FE5 Playthrough Log

grandjackal

Chapter 15

Really simple map. Really, I've not much to say other than bring your 3 fliers and whoever you want to adjust things. This really just is a "Get errands done" map. Gave Marty Wrath, promoted Machua (So awesome she has just the right con to wield iron axes without loss). Got the houses, saved the church. Did a bit of capturing for a couple steel axes, as I was running low on axes. That's all she wrote, folks.

If you're using Mareeta though, do note that Shanam appears at some point, of which you have her talk to him to get her the ever-beloved Shooting Star Strike.

Machua-14/1

HP: 33 ,Str: 11, Mag: 5, Skill: 16, Speed: 19, Luck: 11, Def: 11, Con: 10, Move: 6

I feel I should give her a skill. Should she get Solar Strike? Oh, I should mention I'm going A route.

Edited by Robo Ky

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Othin is better with the Solar manual. Hmm did you already used up the elite manual? (could give it to Machua if you want or the 2x hit manual in chapter 18)

My Othin got screwed unfortunately. However, giving her Adept is a pretty good idea, due to ambush.

You can't promote at level 8, dude. Come on Rody...

Chapter 16

Know how satisfying it is to see Machua with an iron axe one shot pegasi?

Brought Team: Machua, Asvel, Parn, Dean, Homeros, Laura, Marty, Nanna, Karin, Saphy, Salem, Fin, Tina, Tanya, Olwen

First things first, killed off Olwen to get Eryios, mainly because I didn't wanna waste thief staff on him. Had Salem magic up Tina to nab yet another master lance off the boss.

Rather straightforward and simple map, basically you have your fliers transport everyone everywhere. You can easily get through this without the warp staff. Thief'd me a sleep sword as suggested. Trying to train up Machua to get the axe rank up so I can have her use hand axes, and thus have a more common range option. I mean damn, only reason she'd want to use swords is if it's got special effects. Axes do her some nice favors.

Second part is Kempuf's group with the ballistae. 5 ballistae LOOKS intimidating, but you'd be surprised how well the King's Sword+Charisma helps. Another thing was I had people take the southern path (Fin and Tanya), so they snuck around and took out some of the ballistae in a sneak attack, as mainly they were distracted by my main group. Fin with the brave lance and forest is hard enough to hit. Southern house, used it to promote Tanya (she needed it more than Fin did), and she was just able to pull off the same kind of dodge he would with the damn brave lance equipped. Tanya has another advantage, ballistae have a damn hard time hitting her. Anyways, they took out Kempuf and his ballistae while my main group punched his force in the face. They are such a joke, seriously. Nabbed me the thunder tomes off the mages. I had too, I'm running dangerously low on magic. Homeros is one round of combat away from having no option to fight with ;;>> Saved by the bell I guess.

As for the boss, Eyrios just flat out one shotted an armor with Tron (seriously, who else is gonna be using these any time soon?), Salem took out another, and Fin+Tanya captured another for a killer lance. The boss without his precious Master Lance is a sitting duck. Lol, Salem got the boss kill with Jormungand.

Pretty damn easy. If I could only say that about the next map...

Turn Count: 18. I did lag a bit at the ballistae (bit of movement screw ups), but otherwise it went swimmingly. You could do faster though.

Levels

Parn-7

HP: 26, Str: 9, Mag: 3, Skill: 10, Speed: 17, Luck: 14, Def: 6, Con: 8, Move: 7

Homeros-14

HP: 31, Str: 0, Mag: 10, Skill: 7, Speed: 17, Luck: 15, Def: 3, Con: 5, Move: 6 -Will be promoting

Nanna-15

HP: 29, Str: 8, Mag: 8, Skill: 13, Speed: 11, Luck: 14, Def: 7, Con: 6, Move: 10

Salem-16

HP: 29, Str: 1, Mag: 12, Skill: 11, Speed: 13, Luck: 5, Def: 4, Con: 5, Move: 7-Will be promoting

Fin-18

HP: 34, Str: 11, Mag: 2, Skill: 12, Speed: 14, Luck: 9, Def: 12, Con: 10, Move: 8-I think it's about time to promote him, ya?

Tanya-14/2

HP: 33, Str: 9, Mag: 6, Skill: 12, Speed: 20, Luck: 18, Def: 8, Con: 6, Move: 8

For the Ballistae, I just warp Asvel in the nearby forest to take care of them and move on to the fort once it's open. Eyrios helps him out with Bolting after M Up.

I was just gonna warp/rescue Asvel to kill the boss to shave off 5 authority stars then go through the chapter normally. Will keep that in mind though. I actually might use Eryios this playthrough when guys are under fatigue. He's got a great weapon selection, balanced stats, perfectly usable when others are under fatigue. Now I sort of regret giving Wrath to Marty. Oh well, Eryios has many other uses, he doesn't have to care about enemy phase.

