favorite class

Oujay

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I group my favorite classes into..well...classes!

1. Sword users (Myrmidons, Swordmasters, Trueblades, Mercenaries, Heroes, Sword-using Lords)

2. Axe users (non-GBA Fighters, Warriors, Reavers, Pirates, Berserkers, Hector)

3. Flying units (Pegasus Knights, Falcoknights, Wyvern Riders/Lords etc.)

Special mention goes to FE10's Halberdiers and Sentinels. Despite using lances, their awesome and would love if they became a mainstay of Fire Emblem.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Halberdiers/Sentinels

Can survive better then Swordmasters/Trueblades, but can actually dodge/double/hit things in a decent number of situations, unlike the Warriors/Berserkers/Reavers.

2. Snipers

High hit makes them very reliable for the purpose of finishing off an enemy and can weaken foes from a safe distance. Also, excellent mage killers

3.Druids/Dark Sages/whatever.

I just like Dark Magic. Highest damage of all Magics, and usually comes with a cool effect.

4. Dracoknights

Damage monsters that can take a beating and traverse half the map in 1 move when they please. Canto letting them hit and retreat to a healer if needed is just a bonus.

5. Armors/Generals

Capable of surviving a truck load of punishment, acting as barriers to protect your squishier allies and they can deal some damage too.

6. Dancers/Bards/Herons

Lets my best units attack again.

7. Freelancers

2! 2 Gamebreakers! Eh! Eh! Eh!

8. Saints

Heal damage, and defeat enemy Dark Magic users.

9. Manaketes

I love the way FESD handled these, so I use that game's name for them. Great stats, useful for killing an enemy that's too strong to risk other units against.

10. Heroes

Fighters that can dodge, double, and use swords.

11. Assassins/Rouges

Free healing items and the ability to take enemy weapons, high dodge rates, and possible instant KO criticals.

12. Pegasus Knights

Dracoknights that trade HP for RES and STR for SPD. I prefer the meatier DKs, but the winged horse riding chicks are still good units.

1. Great Knights- For one, they LOOK badass. Two, they are the best axe, sword, and possibly lance users in the entire game, rivaled only by Great Lord Ephraim. GREAT caps, with mount advantages and six move and access to amazing characters.

There isn't really anything that can rival GK's. Except mages, but lolmages.

2. Dragon/Wyvern Riders- Well, they've always been favored over their flightier brethren by IS, it's plain to see. Other than that, plenty of awesome characters (Haar, Jill, Dean, Cormag, etc), and amazing stats that work in its favor: lower SPD than Falcoknights but gains MUCH more power as well as HP. They both get access to lances anyway, so why use lightweights when you can use the BIG GAIZ?

3. Berserkers- Every game they've been in hasn't featured amazing characters save Gonzales. FEDS doesn't count. So, high STR cap, access to axes, a crit bonus, and Waterwalk? Er, sounds like a slaughter sir.

4. Generals- Oh my Gundam Techs. What happened? The days of hard-hitting heavy-stepping behemoths are gone and replaced with... SENTINELS. blech...

5. Dark Mage- The only branch of class I actually LIKE is sadly the shittiest. In terms of characters (Best is Canas...), weapons (How does a book weigh 18 ANYTHINGS?), and stats. PLEASE MAKE THEM TANK IS. PLEASE GIVE THEM DEF IN LIEU OF SHITTY RES. Please give them a high MAG stat but a low SKL stat. And make their SPD average.

Sword wielders in general (Come on, how can you say no to SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!!!!!!!111!!1eleven!)

Any Lord~ (Yes, even Leaf, Roy, Lyn and Micaiah)

Zerkers (Sexy crit boost ftw)

Heroes (lolI dodge everything, take little damage from what hits me, have WTN at the least, and can double and probably ORKO you in return)

Peg Knights (I happen to like them better than DKs. I'm just weird that way ^_^)

Haar (Besides this guy)

This is a tough decision, I like pretty much every combat class except for thieves and archers. They all have their moments when they shine. I suppose I like horse archers and their various derivatives best if we're not talking what's objectively best. In that case sages usually dominate.

Nephinel's favorite classes are:

1) Sentinel (cuz Nephenee can become one in Radiant Dawn, and I :wub: Sentinel!Nephenee)

2) Hero

3) Wyvern Knight

4) Berserker

5) Sniper

6) Sage

7) Assassin :ph34r:

Edited by Nephinel

Archer derivatives

Mercenary derivatives (including Ike)

Cavaliers, but not the Weapon Knights of 9/10.

Sages

Druids

and for good measure, Pirates and Berserkers.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Wyvern classes.

Edited by Furetchen