Dracoknight or Falcon Knight

Dracoknight or Falcon knight  

38 members have voted

1. 1. pick one

• Falcon knight
    • Dracoknight

Always Dragon Knight, unless you need the 25 speed in WiFi.

Let me break it down with statistical fury:

- +2 base Str than Falcon Knight

- +3 base Def. This alone is better than a slightly higher speed cap.

- The only things they can double that Dragon Knights aren't are 20/21 AS units close to the end of the game, and even then you could just switch to Paladin or another class if needed

- E (or whatever rank they have) in Axes >>>>>>>>> E in Swords

- You can either switch to Paladin for Ch. 23, and/or chug a Pure Water for the extra Res.

Dracos, I'd be willing to argue even for wifi.

Falcos only come off better against berserkers, which is only 1 class out of 4 of the top classes (sniper, berserker, horseman and paladin, arguably swordmaster)

As a unit, I'd say that Dracoknights are better, but is this taking into account the promotion gains, because I'm pretty sure you lose resistance if you promote into a Dracoknight. I'd class swap, promote, then change back to Dracoknight.

You lose nothing promoting. The Res is simply the base stats of the classes.

Besides, there are only two, maybe three chapters where magic users are problematic:

- Ch. 15, lol, you're still Pegasus Knights

- Ch. 22, Paladins + Pure Waters should work fine to chase the Bishops especially since the wall blocks flyers anyway

- Ch. 23, No need for flying here since walls block flyers anyway. Paladins will actually have superior movement and retain Res, and not having Axes this chapter is no big deal since you're fighting nothing but Mages and the occasional hero or whatever physical unit exists that I don't care to remember.

So yeah. Dragonknight's 0 Res base means absolutely nothing.

Dracoknights are the better class, but the Elysian Whip can come in handy for the females in say, H5 -- if you want to promote someone but lack the master seals. You can class change them afterwards; it's not like Dracoknight's particularly useful in H5 anyway.

You lose nothing promoting. The Res is simply the base stats of the classes.

Alright. That makes sense. But if you swapped from a pegasus knight to an archer and promoted into a Sniper and gained three Resistance points upon promotion, and then switched back to a dracoknight, would your resistance still be at three? Because if that's the case, then you are absolutely right. I obviously don't know enough about the whole class swap thing.

No. You don't keep stats that are tied to the class. Only stats you gained by leveling up.

You would only "lose" Res because the Dragon Knight's base Res is 0, but this is easily remedied by simply going Paladin.

And like I said above, the Res isn't so important that it somehow gimps the Dragon Knight class. There are many ways around it, especially Pure Waters.

Edited by Chainey

In normal mode, nobody cares what your stats are because you just win anyways, and in H5, neither class is that hot.

Falconknights are prettier, so they win.

whut? Dracos are very viable in H5. Double consistently even with 23 spd, tan use axes witha bit of training to have riddiclious training...beats the crap out of....whatever Falco does..

Falcoknights have almost no advantages over Dracoknights.

Single player

Swords: Already weaker than axes, -2 base Str makes them worthless.

Base Res: As previously covered, Dracos can be swapped during the few chapters this is remotely important.

Speed cap: Dracos can reach high enough speed to double.

Multiplayer

Swords: I guess you could give them forged Levin Swords.

Base Res: The extra Res is nice I guess, but it won't help against braves.

Speed Cap: This keeps them from being doubled by Berserkers, but their lower Def cap means they cannot survive a quad attack from forged brave bows while Dracoknights can.

No. You don't keep stats that are tied to the class. Only stats you gained by leveling up.

You would only "lose" Res because the Dragon Knight's base Res is 0, but this is easily remedied by simply going Paladin.

And like I said above, the Res isn't so important that it somehow gimps the Dragon Knight class. There are many ways around it, especially Pure Waters.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying. I haven't had much time to experiment with this game.

I voted for Falcoknights since they're my favorite flier class since they're accurate and are faster than Dracoknights. Both classes are ok but still falcos are somehow better. Nonetheless the peg. knights in the game have a certain "destination". So in other words, Caeda by her statistics and ways to level up she goes more as a Falco. Palla goes for a Draco since she's strong and skillful, however she has little speed for a peg and as though must go as a Draco to exploit her growths. Catria goes for any but tends to be a Falco for her speed, luck and skill, since Dracos are stronger, skillful and flying tanks. And finally Est is to be a Falco, her speed and luck is wonderful and being a Falco means to evade attacks.

Away from the game, I prefer (supported in past fe games) Falcoknights by her high skill and speed, low def that it's contrasted by her high evasion and as though many of them caps luck and maintain a very high or capped resistance that compensates the accuracy of magic tomes. The only low point is the str and hp of the Falco, they're mage-killers but they may go down in a battle with a general unless the falco has a special weapon or stays with an acceptable or high str. In other words Falcos are better, they dodge many attacks and counterattack with fury and critical attacks while Dracos miss most attacks but are a flying risk for defenseless units.

