occult

There are very limited occult skills in this game, so who should I use them on?

You can only get 4 Occult Skills.

Only good skills are Aether (Lord), Luna (Generals and Haldberdiers) and Sol (Paladins and Valkyries).

All the others skills are crap.

Note: Resolve + Wrath is way better than Aether for Ike. If you want, just give Aether to Ike until you get Resolve and Wrath.

You should give occult skill for Ike (Aether), Boyd (Colossus), Ilyana (Flare) and Nephenee (Luna) or be free to choose to whom, I only recommend. :)

What. Boyd? His offense is already overkill, why would he want Colossus?

What. Boyd? His offense is already overkill, why would he want Colossus?

Well just to add more damage on enemies like defeating any enemy in one KO and prevent any damage or deal greater damage on high def enemies.

You can only get 4 Occult Skills.

Only good skills are Aether (Lord), Luna (Generals and Haldberdiers) and Sol (Paladins and Valkyries).

All the others skills are crap.

Note: Resolve + Wrath is way better than Aether for Ike. If you want, just give Aether to Ike until you get Resolve and Wrath.

If you ask me, Luna is very overrated. Halving en enemy's defense sounds cool -- that is, until you realize that most enemies have suck for defense. Also, why would I get rid of Aether in favor of Wrath + Resolve for Ike if Aether on Ike and Wrath/Resolve on someone else >>>> Wrath/Resolve on Ike?

You should give occult skill for Ike (Aether), Boyd (Colossus), Ilyana (Flare) and Nephenee (Luna) or be free to choose to whom, I only recommend. :)

Giving Boyd Colossus is a waste. And Luna? See above.

Well just to add more damage on enemies like defeating any enemy in one KO and prevent any damage or deal greater damage on high def enemies.

Other than the fact that with the damage Boyd deals, giving him Colossus makes no sense whatsoever.

If you ask me, Luna is very overrated. Halving en enemy's defense sounds cool -- that is, until you realize that most enemies have suck for defense. Also, why would I get rid of Aether in favor of Wrath + Resolve for Ike if Aether on Ike and Wrath/Resolve on someone else >>>> Wrath/Resolve on Ike?

Giving Boyd Colossus is a waste. And Luna? See above.

Other than the fact that with the damage Boyd deals, giving him Colossus makes no sense whatsoever.

I only put the occult skill on Boyd because I prefer him to have Colossus than to having Tempest that is really risky.

I just rather that than Aether, and you can kick Ashnard's balls with that.

Though, that is just a player's option.

And i know Luna isn't that great, but compared to all the useless Occult Skills this game gives, that is way better option. And you can't sell them :(.

I only put the occult skill on Boyd because I prefer him to have Colossus than to having Tempest that is really risky.

Other than the fact that I don't really see a paltry 7 damage at most helping Boyd get kilkill enemies that he wouldn't otherwise.

I just rather that than Aether, and you can kick Ashnard's balls with that.

Though, that is just a player's option.

And i know Luna isn't that great, but compared to all the useless Occult Skills this game gives, that is way better option. And you can't sell them :( .

I still fail to see how Luna is a "way better option" when with the exception of generals, wyverns and dragons, most enemies have suck for defense. And the types that Luna WOULD be good against happen to be rather rare. So in the end, I think it's not that much better than Flare.

This discussion is quite funny. I'm hard pressed to find it worth it to use all four Occults. Early playthroughs, all four. Later, three. These past two files? Just two.

I still fail to see how Luna is a "way better option" when with the exception of generals, wyverns and dragons, most enemies have suck for defense. And the types that Luna WOULD be good against happen to be rather rare. So in the end, I think it's not that much better than Flare.

It's way better than lot's of occult skills in this game.

Aether: Best of all of them. No doubt about it

Stun: Since Pegasus have low Str, this may be of use, but it's still a fail.

Flare: IMO, this is just an opposite of Luna, considering that the classes you said above, are nearly the same numbers of magic units around the game (if i'm not correct here, just say it, i haven't played this game in a while.

Sol: Best occult skill (not counting Aether here).

