what %age of the games you play are RPGs or SRPGs?

geozeldadude

curious about if FE fans only like RPGs or play everything else. the # of RPGs/SRPGs i play is pretty small, probably less than 10% of the games i play. they just take up so much frickin' time, and i've gotten pretty tired of turn-based battles and pointless sidequests. FE is actually the great exception, b/c the stories/characters/gameplay are all so great.

It used to be around 20% a long time ago, but now it's probably 80% or higher.

I suppose I've always been a RPG fan, but early on I struggled with them due to their difficulty and crypticness (I remember getting stuck against the first boss of Illusion of Time/Gaia and having to "explore" the rest of the game using the mini walkthrough that was included in the manual). Now that I'm a bit older, they're usually no problem to beat.

Until Metroid comes back with games I like (IE anything but Prime), the only non-RPG series I follow is Castlevania. I also download quite a few things on Virtual Console and the games I play with friends are rarely turn based. I'd say 40%, since I don't play games by myself that much anymore. I hope to change that and replace this machine so I can play TF2.

Because you're saving so much time by typing percentage as "%age," right?

I want to rake my talons across your face so much, I can hardly control myself.

Percentages...? I don't know 60-ish? I play a little of everything but most of the time RPGs and some SRPGs but I prefer Fire Emblem for my SRPG fix since it was first SRPG.

Almost none. Maybe 10%. FE was one of the first RPGs I played, and I have a hard time playing other ones now that I've played FE so much. I really, really suck at Advance Wars, for example. The only RPGs I play a lot are the Pokemon games.

I remember when I was playing BoF 1 and I had no clue I needed the W. Ant to get Nina's memory restored and I was out looking everywhere. RPGs as of today kinda like Vincent takes up a good chunk of my gameplay around 75%ish for me. I'll take some time with a few fighting games and maybe an action game like Afro Samurai ATM.