STOP DIEING VYLON! >:O

Roxas

DAMMIT! FREAKIN AUTOSAVE! >:o

Okay.. I just skipped him then. :mellow: At least nobody died this time.

Why do you keep the autosave after the mistake you did with Sylvia?

Unless that you planned to kill her from the beginning.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you keep the autosave after the mistake you did with Sylvia?

Unless that you planned to kill her from the beginning.

...I don't know...

Anyway, at least I get Sharlow. :3

...I don't know...

Anyway, at least I get Sharlow. :3

I hope you are kidding. If you mean Laylea instead I can understand. But lolSharlow...

But still that means no Arthur since Tiltyu died...

RAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG

I hope you are kidding. If you mean Laylea instead I can understand. But lolSharlow...

Sharlow has a bigger advantage over Corple than Laylea has over Lynn.

Dancers are dancers. Charisma and the barrier sword are nice, but neither of them have ever made a difference to me. Elite however means Sharlow will actually be usable whereas Corple basically isn't, and the berserk staff makers fighting Arion a whole bunch easier.

Sharlow has a bigger advantage over Corple than Laylea has over Lynn.

Dancers are dancers. Charisma and the barrier sword are nice, but neither of them have ever made a difference to me. Elite however means Sharlow will actually be usable whereas Corple basically isn't, and the berserk staff makers fighting Arion a whole bunch easier.

Sharlow? Berserk Staff only.

Elite doesn't mean a thing if you are a shit unit.

It's still better than Corple by a huge margin. Actually promoting by the final chapter and then potshotting or something is better than Corple when you have way more healers than you need by that point.

I still wish they'd done a game set during the Isaac war. Would've been some epic shit. Kings getting assassinated left and right, dark mages sneaking out of the woodwork, all culimating in Byron hitting Langobart so hard with the Tyrfing it breaks.

Then Langobart's all "lol concrete durability nub" and gets a lucky crit.

Just get it so you don't have to repair it when Celice gets it in Chapter 10.

Stick the Leg Ring on Sigurd and give him a Hero Sword or Armor Cutter. It's IMPOSSIBLE for Vylon to die unless you play too slow.

A sword with over 50 kills on it should also work.

IIRC, I gave the leg ring to Ethlin so Leaf isn't falling behind Nanna and Fin... D:

Besides, Sharlow has blue hair. I think he wins.

• 1 month later...

When you exit the castle, have Azel, Sigurd, Alec/Noish/who ever has the Move Ring, and then Fury form a diamond 5 (or 6. I forgot what Sylvia's movement range is) tiles away from the castle. Have Sylvia run out, dance for them, then move them all again. If you're closer to the enemy than Vylon is, then they should go after YOU instead of him.

It's still better than Corple by a huge margin. Actually promoting by the final chapter and then potshotting or something is better than Corple when you have way more healers than you need by that point.

It depends on who Corpul's father is >_> If Levin's his father, he's not that bad; better than Sharlow growth wise. Even gets Holsety to lolOHKO people with later on. If you're worried about Sety, pair Claude with Fury and neither Fee or Sety is terrible. They're both decent; they just only have the Pursuit skill.

And Sharlow IS a crap unit. So he gets Elite. Elite Bracer anyone? Plus with Levin and Sylvia, he gets Continue + Critical + Prayer. That alone beats Elite.

EDIT: Sharlow's growths: Hp 70, Strength 10, Magic 50, Skill/Speed 20, Luck 30, Defense 10, Resist 30

Levin! Corpul's growths: Hp 120, Strength 15, Magic 50, Skill 45, Speed 95, Luck 40, Defense 25, Resist 40. Gets Holsety and staff level A

Edited by p00nage 4

Corple having Major Holsety Blood would be a mistake. Levin!Corple is a mistake, it robs you of a superior Holsety user. Corple sucks but at least he's got staff utility...

And Sharlow IS a crap unit. So he gets Elite. Elite Bracer anyone? Plus with Levin and Sylvia, he gets Continue + Critical + Prayer. That alone beats Elite.

