camels and Sand. Watch it and you'll understand why I linked.

Edited by Le Communard

I actually think it's interesting. I mean, they do have a love of doing shit like this, what with originally broadcasting out of order. I like the whole doing the same shit several times in a row with minor variations, if only because it evokes some sense of deja vu, etc.

I have to agree with you there. It also adds a sense of suspense the more times you see it, leaving you to wonder when and how it's gonna end. Not to mention it shows the actual sensation and atmosphere of being caught in a time loop, rather than just saying it, you get to experience it.

Ok, this has gotten kind of old--four times. I mean, really? This isn't Lawrence of Arabia*, for Gods sake. If this doesn't get some variety, soon, I'm just gonna' give up. Don't these people have better things to do than this?

*The (in)famous Nefud desert scene, which consists of about 15 straight minutes of solely Camels and Sand. Watch it and you'll understand why I linked.

You've got one more episode to deal with. I believe the fifth is when it's going to break the cycle.

But then, you might have to wait again >__>

I have to agree with you there. It also adds a sense of suspense the more times you see it, leaving you to wonder when and how it's gonna end. Not to mention it shows the actual sensation and atmosphere of being caught in a time loop, rather than just saying it, you get to experience it.

That might have been the case... had this been over last episode, or even this one. At this point, though, it's gotten ridiculous.

You've got one more episode to deal with. I believe the fifth is when it's going to break the cycle.

But then, you might have to wait again >__>

We can only hope. I not so sure, though--if the Raw's I took a peak at are legit, this might still be going even to Episode 7 :facepalm:. For a run that's only supposed to be 13 Episodes or something, this is incredibly weak.

Edited by Le Communard

Yeah seriously. This is getting really old. I'm tired of seeing the same shit over again. PLEASE make it different this time

There is one difference I did notice in episode 5, the fourth Endless Eight. Kyon drew a plane figure in his notebook, when he never did in previous episodes (Not saying he didn't in the previous 15 thousand times, though). That's the one serious difference I did notice, apart from clothes worn, slight variation in what is said, etc. Hopefully the next is the last Endless Eight.

I can only assume they're trolling, since no company save Sony is this stupid, and even they are stupid evil.

There shouldn't even have been a full two of these, frankly.

Pretty much. I find this actually so fucking out there that they would decide to do this; it should have ended at the second at the very latest.

Can someone watch the newest one and tell me the number that Nagato relates? I've not downloaded them, and I won't do so until the entire thing is probably finished.

I watched the first Endless Eight.

meh. It was halfway decent. but only because Mikuru got pwned by a worm. :3

Can someone watch the newest one and tell me the number that Nagato relates? I've not downloaded them, and I won't do so until the entire thing is probably finished.

hsps.jpg

I can only assume they're trolling, since no company save Sony is this stupid, and even they are stupid evil.

There shouldn't even have been a full two of these, frankly.

I fully support them doing this for the whole season. This is like the most awesome move any company has ever pulled on its fans. They must have massive balls. Either that or they really, really are out of touch. My guess is on the first.

I fully support them doing this for the whole season. This is like the most awesome move any company has ever pulled on its fans. They must have massive balls. Either that or they really, really are out of touch. My guess is on the first.

Ha--only in the loosest GDubbua' sense mabye.

...That's fucking bizarre. The book ended at the 15,498th time.

It's anyone's guess how long this goes on, now. Especially since it makes huge jumps in terms of the numbers.

From memory, I think the third Endless Eight was the 15,499th time, or something. The second one was the 15,498th time.