FE5 Playthrough Log

grandjackal

Anyone interested in a bit of a FE5 playthrough? Figured with Powers doing FEDS, doing an FE5 playthrough log would seem fun. If so, here goes.

Chapter 1

Out of all in the series, probably my favorite first chapter. Love Leaf's theme, love the fact my team isn't the usual 2 cavs, 1 archer, 1 armor and a Jeigen deal. Anywho...

Rather vanilla really. Nothing happened out of the ordinary. Captured a few lancers to take their javys and short lances so Fin's not eating through his Brave Lance. Decided I'm gonna use an archer this playthrough, and I DID train Tanya a bit, but in retrospect I'm more interested in training Selphina now. So...Basically wasted quite a bit of EXP on Tanya. Oh well, maybe next time I'll try out Selphina. Got her a few short bows. Pitiful damage with them, but it's chip damage.

People say Marty's great at capturing, which is bullshit. He's better at tanking. He takes the shot and hammers back with a powerful strike (given he hits...Dagdar around helps him hit shit.). This makes it easier for OTHERS to capture, though he's capable of doing it himself. I vouch that because of this, Marty is the best armor knight in the game. Will be using him this playthrough.

Othin and Halvan are joining the fray, though I might not use Fin this time around. Will have to figure things out later. Until then, he's a capture hoser.

Gonna be using Dagdar...Pretty much using most of the guys at the start, save Ronan and Eyval.

Failed to capture the boss for his awesome sword. Oh well, no biggie.

Will give levels when I ge to the chapter I'm currently on, as I did this a couple days ago and don't remember the levels. I can tell you this much though.

Leaf is getting blessed, he's growing like he's Ike.

Marty's getting blessed as well, which is awesome due to this being even better for when he gets his awesome promotion gains.

Othin and Halvan seem to have switched growths.

Tanya's turning out to be rather vanilla.

Dagdar hasn't leveled yet.

Thoughts so far?

EDIT: Oh! Should mention I sold the Life Ring for cash, since I rarely give a damn for health boosters. Sold a couple other things I think, so my account's at about 4000 or so.

Screw it, I'll edit this to do the chapters I've done so far.

Turn count-8. Could have been faster, but it went cleanly.

Chapter 2

I dunno why, but the first four chapters in the game, the RNG is just so damn generous to me. Marty hasn't missed once, he's gaining speed like he actually has a worthwhile growth, Leaf's becoming a god-modder (love it when he gets speed magic strength and con, whatever makes the Light Brand even more insane). Gotta love the Tanya and Othin support. Helps their PCR greatly, and makes Tanya pretty murderous in Othin's presence.

With the boss I did not go the efficient route however. I hate having Dagdar or Eyval take such a juicy boss kill like this prepromote. I did the next best thing, Othin equipped the Pugi axe, plopped Tanya next to him and let him Wrath counter, while attempting random attacks to land in extra crits. Killed him pretty fast even considering. Damn 10 Def throne boost.

Got me plenty of hand axes and the steel axe. I will not be running out of axes any time soon. Saved all villages, time to go meet up with Lifis.

Turn count-Would have been less than 20, had I not been a noob and used Othin. Missed 8 times in a row with above 80 hit...I hate this game's RNG, I really do.

Chapter 2x

This chapter is so damn boring...

So went around and owned noob pirates, captured BOTH warriors. Tanya will love those steel bows in the future. Torches to sell as well.

Fucked up capturing the mercs, but it's so damn annoying to do so. Only get swords out of it though, and I discovered chapter 4 can give you plenty if you pack light.

Did have a nifty idea concerning Shiva. As a last sort of thing to do before I capture the throne, I like to have all in range target Shiva with a ranged weapon. They most likely won't hit him, but I get a nice 10 exp padding in return.

Otherwise...Not much to say. Turn count-I think about 10-12, went perfectly really.

Chapter 3

I tend to go slow and steady on this map. I wait out for hte first enemies to come to me, then I fight off all the bandits before I move forward. This also reduces the number of enemies in the fortress from reinforcements as they clog their own slots. However, this is slow, but I'm getting them prizes for rescuing the kids.

I'm so fucking lucky. Halvan and Othin gained a point of move range in this chapter. Will explain later.

