List of removed support conversations

I think this is the third FE10 support-related topic of recent days. I was going to throw this into my other support topic, but I thought it would catch more attention as its own topic.

Anyway, it seems the developers were originally going to include full length support conversations (like the ones in the previous three games) instead of the watered down ones that you see now.

You can tell because lying unused in the game files is a file that greatly resembles the FE9 support conversation file (I can't believe it escaped my notice for so long though). Just like case of the scrapped support conversations in FE9, there are sadly no actual conversations stored in the file - just unfinished code and labels.

One major difference is that there are only labels for A-rank supports, so it's likely the developers intended to utilise the current "everybody supports" system, but have special conversations for certain pairs when they reach the A-level support (an idea that I think some people suggest). That's just my guess though.

The list of support pairs can be found here.

It's a pretty long list and I'd bet it's the longest supports list so far. Although this time there's only one support conversation per pair, and not three like previously. I'm too lazy to count each pair so I don't know how it compares exactly.

I also wonder if any of this spilled over to the final support system? I see a Fiona x Danved support, so maybe...

Edited by VincentASM

Holy shit, seriously!? *field day* Oh man, the connections to dream up! Tragedy it never made it to the final game, but...

Lessee now...*delves*

AranxMakalov would be fucking hilarious.

LolCalillxHeather

ShinonxSigrun???

I actually think SanakixEdward would be rather interesting, as would Stefan

LolHaarxVolug. Most hilarious in implimentation AND conversation.

HawHaw, RhysxNailah. Nailah loves her some pretty bitches.

RanulfxZihark? Interesting...

RenningxVika?

Lol, LeoxSkrimir

LyrexZihark, someone's got a thing for catgirls.

Ohshi-Mak and Naesala

I can't imagine MarciaxUlki...

NasirxVolke?

LethexSanaki, ohshi-

goddammit, this looks so much more interesting through this scope...Why did RD have to be rushed? T.T

Edited by Pretty Boi Wolf

Nooooooooooooo!

They probably did it so that they wouldn't need to have a bursting support conversation area where you could view all the A supports.

Looks like this is going to become a great way to do bloopers.

Nooooooooooooo!

They probably did it so that they wouldn't need to have a bursting support conversation area where you could view all the A supports.

Looks like this is going to become a great way to do bloopers.

Fuck that, it's a great way to do supports themselves!

I can see where Gatrie X Rafiel is going.

Shinon hitting on Sigrun would be pretty hilarious.

Ilyana always asking Oscar for more and more food...

Oh well, that's too bad. I also noticed a good amount of FE 9 unused pairings came back, like Ike X Zihark.

Does this list correspond to those supports that have FFs instead of 00s?

I haven't checked to see if the supports match with the FFs in the data, but it seems not. I think this list is missing Micaiah x Sanaki and also Danved has more supports than just with Fiona.

It's funny, but most of the support partners are from FE9.(Just a guess)

Many of the pairs do seem to be lifted straight from FE9. The first few times I looked through the file, I mistaked it for the FE9 support file (it wouldn't be that surprising since many FE9 files are left in).

Anyway, now that we have a number, I figured I'd compare it to the previous games.

FE6: 143 x 3 = 429

FE7: 115 x 3 = 345

FE8: 83 x 3 = 249

FE9: 68 x 3 = 204

FE10: 334

So it's only a little bit less than FE7's supports. It's also amusing how the number of supports has gradually decreased in the newer games. I wonder if IS really was getting bored with them? : o

Edited by VincentASM

So many of them would be interesting... like TibarnXMia. I'm mostly curious what they'd talk about.

Mia: Ah ha you must be my arch rival!

Tibarn: ?

Mia: Die!

*Tibarn refuses to fight in human form and gets beaten up*

Mia: I've bested you!

and other stuff like the Dawn Brigade ones. Example Edward and Stefan.

Edward: Wow you're really good!

Stefan: Thank you.

Edward: Could you train me?

Stefan: *laughs* Hell no!

EnaXLeanne...

Ena: Greetings Heron

Leanne: ...

Ena: ...

Leanne: ...

HaarX Pelleas would also be interesting.

Does this list correspond to those supports that have FFs instead of 00s?

I haven't checked to see if the supports match with the FFs in the data, but it seems not. I think this list is missing Micaiah x Sanaki and also Danved has more supports than just with Fiona.

It appears the supports are listed one way. I found all of Danved's FF supports but not his 00 supports with Rolf and Mist. However, Micaiah x Sanaki is missing as well as Ike x Rafiel and Ike x Leanne which are all FF supports. There are 00's listed in other areas. At best it looks similar but inconsistent, or maybe just incomplete.

It seems we are looking at pieces of different ideas. While this support list may be intended just for A supports, I'll stick with my earlier theory that the FF supports were for C, B and A support conversations similar to PoR.

reading over the list more closely makes me lament the loss of support convos in FE10 yet again. so many intriguing pairs. all of heather's would've been hilarious (vika, mist, lucia ... and volke as someone already pointed out). i find the dawn brigade pairs to be the most intriguing since we know so little about them. Fiona x Danved, Laura x Nealuchi, Laura x Tanith, Leonardo x Pelleas, Meg x Astrid, Leanne x Leonardo ... the mind boggles.

the natural question is: how many of you are (geekily) going to specifically use these pairs in your next playthroughs and make up your own elaborate convos? i know i am! haha.

• 1 month later...