favorite class

Oujay

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess my favorite class would be sage but I have a soft spot for archers/snipers as well (Nobody likes them)

Thats because nomads/rangers outclassed them in the GBA games. Rolf and Shinon in FE9/10 (and the Ichival users in FE4) are sheer awesome, however.

Those who state they fail because can't counterattack in the enemy phase aren't using them right, by and the by.

Edited by eharper256

I guess my favorite class would be sage but I have a soft spot for archers/snipers as well (Nobody likes them)

Thats because nomads/rangers outclassed them in the GBA games. Rolf and Shinon in FE9/10 (and the Ichival users in FE4) are sheer awesome, however.

Those who state they fail because can't counterattack in the enemy phase aren't using them right, by and the by.

As for Rolf and Shinon being awesome in FE9..... No. Rolf's hard to raise and doesn't even turn out good for all the effort you have to put into him. Shinon isn't much better.

As for Rolf and Shinon being awesome in FE9..... No. Rolf's hard to raise and doesn't even turn out good for all the effort you have to put into him. Shinon isn't much better.

Its easy for Rolf to get to level 6-7 in the first level you get him, equalising his level disadvantage (the same can't be said for Mist, sadly). He also arrives just prior to a point where an archer is really needed to take out crows, (especially if, like me, you refuse to use Soren) and gets bukakke experience from that, so I don't see how that equals hard to raise. Fragile, perhaps, and certainly a small amount of babying is required, but not hard.

Shinon is invincible at the start of FE9. I'll concede hes not much good after you get him back. My Rolf is nearly always at least an equaivalent sniper by that point. In his case, its more the FE10 version I was referring to.

Its easy for Rolf to get to level 6-7 in the first level you get him, equalising his level disadvantage (the same can't be said for Mist, sadly). He also arrives just prior to a point where an archer is really needed to take out crows, (especially if, like me, you refuse to use Soren) and gets bukakke experience from that, so I don't see how that equals hard to raise. Fragile, perhaps, and certainly a small amount of babying is required, but not hard.

Shinon is invincible at the start of FE9. I'll concede hes not much good after you get him back. My Rolf is nearly always at least an equaivalent sniper by that point. In his case, its more the FE10 version I was referring to.

First bold: Bullshit. That'd require having Rolf kill just about everything on the map, and I'd like to feed Marcia some kills to get her started, thank you very much. Also, I'm sure Ilyana would also like some kills.

Second bold: Never mind the fact that I get a Laguzslayer the chapter before that (and can potentially steal another from the boss).

Third bold: Um... WTF???

Fourth bold: Understatement/10. "A small amount of babying"??? What??

As to Shinon, I'll concede that he's awesome in the earlygame.

Edited by Richter Renard

First bold: Bullshit. That'd require having Rolf kill just about everything on the map, and I'd like to feed Marcia some kills to get her started, thank you very much. Also, I'm sure Ilyana would also like some kills.

Second bold: Never mind the fact that I get a Laguzslayer the chapter before that (and can potentially steal another from the boss).

Yep, about 80% of the kills are his, indeed. He gains a level from killing the boss too. Ah, well, I don't use Marcia except as a transport in the prison break level, so thats that explained then (I wait for Jill for flyer needs).

Illyana often gains a level in the previous chapter since recruiting her early is a good idea, and is usually fed built up BEXP for me, then I actually start using her next chapter since Rolf is more urgent.

Yeah, Mia can hold the Laguzslayer indeed, but having that as the only option to kill crows seems limited.

Its probably better if don't explain Bukakke to you. ROFL. :P

After he's caught up, its no longer babying is it? So a small amount of babying in this level and thats it.

Besides, these are just my habits. No need to fly off the handle. I like FE9/10 Archers/Snipers and think Rolf is a great unit. You do not. End of story.

Edited by eharper256

I'm sure most of us know what bukkake is, and I'm sure most of us know that you're not using it correctly.

(facepalm) A 'big splatter' or 'giant mess' of experience was the idea for the metaphor. 'Tis just a connotation, an image to invoke. It doesn't neccesarily have to apply to male reproductive fluids, dude.

Yep, about 80% of the kills are his, indeed. He gains a level from killing the boss too. Ah, well, I don't use Marcia except as a transport in the prison break level, so thats that explained then (I wait for Jill for flyer needs).

Illyana often gains a level in the previous chapter since recruiting her early is a good idea, and is usually fed built up BEXP for me, then I actually start using her next chapter since Rolf is more urgent.

Yeah, Mia can hold the Laguzslayer indeed, but having that as the only option to kill crows seems limited.

Its probably better if don't explain Bukakke to you. ROFL. :P

After he's caught up, its no longer babying is it? So a small amount of babying in this level and thats it.

Besides, these are just my habits. No need to fly off the handle. I like FE9/10 Archers/Snipers and think Rolf is a great unit. You do not. End of story.

My first point was to illustrate the point that there are other underleveled units that'd like some of that experience as well, most joining around the same time as Rolf himself. But 80% of the kills for Rolf?! Are you kidding? Also, personally, I don't even bother with stealth because it's just too much hassle, and getting caught means that I can get a bunch of experience - likely more than the BEXP that I could get for stealth.

As to the Laguzslayer, it's not just Mia who can use it. Plus, it's not as if Rolf's the only one who gains tons of experience for killing a raven.