Love the fact that Lifis can just defang the one mage on the map, it's hilarious. Didn't use Lifis much, as there's damn little reason to do so. He's only good if you're lucky with con, and I straight up am not. Not like he ends up anything good combat-wise anyways. Just using him as a lockbot.

Hi-ho-dee-dum, blasting through the bandits, now at front gate. Ahhh yes, the punk bishop who goes and picks your treasure. Might be a bit hard. *picks front door, rescue drop Lifis, replace with Marty*. Ok, have him help tank the guards with a ranged guy hitting over his shoulder, punch through the gate...Now here's where Othin and Halvan's 1 extra move came in handy. See outside his range, they can move into the fortress while avoiding the meteor range, so they can eventually close in on the bishop while he's still packing Meteor, making him easy as hell to capture. Give Othin a door key, open the door, send in Halvan with the Brave Axe. Now I got all the stuff he usually has on him, AND 4 Meteor uses. I fucking rule.

Boss went down easy with Othin tactic (you got plenty of errands this chapter, taking your time with the boss if of no consequence). Rest of chapter is basically preparing for the rest of the game, and more specifically the rest of the chapter.

I find that if you pack light, chapter 4 will actually go a lot smoother, and gain you some extra swords.

Packed LEaf and Lifis with the Armorslayer, Hammer, Heyzul and Baldo scroll, Lught Sword, Iron Sword, Chest Keys (big mistake, forgot the Magi Squad come with their own. Theoretically, you could bring the Fire Sword with you, and would be great to have), and Lockpick.

Chapter 4

Now the game says it's done fucking with you. I hate this chapter, I really do. I have the worst luck. Rarely do I see less than 3 reinforcements a turn and I just get swamped, or Brighton misses constantly, or just everyone misses in general. Torturous.

However, it is probably the most fun chapter if everything goes accordingly, as rushing through it is just so damn awesome. Packing light helps with this, as it's less time picking at chests. You don't need to bring much anyways. I highly suggest bringing the armorslayer, hammer, and the scrolls. Don't want random crits popped on you (how many times have I had to restart when random crits beamed Brighton...), and the more armorslayers the better. Trust me on this. When Machua gets C swords (she will eventually), she can use the Rapier, of which you can give the armorslayer to Fergus who already has B swords, and the hammer to Dalshien so he's not stuck with his one single weapon. Will mention this later.

I always give Laura's slim sword to Karin, as Karin actually has pretty high dodge (I know it's unreliable, but she is doing leagues better than everyone else). She won't hit hard, but soldiers aren't exactly tough. She can be used to clog up reinforcement holes to let the prisoners escape.

Oddly enough, I find this chapter easier the more you split up. I always let the bandits take care of the armors to the north, and then they just run around to help me out. Basically the faster you rummage through everything, the smoother this chapter goes. Use them chest keys wisely, remember you can trade.

It can all go easy, up until you pick the northern doors. Then all hell just breaks loose. I always pick the door, rescue drop and put Leaf where the thief was. This leaves a space between you and where the enemy moves in, thus you can recruit Dalshien the very next turn without harm to anyone, him included. Use Leaf's Light Brand, Rapier/Armorslayer/Brighton's Wrath in tandem here, and you will mow through them eventually. Don't forget to have Lifis defang the mages and steal the staffs.

Brighton got so damn lucky here though. First time I've seen the RNG be so damn nice to him. Never missed, and excellent levels. I'm cerainly bringing Brighton with me in this playthrough. Machua? Never liked her much anyways. She's like FE9 Mia. Karin, pretty much have to use her at times anyways. I find her so damn annoying, but at least she can actually be helpful here. Whatever helps Fergus's insane 5 PCR, the better. Fergus himself? Of course as usual, I have the worst luck. 2 levels, not a single point. Really might not use him.

I hate this chapter...but it went so smoothly considering. I think it only took 15-17 turns.

4x

This chapter is hilarious. It's so damn easy.