EDIT: Sharlow's growths: Hp 70, Strength 10, Magic 50, Skill/Speed 20, Luck 30, Defense 10, Resist 30

Levin! Corpul's growths: Hp 120, Strength 15, Magic 50, Skill 45, Speed 95, Luck 40, Defense 25, Resist 40. Gets Holsety and staff level A.

Stupid reasons to say Corple >>> Sharlow.

1. Giving Corple the Elite ring? With Sharlow you don't need to and someone better can make use of it. No need to pass funds to Corple (and if you intentionally have Corple inherit the Elite Ring and claim it's a good thing to do, you're retarded).

2. If a 5 MOV unit is actually seeing combat outside of the arena, you are slow. Having those skills is pointless when you're not seeing combat. Having Elite when you're staff user helps make your Magic stat up go up faster which is the one staff such a unit really cares about.

3. Corple's higher staff rank doesn't matter. Rescue Staff should be used by a promoted Leaf. As for Reserve, why are you having a low MOV unit with lower Magic as opposed to someone who's got high Magic at the time and low MOV?

As for getting to Vylon, Levin with MOV ring to take care of the nearby armor and then have Sigurd rush. Using other units such as Noish and Alec would risk leaving some of them alive while Levin alone with Holsety would rape.

Edited by ?!

It depends on who Corpul's father is >_> If Levin's his father, he's not that bad; better than Sharlow growth wise. Even gets Holsety to lolOHKO people with later on. If you're worried about Sety, pair Claude with Fury and neither Fee or Sety is terrible. They're both decent; they just only have the Pursuit skill.

Levin! Corpul's growths: Hp 120, Strength 15, Magic 50, Skill 45, Speed 95, Luck 40, Defense 25, Resist 40. Gets Holsety and staff level A

While I do think that Courple > Sharlow, but I have to disagree here.

lolCouple is the worst Holsety user, you sure want to waste Holsety on him?

Also, since Courple and Sharlow are useless, Elite and Berserk play big favors on Sharlow's side. :/

And what am I doing, defending Shalow like this... .______.

As for getting to Vylon, Sety with MOV ring to take care of the nearby armor and then have Sigurd rush. Using other units such as Noish and Alec would risk leaving some of them alive while Levin alone with Holsety would rape.

:mellow:

Anyway, not everyone give Leg Ring to Levin. =o

Edited by Fia

Corple having Major Holsety Blood would be a mistake. Levin!Corple is a mistake, it robs you of a superior Holsety user. Corple sucks but at least he's got staff utility...

Sety has LOWER magic growth than Corpul, lower magic defense, lower luck, ever so slightly higher hp, but Sety has slightly higher speed and skill. That pretty much evens the two out. so EITHER is a good option for Holsety.

Levin! Corpul's growths: Hp 120, Strength 15, Magic 50, Skill 45, Speed 95, Luck 40, Defense 25, Resist 40. Gets Holsety and staff level A.

Stupid reasons to say Corple >>> Sharlow.

1. Giving Corple the Elite ring? With Sharlow you don't need to and someone better can make use of it. No need to pass funds to Corple (and if you intentionally have Corple inherit the Elite Ring and claim it's a good thing to do, you're retarded).

I actually hand the Bargain ring down and have him buy it that way. But thanks for insulting me; makes you look tough. And did I say *I* handed down the Elite Bracer to him through Levin? No. In fact what I said was "Elite Bracer anyone?" But again, thanks for insulting me ;)

2. If a 5 MOV unit is actually seeing combat outside of the arena, you are slow. Having those skills is pointless when you're not seeing combat. Having Elite when you're staff user helps make your Magic stat up go up faster which is the one staff such a unit really cares about.

I leave him behind with Holsety to wipe out reinforcements to be honest. Or I give him the Movement Ring so he can go further. I'd like to know if and how that makes me stupid and/or retarded ;)

3. Corple's higher staff rank doesn't matter. Rescue Staff should be used by a promoted Leaf. As for Reserve, why are you having a low MOV unit with lower Magic as opposed to someone who's got high Magic at the time and low MOV?