Very funny... Trying to pass off Rolf getting about 80% of the kills in his joining chapter as "a small amount of babying"?? Understatement of the century. In fact, that's also knows as babying and favoritism.

<shrugs> I figure one level with many kills given < many levels giving some kills in babying terms, but your mileage may vary.

You don't want to give Ike the Laguzslayer since you want to prevent him getting too much XP. So theres Mia or Zihark, right? On a side note, Lol I'm sure Zihark would find having a Laguzslayer morally objectionable given his character. :D

Actually, doing the stealth level successfully gives 800 BEXP or something ludicrous like that. Even if that's just eight level ups (I think its more, actually), the BEXP is controllable compared to the RNG, making it pretty valuable.

Edited by eharper256

<shrugs> I figure one level with many kills given < many levels giving some kills in babying terms, but your mileage may vary.

You don't want to give Ike the Laguzslayer since you want to prevent him getting too much XP. So theres Mia or Zihark, right? On a side note, Lol I'm sure Zihark would find having a Laguzslayer morally objectionable given his character. :D

Actually, doing the stealth level successfully gives 800 BEXP or something ludicrous like that. Even if that's just eight level ups (I think its more, actually), the BEXP is controllable compared to the RNG, making it pretty valuable.

But that doesn't explain how you casually tried to pass off Rolf getting about 80% of the kills as "a small amount of babying". And I'm afraid that Rolf requires far more babying that that to become "good". And now I'm getting suspicious that you play on Easy mode.

I usually don't even get Ike's level maxed out until sometime in chapter 16 or the first 2 parts of chapter 17, so I have no real idea what you're talking about.

Even so, the fact remains that I can rival (and even surpass) that amount of BEXP by fighting my way through. Especially since among the enemies are two promoted enemies that offer really good experience when killed (one of them being the boss), and the treasures around him are something that I'd rather not pass up. And the 4000 gold for the Statue Frag. And again, I find stealth too much of a hassle to even bother with.

But that doesn't explain how you casually tried to pass off Rolf getting about 80% of the kills as "a small amount of babying". And I'm afraid that Rolf requires far more babying that that to become "good". And now I'm getting suspicious that you play on Easy mode.

I usually don't even get Ike's level maxed out until sometime in chapter 16 or the first 2 parts of chapter 17, so I have no real idea what you're talking about.

Even so, the fact remains that I can rival (and even surpass) that amount of BEXP by fighting my way through. Especially since among the enemies are two promoted enemies that offer really good experience when killed (one of them being the boss), and the treasures around him are something that I'd rather not pass up. And the 4000 gold for the Statue Frag. And again, I find stealth too much of a hassle to even bother with.

you only lose 1 you don't lose out on 2 promoted onces (only one, the boss is killable without going out of stealth)

and all the treasure IS stealable

you only lose 1 you don't lose out on 2 promoted onces (only one, the boss is killable without going out of stealth)

and all the treasure IS stealable

Even so, to be blunt, I think stealth missions and Fire Emblem just don't mix.

My first playthrough is often easy mode; allows more appreciation of the plot. So yeah, 1 in 3 of my playthroughs have hence been on easy mode. I suppose that might taint my experience, but that easy playthrough was years ago, the last two have been on normal.

Besides, I'm of the philosophy that victories are far more satisfying than challenges. I'll calmly admit to have never played a Hard Mode or Maniac Mode, and I played Thracia with the 'Raised Caps to 30' mod applied. I'm quite sure that, if I did play on Hard, I would indeed probably discard Rolf for being too much effort.

You can still be stealthy, recruit everyone, kill the Boss, finish in 30 turns and get every bit of treasure on that level, as Mr. Cold points out. I usually let Illyana kill the boss with Oscar carrying her there.

Anouleth: Goody! Another person like Sentinels!

My first playthrough is often easy mode; allows more appreciation of the plot. So yeah, 1 in 3 of my playthroughs have hence been on easy mode. I suppose that might taint my experience, but that easy playthrough was years ago, the last two have been on normal.

Besides, I'm of the philosophy that victories are far more satisfying than challenges. I'll calmly admit to have never played a Hard Mode or Maniac Mode, and I played Thracia with the 'Raised Caps to 30' mod applied. I'm quite sure that, if I did play on Hard, I would indeed probably discard Rolf for being too much effort.

You can still be stealthy, recruit everyone, kill the Boss, finish in 30 turns and get every bit of treasure on that level, as Mr. Cold points out. I usually let Illyana kill the boss with Oscar carrying her there.

Ok.

...I see.

Again, I'll just have to be blunt: Stealth and Fire Emblem just don't mesh together in any way, shape, or form.

Any female character!

Hmm... My favorite classes would be as follows:

1) Pegasus Knight/Falcon Knight - Always has a really cute girl

2) Myrmidon/Swordmaster - I dunno... Edward kinda made me like this class even more. That and for some reason gives me the Stupid Sexy Flanders vibe... >_>

3) Mage/Sage - Always has a cute girl.

4) Wyvern Knight/Wyvern Lord - Always has a badass.

5) Cleric/Bishop - Always has a cute/beautiful girl.

Ok.

...I see.

Again, I'll just have to be blunt: Stealth and Fire Emblem just don't mesh together in any way, shape, or form.

I disagree, stealth ADDS to the tactical part, I liked it (altho, I do prefer to rampage my way through, but it's a nice change of pace imo)

+ it's not required