Remember those weapons I told you to bring? Wel see the one armor knight in the corner of your sight range? Move people so they're just at the tip of the armor knight attack, these people following. Dalshien with the hammer, Fergus with the Armorslayer, Brighton with his trusty steel sword sitting next to Machua for the extra crit chance, her equipped with the Rapier. Behind Fergus should be Karin for the PCR, and behind Machua should be Leaf in case her Rapier doesn't quite cut it and you need the Light Sword over-the-shoulder to finish the job. If it goes well, you can take care of the armors in a single enemy phase. The mages are a pain, but they shouldn't be able to take you down unless you get unlucky and get an uber-mage to deal with. The soldiers then will try to finish you off, but they're balls easy with your team of killface frontliners in the best situation they could ask for. All left is the mages, you can do so much with them. Karin attack for exp, Lifis defang them for the extra magic for Asvel, everyone else murders them. From there, the chapter is straightforward. Break through the left door after Sety's hallway, murder the devil axe knight, defang the thunder mage. Upper Center room is a pain if you want to capture the bishop, calling the bodguards to the left edge to fight with range until he exposes himself to you. Magic chip to weaken him a bit, then pick the door and have Fergus with his fancy new Brave Sword come in and capture him. Delicious Elfire, Libro staff and door key. All left are two murderous soldiers with their long spears, so wall up as well as you can.

Overall, that room takes a while but the rest of the map is cake. Turn count-12.

Now for the stats.

Leaf-8

27 HP, 9 Str, 2 Mag, 5 Skill, 8 Speed, 9 Luck, 6 Def (used the shield ring, but seriously...), 6 Con

Lifis-5

20 HP, 3 Str, 1 Mag (wtf?), 5 Skill, 11 Speed, 1 Luck, 3 Def, 6 Con

Fergus-8

28 HP, 7 Str, 0 Mag, 10 Skill, 9 Speed, 8 Luck, 4 Def, 9 Con

Karin-3

20 HP, 4 Str, 8 Mag, 4 Skill, 14 Speed, 12 Luck, 3 Def, 4 Con

Dalshien-7

30 HP, 10 Str, 0 Mag, 4 Skill, 3 Speed, 0 Luck, 11 Def, 15 Con

Asvel-3

23 HP, 0 Str, 5 Mag, 4 Skill, 8 Speed, 5 Luck, 0 Def, 4 Con

Brighton-10 (What?...Wrath rocks in chapter 4 ;;>> he wasn't missing, it was hard not to level him)

33 HP, 9 Str, 0 Mag, 6 Skill, 6 Speed, 2 Luck, 5 Def, 13 Con

Machua-4

26 HP, 5 Str, 1 Mag, 10 Skill, 12 Speed, 7 Luck, 5 Def, 6 Con

Laura-No one gives a shit.

Edited by Pretty Boi Wolf

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non elite mode? or Elite mode? going to all gaidens or just some? and 16A or 16B? Gonna recruit Xavier or are you going to kill him?

Edited by Jason W.

Non elite mode? or Elite mode? going to all gaidens or just some? and 16A or 16B? Gonna recruit Xavier or are you going to kill him?

Not Elite mode, gonna at least try to get to all gaidens save that stupid prison chapter, haven't decided route yet, fuck Xavier.

Can't compete with my pt log.

Using Selphina, but not using Finn?

Hmmmm...

I haven't tried Selphina yet, figured I'd give her a go. I use Fin all the time.

Otherwise, I know I'm crazy.

Wait for Cyas to appear in the chapters that he does. That should be fun :D

Oh har har.

Bigger problem is if I get bored by Kempuf's chapter. That chapter for some reason is like Nyquil to me, it just bores me so bad that it makes me not want to play the rest of the game. Lessee if I can power through it this time.

Not Elite mode, gonna at least try to get to all gaidens save that stupid prison chapter, haven't decided route yet, fuck Xavier.

24x. Avoid it like the plauge.

I haven't tried Selphina yet, figured I'd give her a go. I use Fin all the time.

Otherwise, I know I'm crazy.

Try Robert before her, at least.

Bigger problem is if I get bored by Kempuf's chapter. That chapter for some reason is like Nyquil to me, it just bores me so bad that it makes me not want to play the rest of the game. Lessee if I can power through it this time.

Seriously? Thats probably one of my favorite chapters in the game.

The prison chapter gives you a few warps so you may want to have a shitty unit get captured to end up there so you can steal a warp or 2 with Thief Staff.

Also, I'm not kidding, you really should try some of the Cyas chapters with him in it.