Will be bringing Nanna and Glade along with Fin. Why? Well War/Rescue killing the boss shaves off 5 stars. Cyrus shows up with his...12 stars, was it? Well Leaf with his 2 stars, King Sword making it 3, Charisma making it 4, Nanna making it 5, Glade making it 6 shaves it down to 6, which is far more manageable. Will be bringing Dean to help faster take care of those armor pains on the left side. Basically when Cyrus shows up, I want nothing but a clean nice path to the castle so I can just Dance Leaf up there instead of going through the throws of the ballistae and sniper mages. You could take them out, but you can also ignore them.

Only problem I have are those fucker dark mages up north. How do I capture that bishop in one turn? I KNOW I'm bringing Dean for this one...

@ Rody: Oh. Well...She gets 3 Str and some con on promotion, and you get axes. Certainly helps her greatly. I'd definitely recommend it.

Edited by Robo Ky

If you mean the dark bishop, you probably want to put him to sleep. I remember Dean having trouble capturing the bastard and he will use Warp >_>

Cyas has 10 Stars and I think Nicarf has some as well.

Ahhh, right. So, just gotta pull out my sleep staff, and *sleep staff is broken from Salem abusing it in chapter 13* FUUUUUUUUUUU-

4's much easier to handle. Nicarf's only got 5, but it won't matter because he'll be dead by the time Cyrus shows up.

Chapter 17

Ugh...This went terribly. I got through it fine and safe, problem is I had to take a huge dump on all my resources. Broke my warp and rescue staffs because I couldn't reconfigure the beginning placement (I could have solved so much if I could have), as I had to warp Leaf to the throne after all (I didn't notice there's a big wall blocking me from the throne, I crossed the bridge and Cyrus STILL didn't leave) and had to warp Halvan to capture the bishop because SOMEONE just didn't want to hit him! Whatever, still captured the bishop (do remember to give Dean some holy water, found a way to keep him form warping is to let him snipe at someone with Fenrir, of which he is utterly defenseless to capture), so I still got 2 more staffs. Way I'm playing, I can't imagine needing more than this.

Warp/Rescued Asvel to kill the boss so I could run around the chapter to gether it's resources. Got some people some levels, ya know whatever. Chapter is empty otherwise.

Get to the armor knight unit. I ALMOST had Dean there to rape with his dragon lance, but the VERY TURN he got there, Cyrus shows up! Dean was just a fucking failure this map, thus why he was lagging that bad. Stupid bastard. BUT, I was wise to bring Glade with me along with Nanna and Fin! You see, with them around? Was just like I was fighting at Tahra! My evade was good enough, wasn't missing frequently, I took out the armor unit in 1 turn. So ladies and gentlemen, leadership can in fact make a big difference here.

Bought a couple silver lances, because I figure Fin's Brave Lance is gonna break again pretty soon. With all the Rewarp and Jormungand and Stamina Drinks I've sold, I'm somewhere in the 20,000. I can buy whatever the hell I want at this point.

I seriously might redo this map. Forgot to even bring the Restore staffs for the sleep. Figured he'd just bomb low res people...Was about to Thunderstorm the ballistae...But he put Eryios to sleep. Fucker ruining my strategy. So yeah, do bring restore staffs if you aren't just gonna warp skip. This just went horribly.

...Dammit, I forgot to promote people! *facepalm*

I don't care to show levels, as I might just redo the chapter.

Edited by Robo Ky

I think Cyas leaves if you attack him. Try having Eyrios Bolting him next time once he shows up.

Also, the first time I played this chapter, I was surprised that the armors had movement stars.

Edited by dondon151

I think Cyas leaves if you attack him. Try having Eyrios Bolting him next time once he shows up.

He doesn't. I attacked the bastard several times while he was around and it appears that he leaves after a certain amount of turns. You can't Silence the bastard either so if he shows up, Sleep will happen.

You are a little bitch and Cyas will prove it to you. You can't do shit to that smug bastard. I'm not sure if approaching him helps hasten his retreat, but it couldn't hurt to try (well, it could if your unit gets killed). I believe you can jack the staves Coen has in 22, but Cyas you just have to ride out with Restores. I presume this holds every time he appears.

EDIT: Just to clarify, that's the generic "you" which includes everyone playing Thracia, myself included. We're all pretty much Cyas's bitch. :(

Edited by Renall

He doesn't. I attacked the bastard several times while he was around and it appears that he leaves after a certain amount of turns. You can't Silence the bastard either so if he shows up, Sleep will happen.

OK. I must have gotten this Cyas confused with the one that appears later.

I don't think you can. Sleep/Silence/Berserk doesn't work on him no matter what and Thief Staff couldn't target Barat so it's likely that it won't target Cyas either.

Eh? I haven't try to use Thief of Cyas, but I'm pretty sure I had use it on Barat before. =o

I don't think you can. Sleep/Silence/Berserk doesn't work on him no matter what and Thief Staff couldn't target Barat so it's likely that it won't target Cyas either.

