Looking for playtesters for my FE8 Hardtype hack

Basically, I'm trying to create an FE8 that is more in line with RD Hard Mode difficulty. The topic with the download is here, but if you play please give any and all constructive criticism in either thread. I'd love to hear ANY input you have at all. Even if you think this is awful, I'd like to know so I can make it more legitimately difficult.

Main differences are significantly stronger enemies, and Seth is now a level 15 Cavalier with a Knight Crest and reduced stats, so that he doesn't kill everything he fights.

Please give me any suggestions you have. Any. But if you're looking for things to talk about, then there's these:

1) Should I take away Seth's Knight Crest?

2) Are there any characters you think are even beyond useless now that I should somehow buff to make them better?

3) Are the enemy units overall too strong or too weak?

i'll go through it.

so you didn't change the growths at all?

also, with much more difficult enemies, trainer classes will be practically unusable. :o

I'm having trouble downloading it.

I'll check the link again to make sure it's functioning.

EDIT: No, download link seems to work for me. Are you sure you're doing it right? The link here is to another topic, and in that topic it has the download link.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

SD H5 > RD HM.

Anyway, if I can find some stuff I'll look into this.

Seeing Braves by C15 in this game would make me cry in joy almost and Silver by the route split.

Maybe I'll look into that...

I think I found a bug

1. save in the beginning of chapter 1 (after finishing prologue)

2. reset or suspend

3. restart chapter 1

4. now Seth has increased stats. 17 STR, 15 skill, etc

I like your idea btw

I think I found a bug

1. save in the beginning of chapter 1 (after finishing prologue)

2. reset or suspend

3. restart chapter 1

4. now Seth has increased stats. 17 STR, 15 skill, etc

I like your idea btw

mhm. I noticed that... It looks like there's some problems when saving.

Dunno what causes it, I've just been using Save States, but I'll try to fix this.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in 7 now and been liking it so far. Here's some feedback.

-I've been playing with unpromoted Seth but if the crest is removed I'd like to see it introduced at a reasonable point for free because you're effectively losing a promotion item.

-Vanessa could use one or two more base STR although flier utility is still great ie. in the chapter Joshua joins at. Colm is also very weak now but I don't consider that too nasty with him being a thief and all.

-Personally I'd like to see either advantages to mid-chapter shopping or disadvantages to map shopping. I like when I need to make a decision between having a character join the attack or go out of his way to buy more swords.

-Maybe do something to the necrophilic Paladin too even though it's just a single chapter. Dude was crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
Dunno what causes it, I've just been using Save States, but I'll try to fix this.

It's not just Seth either FYI. My Vanessa, Moulder, and Joshua all gained stats, Colm actually lost points (lol 0 Str).

• 1 month later...

I've just updated the Hack thread. The stat save bug has been fixed, and I've started on changing enemy inventories. Also, Seth has no more Crest, instead it's stealable from a random soldier on Chapter 6.