Edited by Sirius

24x. Avoid it like the plauge.

Forgot about that chapter, but noted. Absolutely no reason to go there anyways.

Try Robert before her, at least.

Irrelevent at this point, I'm sticking with Tanya for this one just to get a feel of archers in this game. Put in a bit too much exp into her.

Seriously? Thats probably one of my favorite chapters in the game.

Weird.

But yeah, just has that effect on me. I just could not give a shit. The layout is so dull, I hate the situation the map puts you in, the bit of story for this chapter is just miniscule.

@ Sirius- Alright fine, I'll do an escape map with a unit I don't give a shit about. Doesn't mean I have to rescue him or her anwyays.

And I have tried without warp, it's just mind-numbingly retarded to make an attempt like that, especially with my luck.

Chapter 5

Goddamn I love this chapter. I really do. It's so damn intense, love the music, LOVE the level design.

Anyways, on with the show. Had to reset a couple times not out of failure, but out of stupidity. First time, forgot to move Nanna and Eyval. Second time I had the brilliant idea of disarming Eyval at the doorway as to evadetank these enemies, because if she kills one, it'll bring in a deadly Swordmaster or a Berserker with a killer weapon, and I don't wanna deal with that. I was unaware they would just capture Eyval...Let that be a lesson to ya.

This chapter went so damn smooth, absolutely nothing went wrong, aside from failing to capture a battle axe armor. Oh well, hammer and battle axe mix, Dalshien actually has a healthy amount of weapon uses. I'm a tad more worried for my swordsmen. Luckily, Machua was fast enough and lucky enough to have gotten a con boost that she can use the Claymore to good effect, which is always nice. She was running out of short sword use anyways. Might have to give Leaf Lifis's iron sword, his weapons are about to break. By the end of the chapter, I had 5 Light Brand uses (Lemme tell ya, when you get to doubling with that sword this early in the game? Leaf is hilariously strong. I felt like I was using the damn Ragnell). In fact, Leaf went apeshit this chapter, every combat round he landed a crit. Leaf angry, Leaf SMASH!

The guys I loved got a bit downplayed, mainly because I want to even out levels if I can (though they're still nowhere near level). As for the chapter itself, I rushed to the arena. By the time I opened the door, only the hero had died and I had a piss easy warrior and general with weak-ass weapons to fight. I got there so fast, the mage squad that runs you down wasn't even to the archer squad with the general. Damn I'm fucking quick.

Lifis I was fortunate enough to get a con boost! Sweet! Now I can steal other things, and can nab some iron swords off some mercs in the chapters to follow. I couldn't have asked for a better time for him to get a point. Lifis I love you, you sexy beast.

In fact, a lot of people got Con this chapter. Nanna (Earth Sword Lurve), Leaf, Lifis. I was pretty damn fortunate this chapter on an unbelievable scale.

I went through this chapter faster than I ever had. Usually I draw enemies out one by one, but I sort of bum rushed this time, and this chapter is even MORE fun with this tactic. Dalshien's durability helps with the archer squad, and I was fortunate that Leaf was god mode with the Light Brand as he proceeded to solo the mage squad, wiping them out in a single enemy phase. Gets slow towards the end, especially if you want the treasure the dark mages guard (nothing Asvel can't handle with Glyphcalibur and Leaf support), and if you want to capture the sniper for the silver bow (be it to sell it or give to an archer later, either way you want this, and I did get it).

I ended the chapter before checking the turn count, but this chapter is long due to it's shape. However, I went through it pretty damn fast even considering I went to get everything, including the magic ring in the corner. Pretty sure I did it under 20 turns.

I'm checking my stats in the next chapter for accuracy of mounts. Here goes.