Eh? I haven't try to use Thief of Cyas, but I'm pretty sure I had use it on Barat before. =o

It's either a patch glitch, one of us is remembering it wrong or Barat's got some kind of immunity to stuff in the first few turns because Tina couldn't target him with Thief Staff and no matter how much I tried, the bastard lived through every single assault in first few turns.

It's either a patch glitch, one of us is remembering it wrong or Barat's got some kind of immunity to stuff in the first few turns because Tina couldn't target him with Thief Staff and no matter how much I tried, the bastard lived through every single assault in first few turns.

Actually, I can't use Theif on him just like that, I recalled I have to attack him first or something... after that I can use Thief Staff on him for Tordo Scroll.

I think the thing with Barat is that he can only be killed after the survival turn count is up (after that the goal becomes kill boss or rout I think), so maybe until then he has immunity to Thief Staff as well.

I think the thing with Barat is that he can only be killed after the survival turn count is up (after that the goal becomes kill boss or rout I think), so maybe until then he has immunity to Thief Staff as well.

No, that's not the case because I killed him on turn 7 in my last playthrough and several turns before 15 on previous playthroughs. It's only during the times I tried to warp several units to kill him within the first 3 turns that he's been "invincible".

Killing him before turn 12 is only beneficial since it stops 12 blasted Axe Armors from appearing as well as 12 more that appear on turn 15. It seems that the earlier you kill him the better since that will give you more time to prepare for the Ballistae reinforcements.

Chapter 18 Redux: Electric Boogaloo

So, I decided to redo the map, and it went sooooooooo much better this time. Broke an M-up staff and a thunderstorm tome, but in exchange I got another thunderstorm tome from the bishop, so all I really lost was an M-up staff. Kept my Warp and Rescue staff intact this time, as I found a clever strategy to capturing the lopto bishop. Gotta either land a crit with Thunderstorm, or blast the bishop twice as to give Dean room for error in case he misses. Decided to give Eyrios a magic ring. Not like anyone else on my team cares for it, Salem, Asvel and Homeros got mad magic.

Also, visit all houses with Karin. Dean's got more important crap to do, and he needs to gtf over to the armor unit. I'm surprised the dragon lance is still in tact, I let Dean take absolutely no risks.

Everything else pretty much went the same, but then I got to the fortress of which I had to warp skip in the first try. Also, I remembered to bring my Restore staffs this time. Mighty important those things.

Fortress: Seems Cyrus gets booty called by Ishtar 5 turns after you cross the bridge to the fortress's land mass. Anyways, took Sirius's advice in Magic-upping Eyrios and letting him Thunderstorm the ballistae. Worked like a charm. One shotted 2 of them, but due to enemy fluxuating stats so wildly here, that the other for some reason had 31 HP instead of 25. Thus why I broke a tome. Them gone though, this chapter goes by a lot faster, I can garuntee.

I love Dean, this has to be the map he's at his most useful. As he went north, he even captured a bishop, of which had another Tron, Libro and Thunderstorm tome. Jackpot!

Captured me a few dark mages, got me some extra Jormungand for when Salem has nothing better to do. At this point, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he could one shot people with it now. Speaking of which, he's another sniper mage now that I got Fenrir. Basically when Asvel hits A wind or Fire (he's got time, he could actually manage), he could snipe with Blizzard (unfairly the best, as it puts people to sleep which is permanent), Eyrios/Olwen got Thunderstorm, and Salem's got Fenrir. You could have an actual team of snipers by now. Miranda I guess would be your meteor mage, but...we all know the problem with that.

So yeah, only 20 turns, 2 more than when I warp skipped. Intense map.

Asvel-14/10

HP: 36, Str: 2, Mag: 16, Skill: 17, Speed: 20, Luck: 14, Def: 6, Con: 6, Move: 7

Dean-8(lol)

HP: 40, Str: 14, Mag: 3, Skill: 16, Speed: 12, Luck: 7, Def: 16, Con: 14, Move: 9 (...He's a lot like Haar...)

Homeros-15/1

HP: 32, Str: 0, Mag: 16, Skill: 14, Speed: 20, Luck: 16, Def: 7, Con: 6, Move: 7

Salem-18/1

HP: 30, Str: 2, Mag: 16, Skill: 15, Speed: 13, Luck: 5, Def: 9, Con: 7, Move: 7

Fin-19/1

HP: 35, Str: 13, Mag: 3, Skill: 16, Speed: 16, Luck: 10, Def: 14, Con: 11, Move: 9

My team is so murdersome.

I got a question though. We all know con does not effect how a mage is weighed down by tomes, but...Anyone think Str could? I mean one more speed, if Str does effect tome weight, Salem could potentially double with Jormungand...;;>>

I got a question though. We all know con does not effect how a mage is weighed down by tomes, but...Anyone think Str could? I mean one more speed, if Str does effect tome weight, Salem could potentially double with Jormungand...;;>>

It doesn't, which is a shame.