Upgrade to IPB 3

Jyosua

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did, it's not good enough.

I want it back to normal NOW!

We seem to have gained NOTHING from this change, and it gives us a crap skin and fucks up quoteboxes.

No way is that worth it!

What advantages?

See following:

The report manager and ticket system for IPB 3 is much nicer and offers many more options than the current ones we have, the overall look of IPB is a lot nicer and more customizeable, it's a lot easier to modify things in it, and the coding uses ajax and doesn't suck.

I don't know if anybody mentioned this, but... quoting converts BBcode to HTML.

Example.

As far as that goes, I tried to fix the quotes as best as possible, and it's working fine now, but the pre-existing ones like that, I don't think I can fix.

The tracker system still isn't working. Is it just me or is it just not up yet?

It's still offline.

If you click on the folder icon next to a board, it marks the entire board as read.

That's how it's always been.

Two things I notice:

The tracker system still isn't working. Is it just me or is it just not up yet?

If you click on the folder icon next to a board, it marks the entire board as read.

Be patient. Jyo/Josh will tell us when he fixes it.

As Charlie said, it's always been that way.

i kind of got used to this skin, the only thing i don't like is no top button eventhough it'll get fixed in due time

Edited by Titan Raven

Hmm... I really don't like IPB 3 very much, but who am I to judge you?

Besides, it's already official and no longer a beta so most of the problems in IPB 3 that used to set me off are probably fixed now.

Well, congrats for the change, I guess...

It's a little confusing, but I'm sure once everyone gets used to it, they'll find that it's more user friendly.

Not that I ever had any issues with the way the old site worked. Cept when it would crap out for a week at a time. But that was usually because Jyo or Vincent did some experiment that went haywire.

It is seemingly impossible to post using the DSi's Opera browser.

I did, it's not good enough.

I want it back to normal NOW!

We seem to have gained NOTHING from this change, and it gives us a crap skin and fucks up quoteboxes.

No way is that worth it!

Oh, its worth it. Trust me :rolleyes:

Edited by Miror B.

Looks good, for the most part.

The left edge of the quote boxes keep appearing to the left of the line which seperates the user info from said user's post. Looks weird, but doesn't really affect anything.

Edit: Plus, to edit my posts, I have to click the edit button twice. When edited, there's also a massive gap between the box where I edit my post and the toolbar which has the bold, italic and underline options on it. Just thought I'd point that out.

Edited by kirsche

Maybe you should, at the very least, put a banner on top of the forums? That way people may feel less estranged from the forums due to its skin.

I already had someone suggest to me that we add the banner back on as well, but I feel like its a bit of a filler move. If people really want it back badly though...

Yeah we're working on skins right now, so the banners and stuff will be back once we do that.

I already had someone suggest to me that we add the banner back on as well, but I feel like its a bit of a filler move. If people really want it back badly though...

Removing the post count is kind of a filler move too.

The banner would look better IMO.

Edited by kirsche