Leaf-11

HP: 30, Str: 11, Mag: 3, Skill: 6, Speed: 11, Luck: 10, Def: 6, Con: 6 (ok, guess he didn't gain con. Must have hallucinated that)

Lifis-6

HP: 21, Str: 3, Mag: 1, Skill: 5, Speed: 11, Luck: 1, Def: 3, Con: 7<3

Fergus-10

HP: 30, Str: 8, Mag: 0, Skill: 11, Speed: 10, Luck: 9, Def: 5, Con: 10 (must have been who got it. Either way, nice recovery for him)

Karin-4

HP: 20, Str: 5, Mag: 8, Skill: 5, Speed: 17, Luck: 12, Def: 5, Con: 4

Dalshien-8

HP: 31, Str: 11, Mag: 0, Skill: 4, Speed: 4(no scrolls either), Luck: 0, Def: 11, Con: 15

Asvel-8

HP: 27, Str: 0, Mag: 6, Skill: 5, Speed: 11, Luck: 9, Def: 1, Con: 4

Brighton-12 (stop looking at me like that ;;>>)

HP: 33, Str: 11, Mag: 0, Skill: 7, Speed: 9, Luck: 3, Def: 6, Con: 13

Machua-6

HP: 28, Str: 6, Mag: 1, Skill: 10, Speed: 14, Luck: 8, Def: 6, Con: 6

Laura: No one cares

Nanna-4 (Earth Sword is damn helpful, she's low level, it all works)

HP: 20, Str: 3, Mag: 5, Skill: 6, Speed: 7, Luck: 10, Def: 5, Con: 5

I enjoyed Asvel getting EXP from killing the Warrior & Swordmaster.

I really, really should be farther in FE5 by now, but Shiva keeps causing me resets on Ch. 7.

Does Shiva go north or south?

If you're trying to recruit him when he goes north, have him go south. If you're wondering how, have Fin move south to the mountians, and the merc force will split in half. 4 go North, 4 go south with Shiva. Since Fin's on a mountian witha healer, getting him killed is not an issue. Since Saphy is with him, Shiva will walk right to her, and you don't need to have Karin go fetch her at hyper speed.

Basically, you can completely ignore the bandits in this chapter.

If you already knew this...My apologize.

Okay, so even if the chapter screws up, I can still divert Shiva towards Fin & Saphy?

That sounds good.

Yup. Just go south with Fin. When they start charging towards him, have him retreat back to the mountains.

Only thing I think will get in your way is if Shiva's movement stars act up. Which case it's only turn one, so nothing frustrating. If he move stars as he's going towards Fin, it's even better because then you can recruit him before the merc group actually reaches Fin, and then you can basically give all the kills to Shiva on a mountain with Fin's iron sword.

This chapter is pretty easy.

This also severely reduces the stress on your main group. They only gotta deal with four simple mercs, not hard. Then they're free to deal with the boss, all the while stealing Rapiers to your heart's delight. Just make sure not to get flooded. You can end hte boss pretty easily with the Pole Axe, Glyphcalibur, whatever other ranged weapons you got, there's plenty of ways to take him out. All the problems of the map come early, and can be ended fast. Most of this chapter is just empty space going south really.

The bandits in 7 are just sad. Until you actually try moving into their range, they do nothing. I'm a capture freak and even I don't see their shit as worth anything to capture, so I tend to just ignore them outright. I guess they're free exp, but in the time it takes to fight them you could've made it all the way down south and wasted a couple turns in the arena instead.

The bandits are just chillaxin', relaxin', all cool, shooting some B-Ball outside th' pool. Then a couple units, grinding XP, started a little trouble in my neighbor hood. Got into one Player phase in my mom got scared, "You're moving with your Batta and Glass in Sacae."

Edited by Rody

Chapter 6

This chapter has to be the most fun chapter in the entire goddamn series. Once you have it down to a science, it's fucking epic.

Basically you want Karin to be getting most if not all the houses, she can ignore the one that holds Hicks and the house below his. This allows you to get every house with lightning speed and little worry. Karin can easily avoid attacks, and thus you can rescue Lifis to drop him off by the lower doors if you want. Laura can get the first two doors as she is perfectly positioned to hit them at the right amount of spaces. This allows your army to escape with no hurdles in their way aside form the 5 dudes on the right side of town. Any re-moves just makes this chapter a breeze. This just comes to show that when you put Leaf in prison, he just simply walks out, and with more friends. Do not try to imprison him, it's just a bad move.