Who said anything about the Rescue Staff? I never mentioned the Rescue staff. I mentioned the Staff level A for the Reserve Staff personally, since Leaf's magic SUCKS and Rana can't use it. Unless you're just going to throw the Reserve Staff away, which is a VERY stupid idea.

And considering Corpul and Sharlow have the same magic stat growth...I don't see how you're getting "higher Magic", unless you're counting Elite which AGAIN can be used by both by obtaining the Elite Bracer for Corpul (see quote response 1)

Edited by p00nage 4

Sety has LOWER magic growth than Corpul, lower magic defense, lower luck, ever so slightly higher hp, but Sety has slightly higher speed and skill. That pretty much evens the two out. so EITHER is a good option for Holsety.

I really can't believe you say this... ._.

Fine, lets go with your way.

Suure, because 15% extra MGC is everything, even though Sage class already has 15 base in MGC and better caps everywhere. Lets ignore that.

Lower luck? OHMYGODTHATISUNFORGIVABLELUCKISTHEMOSTIMPORTANTSTATWITHOUTITEQUALSINSTANTFAIL

What are you going to do with luck, btw?

Lower MDF, points. But really, MDF only proves trouble when you are against status staff users. And status staves rarely exist before CH10.

If you think that avoiding/baiting status staves in CH10 as hard, then I think you have problem with your tactic.

What about Epilogue then? Edda? Selis's food.

Who said anything about the Rescue Staff? I never mentioned the Rescue staff. I mentioned the Staff level A for the Reserve Staff personally, since Leaf's magic SUCKS and Rana can't use it. Unless you're just going to throw the Reserve Staff away, which is a VERY stupid idea.

Wait, what?

A High Priest can't use A level Staves? Madness.

Edited by Fia

There's so much wrong with this. It starts with the fact that you're only looking at growths. The superior Holsety user isn't the one that ends up with the best stats/growths, it's the one that makes the best use of the item and using the item from Late in Chapter 8 and the rest of the game >>>> Using it late in chapter 9 (which ain't happening without abuse) the rest of game.

I actually hand the Bargain ring down and have him buy it that way. But thanks for insulting me; makes you look tough. And did I say *I* handed down the Elite Bracer to him through Levin? No. In fact what I said was "Elite Bracer anyone?" But again, thanks for insulting me ;)

The Bargain Ring? What the fuck... I'm not arguing to "look tough", Elite Ring or Bargain ring intentionally passed down to Corple is just stupid. You want those rings to be of used on someone that comes earlier so you know, so they can make use of the Elite Ring in the Arena earlier and give you a stronger team faster? Giving either the Bargain Ring or Elite Ring means missing out on that. I know you didn't specifically mention passing down the elite ring to Corple that was just a general statement.

I leave him behind with Holsety to wipe out reinforcements to be honest. Or I give him the Movement Ring so he can go further. I'd like to know if and how that makes me stupid and/or retarded ;)

Because...

1. You can do the same for Levin!Sety and he's doing this earlier without the blasted need of any level ups.

2. You can use Holsety with Levin!Arthur even earlier than Levin!Sety and after promotion he won't need it so you could say... give that ring to your Dancer so she actually won't fall behind and have a better chance of moving the mounted people. Unlike Sety, Arthur's avoid isn't so freakishly high that it stops many enemies from attacking him, you want enemies to attack your Holsety user so they'll die faster.

Holsety on reinforcements is a waste. Reinforcements are so weak in this game that many of your units should be able to fight them while the same can't be said for all frontline enemies and bosses.

