• Ewan
    • Knoll
    • Control Enemy Glitch
    • lol dark magic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say lol dark magic. Ewan and Knoll suck, and are both hard to train. It doesn't help that the one thing dark magic had going for it in FE7 got nerfed to holy hell and back. And it's heavy.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

I say lol dark magic. Ewan and Knoll suck, and are both hard to train. It doesn't help that the one thing dark magic had going for it in FE7 got nerfed to holy hell and back. And it's heavy.

"Only thing going for it in FE7" is a gross overstatement. I'll start with Flux and go up.

Flux: More MT than Thunder, and Canas only loses 1 AS from it.

Luna: Best tome in the game, and you know it.

Nosferatu: Ehhhhh, 14 WT, but 10 MT and self-healing is pretty awesome.

Eclipse: Knocking out half of your enemy's health is cool, I guess.

Fenrir and higher: lolololol

"Only thing going for it in FE7" is a gross overstatement. I'll start with Flux and go up.

Flux: More MT than Thunder, and Canas only loses 1 AS from it.

Luna: Best tome in the game, and you know it.

Nosferatu: Ehhhhh, 14 WT, but 10 MT and self-healing is pretty awesome.

Eclipse: Knocking out half of your enemy's health is cool, I guess.

Fenrir and higher: lolololol

Wrong on Flux; It actually has LESS Mt than Thunder.

Luna is overrated, and you know it. Enemies don't even have much in the way of Resistance, and most enemies that it would be effective on have lower Resistance than Defense, meaning the he isn't really doing much better than physical units. Not to mention it's rare.

Nosferatu is rare, heavy, blablabla.

Eclipse is useless; the only enemies it would be worth using on are the very ones that it's most likely to miss. Unless you're convinced that it's actually worth knocking off half the HP of a generic that you most likely could've one-rounded.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

Wrong on Flux; It actually has LESS Mt than Thunder.

Blah, whatever. Still pretty awesome.

Luna is overrated, and you know it. Enemies don't even have much in the way of Resistance, and most enemies that it would be effective on have lower Resistance than Defense, meaning the he isn't really doing much better than physical units. Not to mention it's rare.

+15 crit is delicious and you know it.

Nosferatu is rare, heavy, blablabla.

Doesn't mean that the self-healing is any worse.

Eclipse is useless; the only enemies it would be worth using on are the very ones that it's most likely to miss. Unless you're convinced that it's actually worth knocking off half the HP of a generic that you most likely could've one-rounded.

Alright, Eclipse sucks.

Why does it matter how rare a tome is, anyway? Just because you don't get one often, that doesn't mean that it's any worse as a tome.

Blah, whatever. Still pretty awesome.

+15 crit is delicious and you know it.

Doesn't mean that the self-healing is any worse.

I'll concede Flux.

Never mind the fact that Luna is, for the most part, superfluous, like I proved.

Nosferatu's useless if it misses, you know. Plus, Canas is fairly slow, and his hit with Nosferatu isn't what I'd call reliable.

I'll concede Flux.

Canas has enough Speed to double most enemies in the game (aside from Mercs, Myrms, and their superiors), and Flux is strong yet accurate and comes in a convenient little package weighing only 1 pound more than Canas.

Therefore, Flux is yes.

Never mind the fact that Luna is, for the most part, superfluous, like I proved.

Really? The boss-slaying weapon is...'superfluous?'

On the contrary, my dear, Luna is by far THE best magic tome in FE 7.

Sure, it weighs almost twice what Canas does, but that single drawback is outweighed by it's 20 Crit and Resistance-cancelling powers, which come in very handy when fighting magician bosses (Limstella? Sonia? NERGAL?).

Nosferatu's useless if it misses, you know. Plus, Canas is fairly slow, and his hit with Nosferatu isn't what I'd call reliable.

No need to use Nosferatu. Flux is strong enough, and leave the healing to your healers.

Back on topic...

FE 8 Dark magic is useless. It comes in too late in the game, and in the hands of an unworthy Shaman.

Really? The boss-slaying weapon is...'superfluous?'

On the contrary, my dear, Luna is by far THE best magic tome in FE 7.

Sure, it weighs almost twice what Canas does, but that single drawback is outweighed by it's 20 Crit and Resistance-cancelling powers, which come in very handy when fighting magician bosses (Limstella? Sonia? NERGAL?).

Yes, superfluous. Also, gj ignoring the fact that Luna pretty much requires Canas to not get Magic-screwed in order to be useful AND proving the very reason why it's overrated. Also, I believe Canas himself is overrated.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

In FE8, I auto-premote knoll and have him stave and summon spam.

In FE7, Dark magc only reall shines with a maxed MAG canas VS the dragon.

In FE6, LolSophia, LolRay, LolNiime.

In FE8, I auto-premote knoll and have him stave and summon spam.

In FE7, Dark magc only reall shines with a maxed MAG canas VS the dragon.

In FE6, LolSophia, LolRay, LolNiime.

Personally, I have nothing but scorn for dark mages; I can't even find a single good one in the FE games I've played.

Personally, I have nothing but scorn for dark mages; I can't even find a single good one in the FE games I've played.

Athos. He sort of counts, right?

Only one chapter, but he's basically your best unit outside of HHM, and he only loses to the likes of Raven and Harken in HHM.

Athos. He sort of counts, right?

Only one chapter, but he's basically your best unit outside of HHM, and he only loses to the likes of Raven and Harken in HHM.

You have a point there, but I left him out since he's only usable for one chapter.

I like Knoll better, Ewan's too good actually, but if you look at him he goes better of as a Mage Knight or Sage, Knoll has more Magic & Res but lacks a lot of luck or it doesn't exist.

Gleipnir is the only item in my convoy that is at full uses. Well, that and some Killers, but it's the only unused Sacred Twin, since Ewan and Knoll are lolololol.

Edited by Joshybear25