That being said, there IS a problem, and his name is Dalshien. See, his move blows, and will lag behind. This is annoying, as this means some of the guys who tail you might actually catch up to him. This can be helped by the myriad of mounts you got, like Nanna, Brighton and Fergus. With rescue drop chains, they can help Dalshien move along. Everyone else's move is fine, and the likes of Leaf and Asvel have re-move chances. There's no reason not to lug fat fuck around to hurry this chapter up, everyone else is fine. Damn having him weigh they down bad enough to reduce their move. If it were like the GBA, wheeling around armors would be a lot easier ^_~

However, something weird happened. I hate chapter 4, yet it went smoothly this playthrough. I love this chapter, and I had to ragequit once, and almost did twice. I was about to escape, had Fergus get the mid right house, equip the armorslayer. This was because the pursuit team following me had caught up due to a few Hicks-ups...Dude with a battle axe, 33 hit...Fucking crit kills Fergus. Was almost done and a pissant armor knight with bad accuracy crits an important member of my team, thanks to a faulty shitty crit system where Luck doesn't reduce crit chances, proving once again that luck is fucking useless. I was pissed. Had to put the game away for a bit.

Second time went a LOT smoother with better planning, unit positioning and utilization of the rescue command. The pursuit team didn't even touch me...Till near the end. I was waiting for Karin to get in range of the second escape area (bet you were wondering why that was there, didn't ya?), and there was one armor knight with a battle axe close by. Figured I'd lure him in and capture him for the axe, Dalshien could use another weapon in the meantime. I let him. I had Fergus weaken with the armorslayer. Fine. I had Hicks pick the hammer from Dalshien and attack. I missed the finishing blow. However, this armor knight was not one to fuck around with, as APPARENTLY he had 4 speed and not weighed down by the axe! So he doubles and kills Hicks, and now I'm missing a Hammer and THE Pole Axe. I was about to raeg quit AGAIN, before I realized I couldn't give a flying fuck about either of those weapons. Accuracy I have bad luck with, and all they do is weigh me down and put me in danger since I'm ALWAYS gonna miss with them anyways. Most of the time, my guys can kill these bastards just fine anyways, so I won't miss them OR Hicks. Goddammit, next time I play through this chapter, I'm taking Hicks's pole axe and having him suicide into the boss. Fucking cunt. Asvel even missed the finishing blow that Hicks failed to land, so I had to send Leaf at him and INTO the pursuit squad, putting him in danger. Thank heavens this Leaf is turning on the god mode. Next guy missed him and he fucking Wrath'd his ass, dodged the bowman. Escaped the next turn.

I again forgot to check the damn turn count, but I HIGHLY doubt it wa above 12 turns. Would have ended it a turn sooner had I not been fucking around trying to get a weapon that I can never hit with anwyays. It's weird, every enemy that has a battle axe always seems to kick my ass under the worst circumstances for them and they seem to crit all the time. I have the weirdest luck..

Anyways, levels.

Leaf-12

HP: 31, Str: 12, Mag: 3, Skill: 7, Speed: 12, Luck: 11, Def: 6, Con: 6

Lifis: Same

Fergus: Same

Karin: Same

Dalshien: Same, though now missing two weapons he'd love to miss every enemy he attacks with.

Asvel: Same

Brighton: Same

Know what? Everyone's the same, I barely fought anyone in that last map.

Was almost done and a pissant armor knight with bad accuracy crits an important member of my team, thanks to a faulty shitty crit system where Luck doesn't reduce crit chances, proving once again that luck is fucking useless. I was pissed. Had to put the game away for a bit.

Luck does reduce crit chances. It's luck/2. Battle Axe has 10 crit.

Was almost done and a pissant armor knight with bad accuracy crits an important member of my team, thanks to a faulty shitty crit system where Luck doesn't reduce crit chances, proving once again that luck is fucking useless. I was pissed. Had to put the game away for a bit.

Luck does reduce crit chances. It's luck/2. Battle Axe has 10 crit.

That...explains...a lot...

I was wondering why Dalshien was able to crit so often with it.

Chapter 7

This chapter's pretty simple. Basically you can ignore the entire left alley with all those bastard bandits, and here's why.

Large group of swordfighters down the center. They would normally all go north, but there is a way to pull half of them down south, I mentioned this earlier. Once Fin shows up, have him go south. Half the enemy force will pull off and go after him. A Claymore guy, an iron swordsman, a killer blader, and the man with hte silver sword, along with Shiva himself. No worries, there is a one square space between Fin the enemy and Saphy, and Fin can not only block it, but luckily it's a mountain. Even the silver swordsman will be having trouble killing Fin quickly. Unfortunate you can't capture them without risky strategy, but you can try it if you want.

