Upgrade to IPB 3

Jyosua

Actually, remember that topic and form postcount issue we were having where they kept getting reset? I contacted support about it, and they had the developers fix it. So, you're full of shit. :)

Not really... lolFESS.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, remember that topic and form postcount issue we were having where they kept getting reset? I contacted support about it, and they had the developers fix it. So, you're full of shit. :)

We used versions of Invision boards for years on FESS while you were still BAWWWing about being banned there. We had numerous problems with Invision being totally unresponsive to requests for help, perhaps most spectacularly after FESS2 got clusterfucked. Ask Bus for a more detailed account of various incidents of Invision silliness, him being the guy paying for it and dealing with them.

Just saying. :awesome:

Edited by Der Kommissar

also whenever i click on "show all emoticons" the list of all the FE character emoticons don't show up

Edit:WTF! i didn't post twice did i? i was actually waiting for about 5 minutes before seeing the board again.

Edited by Sol Katti

Not for me.

Click your name in the top-right hand corner -> Go to "My settings". You'll see "Change Display Name".

Unless you knew that, and it's not working, in which case, I dunno'.

Gosh I was horrified for a minute, thought this site was bought off by a company or something. XD

What

While this isn't a big deal, any former posts that were quoted before the move/change look "blended in" with the rest of the post. But not so much that you can't tell what was the quote and what was the post. Just saying is all.

Do you have a staging area for skin testing? Was the plan to see if IPB3 would break before integrating skins?

Oh, and let me state this for the record: upgrading any forum is a bitch. Upgrading IPB at all is a bigger bitch. Upgrading IPB from 2.0 to 3.0 is one of the most painful experiences anyone can imagine. We had a custom skin at FESS when we ran IPB, and everytime we upgraded, it broke half the board, even for a point update. Invision is no help, either. "Oh, we don't support custom mods. By the way, your perpetual, $185 license is only perpetual if you pay $40 a year afterwards! We want your money, faggot!" So even without a skin, I have to say kudos to Josh for having a minimum of downtime and a minimum of issues, because trust me, this could have been IMMENSELY worse.

DOUBLE EDIT FOR JUSTICE: Josh, I can't stress how painful my experience with Invision support was. They wouldn't *touch* us because of my mods. One guy gave "unofficial" support... once. Steve was one of my admins then, if you remember, and he was root after we moved off of Invision. Mind, I had their full support, too. They simply just said "sorry, can't help you, why don't you try our third party forums?". They were useless. Ask Dale whenever you talk to him again.

So stop getting so fucking defensive, eh? For Christ's sake.

Edited by Superbus