Who said anything about the Rescue Staff? I never mentioned the Rescue staff. I mentioned the Staff level A for the Reserve Staff personally, since Leaf's magic SUCKS and Rana can't use it. Unless you're just going to throw the Reserve Staff away, which is a VERY stupid idea

And considering Corpul and Sharlow have the same magic stat growth...I don't see how you're getting "higher Magic", unless you're counting Elite which AGAIN can be used by both by obtaining the Elite Bracer for Corpul (see quote response 1)

Rescue staff is A ranked, you mentioned Corple's A ranked as an advantage over Sharlow, how does that not warrant an explanation about why Corple's higher staff rank isn't much without a mention of the Rescue staff? As for Reserve staff, there's also Claude!Sety which you suggested and you can get it from an enemy in the same chapter that Corple joins. Rana can be promoted by then.

Corple NEEDs the Elite ring to match Sharlow in levels and for him to get it, he has to take it away from someone else. Sharlow does not need it since HE ALREADY HAS ELITE. To not need that >>> Needing it.

As for getting to Vylon, Sety with MOV ring to take care of the nearby armor and then have Sigurd rush. Using other units such as Noish and Alec would risk leaving some of them alive while Levin alone with Holsety would rape.

:mellow:

Anyway, not everyone give Leg Ring to Levin. =o

If not Levin, then Sigurd. Point being that you should have units that can one round those armors if you're using just a few of your units to rush your way to Vylon.

Edited by ?!

Corple NEEDs the Elite ring to match Sharlow in levels and for him to get it, he has to take it away from someone else.

Corple does just fine for me, considering the Reserve Staff and Patty/Daisy.

As for taking the Elite Ring... people need it by then? Rarely is anyone unpromoted by that time save him, for me.

Corple NEEDs the Elite ring to match Sharlow in levels and for him to get it, he has to take it away from someone else.

As for taking the Elite Ring... people need it by then? Rarely is anyone unpromoted by that time save him, for me.

There are some people who promoted their units very, very late. =o

The beginning of chapter 9 in my last FE4 playthrough. I don't waste time with unnecessary enemies and foot units have trouble reaching enemies because the mounted ones kill them too quickly.

Levin!Sety is blah to me. Fury x Levin is NOT her best combination or perhaps you haven't tried pairing her with anyone else. And Sety has low growth rates, but comes a CHAPTER earlier than Corpul. Corpul comes in the MIDDLE (LOL at your late comment) of chapter 9, unless you completely suck and forget to hand down the Sleep Staff to Rana. Sleep + Hannibal = Hannibal is no threat.

The Bargain Ring? What the fuck... I'm not arguing to "look tough", Elite Ring or Bargain ring intentionally passed down to Corple is just stupid. You want those rings to be of used on someone that comes earlier so you know, so they can make use of the Elite Ring in the Arena earlier and give you a stronger team faster? Giving either the Bargain Ring or Elite Ring means missing out on that. I know you didn't specifically mention passing down the elite ring to Corple that was just a general statement.

By the time I get Corpul most if not, ALL of my team is promoted. I usually give CELICE the elite bracer and pair Lex with Ayra, making three units with Elite. That last boss in Chapter 6 = everyone else's elite bracer.

Because...

1. You can do the same for Levin!Sety and he's doing this earlier without the blasted need of any level ups.

2. You can use Holsety with Levin!Arthur even earlier than Levin!Sety and after promotion he won't need it so you could say... give that ring to your Dancer so she actually won't fall behind and have a better chance of moving the mounted people. Unlike Sety, Arthur's avoid isn't so freakishly high that it stops many enemies from attacking him, you want enemies to attack your Holsety user so they'll die faster.

Holsety on reinforcements is a waste. Reinforcements are so weak in this game that many of your units should be able to fight them while the same can't be said for all frontline enemies and bosses.

Tailtiu with Levin? = No pursuit. Tailtiu with Azel = uber Arthur and Tinny. 'Nuff said. Only reason I did Levin and Sylvia is because everyone else that had pursuit were meleers and I don't pair them with mommies who make magic wielding children.

Have you even TRIED this pair before? If you say you have, I would think you're lying through your keyboard keys. I've done a Fury with Levin pairing. Wasn't impressed. I was impressed with the Claude and Fury pairing though. You should probably try that one as well.

