FE5 Playthrough Log

grandjackal

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just warped Asvel w/Graphcalibur into a group of enemies, and every single counterattack was a critical. Either that 75% chance is happening quite a bit, or critical is uncapped.

The group consisted of 15 enemies. The only counterattack that wasn't a critical missed.

Edited by IOS

Dead positive. I remember it clearly against the chapter boss of...The Cyrus chapter not 22. Asvel attacked, Continued of which he missed, landed the third blow of which wasn't a crit.

Was this with Graphcalibur? And you're talking about Chapter 17A, the one with Misha?

Edited by ?!

Dead positive. I remember it clearly against the chapter boss of...The Cyrus chapter not 22. Asvel attacked, Continued of which he missed, landed the third blow of which wasn't a crit.

Was this with Graphcalibur? And you're talking about Chapter 17A, the one with Misha?

The one with Misha, and I'd never dream of an assassination without Glyphcalibur.

Maybe thrones negate crit to some extent?

Yes, if it was say...Wind instead of Graphcalibur, there would be a 10% chance of the counterattack not being a critical.

EDIT: Repeated the test by restarting the chapter, and messing with the config to change up the RNG. Again, the only time a counterattack wasn't a critical was when he missed (Which only happened once). I'll do the test one more time, changing the RNG again.

The one with Misha, and I'd never dream of an assassination without Glyphcalibur.

Maybe thrones negate crit to some extent?

That or you remember it wrong... I for one don't remember a pursuit with Graphcalibur not being a critical even when it comes to bosses on thrones.

I just warped Asvel w/Graphcalibur into a group of enemies, and every single counterattack was a critical. Either that 75% chance is happening quite a bit, or critical is uncapped.

The group consisted of 15 enemies. The only counterattack that wasn't a critical missed.

Crit is only capped at 25 at the first attack of the attacker, not that of the defender. The defender's first attack uses exactly the Crt rate that he actually has (unless the order in which attacker and defender attack is changed by Ambush - Ambush always makes the unit with Ambush the attacker, which also is the reason for why units with Ambush always trigger an enemy's Wrath skill. Quite annoying against those dudes in the final chapter). The PCC applies on pursuit attacks though, no matter if they're of the attacker or defender.

Does it now? Interesting. BTW, tested a third time, and every single counterattack was a critical. I'm willing to bet that there is no cap on the counterattack now. That is quite weird with Robo-Ky's claim, but 45 enemies later, you would of thought that a 25% chance to not critical would of occurred at least once.

Edited by IOS

Crit is only capped at 25 at the first attack of the attacker, not that of the defender. The defender's first attack uses exactly the Crt rate that he actually has (unless the order in which attacker and defender attack is changed by Ambush - Ambush always makes the unit with Ambush the attacker, which also is the reason for why units with Ambush always trigger an enemy's Wrath skill. Quite annoying against those dudes in the final chapter). The PCC applies on pursuit attacks though, no matter if they're of the attacker or defender.

So what you're saying is that if Asvel without Ambush were attacked, his first attack would be at a 60% (20 SKL + 40 from Graphcalibur) - Enemy's LCK/2? From what I've seen, that hasn't been the case and then there's also this:

Example 2: Mareeta being attacked by an enemy

Enemy's first attack (non-Pursuit attack), maximum battle critical rate is 25

Mareeta's first attack (non-Pursuit attack), maximum battle critical rate is 25

Mareeta activates Continue or is using a consecutive attack sword (non Pursuit attack), maximum battle critical rate is 25

Mareeta's second attack- Shooting Star Sword activates. All five strikes (Pursuit attacks) have a maximum battle critical rate of 100

Tried the Asvel test a fourth time. There must be some misunderstanding Robo-Ky. Every single PCC attack that hit was a critical. I don't know if thrones have anything to do with it, but critical goes by the base value on the counterattack. About 40 enemies didn't die on the first hit (or continue hit), so there is a 1-(.25^40) or 99.9999999999999999999917281939% chance that this is the case (That probably sounded extremely nerdy, but who cares :P )

Technically though, there is never a 100% chance to critical, as there is always the chance to miss an attack.

Edited by IOS

So what you're saying is that if Asvel without Ambush were attacked, his first attack would be at a 60% (20 SKL + 40 from Graphcalibur) - Enemy's LCK/2? From what I've seen, that hasn't been the case and then there's also this:

Yes, that's what I meant to say.

Example 2: Mareeta being attacked by an enemy

Enemy's first attack (non-Pursuit attack), maximum battle critical rate is 25

Mareeta's first attack (non-Pursuit attack), maximum battle critical rate is 25

Mareeta activates Continue or is using a consecutive attack sword (non Pursuit attack), maximum battle critical rate is 25

Mareeta's second attack- Shooting Star Sword activates. All five strikes (Pursuit attacks) have a maximum battle critical rate of 100

Well... I guess I must have imagined it or something.

I just tested Asvel's critical against the boss of chapter 17A. In ten individual tests, Asvel did a critical on every single counterattack. The only times where he didn't is when he missed. I think its safe to say that critical is uncapped on the counter attack, whether the enemy is on a throne or not.