I voted for DracoKnight's because they use axes, and they get a lot more defense than FalcoKnights.

Actually, if a Falco has an A rank on swords, she'll gain +3 in swords and compared with a capped str draco with a capped str Falco, she'll gain almost the same might with a silver weapon and can have even more might with Mercurius than with a Haulteclere. So 24+18+3=45 might for a Falco and 26+18=44. The difference is one but the Falco has more chance to hit since the Dracos hit is reduced by its bonus in hit for axes and by its reduction for triangle. As for def there's no great problem since all of the pegs have nice def.

I voted for Falcoknights since they're my favorite flier class since they're accurate and are faster than Dracoknights. Both classes are ok but still falcos are somehow better. Nonetheless the peg. knights in the game have a certain "destination". So in other words, Caeda by her statistics and ways to level up she goes more as a Falco. Palla goes for a Draco since she's strong and skillful, however she has little speed for a peg and as though must go as a Draco to exploit her growths. Catria goes for any but tends to be a Falco for her speed, luck and skill, since Dracos are stronger, skillful and flying tanks. And finally Est is to be a Falco, her speed and luck is wonderful and being a Falco means to evade attacks.

The same exact logic was used by a stubborn noob before. It was bad and flawed then and it's no different now. But whatever, I won't get too deep into this and just leave with some simple reasons why:

1. Falco Knight's superior RES sees little application in which it's shown to actually make a difference in how many attacks it takes for said Falco Knight to get killed. Chapter 15, they'll still be Pegs (except maybe Caeda) and Chapter 23 shows absolutely no advantage for Falco Knight over Paladin (unless you consider 2 freaking RES a big deal). DEF will obviously see more application since... you know, most enemies target DEF?

2. The Speed cap hardly makes a difference. You're ditching +2 STR and +3 DEF that can actually make a difference in how well they well they kill and how long it takes for them to be killed just to double Medeus in Normal mode and a few enemies lategame in H5. 3 DEF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 Avoid, Lck cap and growth is the exact same for both classes.

"Exploiting" her growths doesn't matter, it's what the promotion bonuses do for the character that matters and Draco does more. Prefer Falcos? That's fine but there's just no way in hell that Falco Knight > Draco in this game, it isn't even a subjective matter.

Actually, if a Falco has an A rank on swords, she'll gain +3 in swords and compared with a capped str draco with a capped str Falco, she'll gain almost the same might with a silver weapon and can have even more might with Mercurius than with a Haulteclere. So 24+18+3=45 might for a Falco and 26+18=44. The difference is one but the Falco has more chance to hit since the Dracos hit is reduced by its bonus in hit for axes and by its reduction for triangle. As for def there's no great problem since all of the pegs have nice def.

Except most enemies use Lances which cancels the weapon rank bonus. With Swords and the enemy having an A rank on Lances for example, their ATK would drop by 4. Axes would cancel out the enemy's weapon rank (2 ATK, 3 if Axes is A rank) which helps as opposed to losing 4 ATK yourself and granting the opponent another.

Best use of the Elysian Whip: On an unpromoted female you intend to turn into a Sage. Saves you a Master Seal for someone else.

Edited by Sirius

Never mind that axes is up to an amazing -3 enemy DMG drop due getting the WTA over the WTD, and that's BEFORE factoring in the Draco's superior DEF.

The difference is one but the Falco has more chance to hit since the Dracos hit is reduced by its bonus in hit for axes

lmfao, did you SERIOUSLY just bring up hit? Axes have plenty of hit in this game, and Dracos actually have skill, and enemies are facing the WTD, et cetera et cetera....

also, who else lol'd at Falcoknight Est?

It's also worth mentioning that the Draco's superior 10% HP growth comes into play to make a hueug durability lead even hueuger, btw.

Edited by Norton Sez What?

Actually about Falcos, the game disappointed me with no great use of them since it was focusing only in armored armies. The point of view was directly from exp of past games and PEXP, by the way, the game doesn't give the escence of a falco or a peg since no character have res growth (only magic wielders and one or two apart from them). I know dracos are more useful in the playthrough due to their str and def, so they give a win on it. But the matter is I DO PREFER FALCOS since all of them end better than the Dracos I train. It's no specific matter since all of them are abused in all ways. Though falcos doesn't have so bad reputation on the game since they're not the only units in the game, so as the game have lots of bishops and mages (not in all chapters), Falcos can't suffer so much the damage they can inflict since it's a difference of five points.

Well as you can see, the description and calculations were done only by a comparison between Falcos and Dracos and their respective ranks and bonus, etc. There were no mages nor paladins nor knights; only fliers. However, both of them are excellent units, both of them have the same object in the game, for that you could make of your party both of them to create balance. At the end, Falcos are lighter and swift, Dracos are robust and strong, they're opposed and for that both of them are great in the game (the need of it isn't absolute). The other thing is that I give my opinion specially based on FE7 where falcos have better oportunities.