Astra: Pretty bad occult skill, this was made to make you ran out of swords. FAIL.

Colossus: Doing 1.25x damage is worthless, considering that Warriors and Berserkers have 30 Str Cap + Axe.

Deadeye: Skl/2 Activation Rate means FAIL.

Lethality: ...

Roar: Probably the wrost occul skill of all, just because it's just a new command, you cant attack with that so NO.

Cancel: This may help Janaff and Ulki a bit, this is just good.

So considering all the occult skills, Luna is the best one with the exception of Aether and Sol, we can say that Luna is Flare's equal or something.

Edited by Rolanmen1

I agree, Aether in the top, then goes Luna & Flare and it follows Sol, the rest are nice but not as good as the debated ones. I used Colossus on Boyd because I hadn't the habit of having a General nor a Halberdier. I only used Nephenee but I didn't give her Luna because she had Wrath, so for example:

- Nephenee is seriously damaged.

- Counting that she has a good Dodge, she evades most attacks.

- By evading most attacks she was a walking slaughterhouse with her Wrath+Vantage.

But it's also good idea on giving her Luna, as Flare to Ilyana.

I agree, Aether in the top, then goes Luna & Flare and it follows Sol, the rest are nice but not as good as the debated ones. I used Colossus on Boyd because I hadn't the habit of having a General nor a Halberdier. I only used Nephenee but I didn't give her Luna because she had Wrath, so for example:

- Nephenee is seriously damaged.

- Counting that she has a good Dodge, she evades most attacks.

- By evading most attacks she was a walking slaughterhouse with her Wrath+Vantage.

But it's also good idea on giving her Luna, as Flare to Ilyana.

Considering that Nephenee's a bit on the weak side offensively (I think), Wrath would do more for her offense than Luna would. Also, Calill is a character I feel is a good choice for an Occult scroll, since Nihil is practically useless.

Considering that Nephenee's a bit on the weak side offensively (I think), Wrath would do more for her offense than Luna would. Also, Calill is a character I feel is a good choice for an Occult scroll, since Nihil is practically useless.

I've found Nihil useful on rare occasions. For example, the Ch25 has Resolve, Calill can double and kill him with Blizzard because Resolve doesn't activate when she attacks. It is uncommon to find uses for it though.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I've found Nihil useful on rare occasions. For example, the Ch25 has Resolve, Calill can double and kill him with Blizzard because Resolve doesn't activate when she attacks. It is uncommon to find uses for it though.

On hard mode, maybe. But on other modes, it's not like going from 11 speed to 16 will save him. Other than that, though, there isn't really much use for Nihil...

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

Stun: Since Pegasus have low Str, this may be of use, but it's still a fail.

What about on Jill?

On Jill and Haar's case, it won't work, they are already overkill, Haar havin 29 Str, and Jill having 27 Str + Axes, why putting such worthless skill on them?

Edited by Rolanmen1

Well on HM, sometimes Jill will get one powerful attack off on an enemy, leaving it useless and mostly dead. It's there for Volke or something to finish it off. Other than those rare cases, meh.

On Jill and Haar's case, it won't work, they are already overkill, Haar havin 29 Str, and Jill having 27 Str + Axes, why putting such worthless skill on them?
Um no they don't. I don't think either of them get their max strength on average.

I somehow always give one of the many leftover Occult skills to Volke just because I like the animation that occurs when he uses it.

Yeah, I turn on animations from time to time. D8

Nothings wrong with animations. I give certain characters animations all the time (Ike, 3 brothers & volke)

Aether is clearly the best occult skill. Next best I think is Sol, maybe Luna/Flare after that. But there's a bunch of paladins in this game, you could give Ike Aether and 3 of the pallys sol. The rest of the skills are meh. Personally I give Volke Lethality cuz it looks cool B) but whatever

I end up using Aether and Lethality as definites (Aether for its Black Knight-killing ability and, later, for handling Ashnard; Lethality for its cool animation and because a guaranteed OHKO, no matter the infrequency of activation, is nice to have). The assignment of the other scrolls depends on who I use in my party.

Admittedly, the Occult skills are pretty bad in this game.