Who said anything about the Rescue Staff? I never mentioned the Rescue staff. I mentioned the Staff level A for the Reserve Staff personally, since Leaf's magic SUCKS and Rana can't use it. Unless you're just going to throw the Reserve Staff away, which is a VERY stupid idea

Rescue staff is A ranked, you mentioned Corple's A ranked as an advantage over Sharlow, how does that not warrant an explanation about why Corple's higher staff rank isn't much without a mention of the Rescue staff? As for Reserve staff, there's also Claude!Sety which you suggested and you can get it from an enemy in the same chapter that Corple joins. Rana can be promoted by then.

A) Rana = bad unless paired with a magic wielding father, which will screw Lester up beyond all belief. Fin/Mideel + Edain = good. Rana = decent. Corpul is still a better choice for the Reserve staff with his higher magic growth and automatic use with it.

Corple NEEDs the Elite ring to match Sharlow in levels and for him to get it, he has to take it away from someone else. Sharlow does not need it since HE ALREADY HAS ELITE. To not need that >>> Needing it.

I'll restate this for the THIRD time and maybe it'll sink in this time: I never said I DIRECTLY passed the Elite "ring." I said I pass down the BARGAIN ring. Who else would REALLY need the bargain ring? lolShannan? lolAless? Visit villages/don't waste the holy weapon in the arena. Problem solved for them. Not to mention if you NEED money with your children characters, someone did SERIOUS waste shopping with the parents. I always have like 10-15k per child.

As for Corpul, he would benefit more from it. Why? To repair his libro staff and Warp staff for exp. Patty = money supplier for him, so it does not matter if Corpul visits villages.

Oh and did I mention Sharlow sucks yet? He has Elite. Big deal. With no other skills and inferior growth rates to a Levin!Corpul or Claude!Corpul child, Elite doesn't mean squat. Plus, with a Levin!Corpul pairing, Corpul can kill things. Sharlow? Ooo C ranked Fire/Wind/Thunder magic! SHEAR UBERNESS TO THE MAX. My god, he can destroy a Bow Knight! That's SO cool.

Sorry if I don't see things YOUR way, but my pairing is just as good as a...substitute crack head with ONE good skill and sub-par stat growths as compared to a Levin!Corpul child. Perhaps you should try it sometime; you're making Corpul seem like crap when he doesn't when he's not fathered by a meleer/Azel.

Edited by p00nage 4

The beginning of chapter 9 in my last FE4 playthrough.

That's nice.

I don't waste time with unnecessary enemies and foot units have trouble reaching enemies because the mounted ones kill them too quickly.

I've rarely encountered an unnecessary enemy, save most village burners (especially so towards the end chapters). Also, rarely have I seen mounted units killing enemies too soon unless they were uncontrollable at the time of the kill. Otherwise I stand in complete control of my units and am able to choose who gets which kills.

Subjective plays retain complete subjectivity, naturally. In all cases.

I don't waste time with unnecessary enemies and foot units have trouble reaching enemies because the mounted ones kill them too quickly.

So all your units have instant berserk status? There's a Restore Staff for that. Itchy, runny nose? There's a Restore Staff for that.

Plus, you do realize you don't HAVE to kill the foot soldiers with your mounted units and leave them for YOUR foot soldiers to kill, right? Higher leveled units are like Alva, Eva and Eve in chapter 2; they're exp hogs. Either they gain no exp or they gain this...tiny amount of exp that it's not even worth killing the enemies with.

Edited by p00nage 4

If a team of mounted units is perfectly capable of getting you through the game without the need of foot units and you're not playing ranks, then you have nothing to gain from training those units. This usually becomes the case around chapter 8, definitely in chapter 9.

My mounted units often leave the others behind because enemies are often extremely weak that it's rare to see Aless or MK Arthur not use his full MOV. My usual FE4 Gen 2 playthrough consists of small use foot units and often ends up like so (Sety has the Leg ring):

I see absolutely no reason as to why I should waste time babying foot units I'll no longer be using. You overrate stats and growths.

Edited by ?!