Best magic class in the game

65 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the best magic class is?

• super pupil
    • mage
    • sage
    • mage knight
    • pupil
    • necromancer
    • shaman
    • summoner
    • monk
    • bishop
    • troubadour
    • valkyrie
    • sister
    • priest
    • druid

I would say Valkyries(Only for L'Arachel), all Bishops in this game are great, Summoners and Druids are great too, but I like Knoll as either, Ewan as my Druid or MK.

The best is the bishop. No contest. Slayer rocks.

Second comes Necromancer, I guess. Worst magic type, but has the highest caps of them all (even though he needs to be pumped with upgrades pretty badly to actually reach them).

Third would be super pupil for me. He's not actually very useful in-game, and many people will probably complain about his lack of staves, but he has decent caps, and being able to use all three types of magic (without abusing glitches, that is) is pretty awesome to me. Light magic against magic-using monsters, dark magic for Nosferatu and Anima for everything else.

However, I actually find all promoted magic classes to be good, except for the Mage Knight. Only having Anima magic means almost always having WTD against enemy magic users, and the Mage Knight's caps are pretty bad. Thank you, I rather want an additional magic type and much higher caps instead of a crappy +1 MOV horse.

Sister of course

What's a summoner again? O.o Or is that Lyon's class...?

I voted for Sage, Druid, Bishop and Necromancer. It's funny how Sages and Druids receive the magic type that their main type of magic is strong against. I guess it's just "logical" (logic is rather rare/non-existant in Fire Emblem) since dark magic + light magic = ? and same goes for innocent Sages learning dark arts that make people go crazy.

What's a summoner again? O.o Or is that Lyon's class...?

Lyon is a necromancer.

Summoner is a promotion path for a Shaman. It allows for Dark Magic, Staves, and the ability to summon phantoms.

Lyon is a necromancer.

Summoner is a promotion path for a Shaman. It allows for Dark Magic, Staves, and the ability to summon phantoms.

*facepalm* I mixed up the two classes. XD Thanks. I'd switch my vote from necromancer to summoner now if I could. I can't believe I forgot...

• 3 weeks later...

My choice is Sage and Bishop.

Sages can learn ALL types of magic, if you decide to use the control enemy glitch ^_^ Really useful to me

Bishops; no contest. BEST for monsters in later chapters and Creature Campaign. Plus, see above. A Bishop's dark magic WILL activate slayer and pulverize monsters. *mmm Shadowshot*

Summoner is easily the most useful and unique magic class. Promoted horseriders can fight for the runner-up medal.

Why? Their summons suck. Majority of the time, the enemy will go after a different unit anyway. Plus Druids have higher stat caps (with the exception of skill and resist, both of which are 1 less).

In my opinion, Anima magic pwns Summoner's...summons. XD

• 5 weeks later...

Summoner is easily the most useful and unique magic class. Promoted horseriders can fight for the runner-up medal.

Why? Their summons suck. Majority of the time, the enemy will go after a different unit anyway. Plus Druids have higher stat caps (with the exception of skill and resist, both of which are 1 less).

Summoners are really cool. I normally (When I'm not hacking) Make Knoll a Druid. When I am, I make lute use Dark insted of Anima.

What? Summons have the highest attack priority, which means that enemies will attack a summon if they can NO MATTER WHAT. They're also like fliers, which means that summoners can attack anything withing 7-8 squares of any space they can move to. They're like pawns. Expendable, but undeniably useful.

Bishop: LolSlayer

Mage Knight: Anima Magic + MOV.

Summoner: Disposable summons? FUCK YES!

Fuck yes??? hell no the summons r pathetic i would rather have a unpromoted level 1 character rather then the summons

Too bad you can't bring up that level 1 character again. Also, take into account the Summoner's 6 MOV +1 for its starting position and then its 5 MOV through any freaking terrain (IIRC). Most other lvl 1 unpromoted units would fall behind, you don't want bait to fall behind unless you're stupid.

Edited by ?!