Four guys go north to fight your main force. 2 Claymoremen, 2 iron swordsmen. Had Lifis just simply defang an iron swordsman (I was running out of swords, was lucky to get that con boost back when), easily took out the rest. Then come the northern chase team with their paladin boss and his heavy-ass weapon. Start sort-of near him, but not where he can attack you. Put some foot soldiers there, for me I put my god moding Leaf and Machua with a Rapier as to deter them from attacking her at melee...Even though one tried, I was lucky he missed. The AI can be psycho in this game. Nabbed a rapier, but I don't like allowing the enemy to flood me, especially when my weapons are getting a tad brittle. Time to end this. Leaf was 3 spaces away from the boss, perfect positioning. Nanna attacked from range with Earth Sword, lucky me landed a crit. Moved her a touch out of range. Asvel next to Leaf and in Nanna's charisma range, took him out with Fire. Thank you Nanna, you're too kind.

Rest of this chapter is just...Blank really. Walked down, sold a couple things (useless-ass skill ring, I never cared about life rings, couple other things I don't care about, balance is above 12,000), stored a couple things, then got the hell out of here. As for moving down, I suggest having Karin rescue Dalshien. Reduces her move, but makes up for it by flying him over the terrain, and makes it all go that much faster.

I checked my turn count. 21 turns, but most of those turns were seriously me running my errands after walking down there. I'm pretty sure I took care of the rest of the map well under 10 turns, probably only in 7. This chapter's too easy.

I'm so happy to have my main force back. Game opens up from here.

Stats for my whole team to make up for the empty space of leveling the first four chapters

Leaf-Same

Fin-11

HP: 32, Str: 10, Mag: 1, Skill: 10, Speed: 12, Luck: 7, Def: 9, Build: 9-Gotta love good bases

Othin-8

HP: 33, Str: 7, Mag: 0, Skill: 11, Speed: 12, Luck: 8, Def: 7, Con: 12

Halvan-7

HP: 32, Str: 11, Mag: 0, Skill: 7, Speed: 11, Luck: 2, Def: 7, Con: 13

Ronan-Base. Seriously, fuck Ronan

Lifis-Same

Saphy-Does it matter?

Most of the rest of my force is the same aside from Asvel

Asvel-9

HP: 27, Str: 0, Mag: 7, Skill: 6, Speed: 12, Luck: 9, Def: 1, Con: 5 (I wish magic was affected by con...)

Fatigued-Fergus, Dalshien, Asvel, Brighton

Chapter 8

This chapter never goes well for me all because of the bastard boss. People you damn well wanna bring-Nanna, Fin, a thief. Don't forget to bring Halvan or Othin to recruit Marty if you plan on using him. Karin can also make this chapter go by incredibly quick, getting to all the houses while your force just moves forward. Bring a thief for the main reason of stealing the boss's medicine, so he doesn't just full recover on your ass. You're on a strict time limit here.

Chosen team-Fin, Halvan, Othin, Machua, Nanna, Saphy (should have just brought a thief), Karin. In fact, I should have brought Lifis now that I think about it! He could have just stole the iron sword from the boss and anyone could have captured him. Lucky I 1 turned the boss with Nanna's Earth Sword and Fin crit. Gotta love the Leaf support. Besides, this way Fin gets a level, so I'm not complaining.

It's a very small chapter. Just run through and kick ass. The enemies will be hard pressed to actually kill you. Not much to say other than I got lucky with Fin with Brave Crit. Seriously, I don't think you can get to Dagdar's mansion without Fin for this mission. If you're gonna try anyways, good luck.

Not gonna bother with Shiva. I want to have fun this playthrough. No dealing with Carrion either. Will bring him to get the Elite Sword, otherwise I don't care about him really.

Anyways, to give levels.

Leaf-Same

Fin-12

HP: 32, Str: 11, Mag: 1, Skill: 11, Speed: 12, Luck: 7, Def: 9, Con: 9

Nanna-5

HP: 20, Str: 4, Mag: 5, Skill: 6, Speed: 7, Luck: 11, Def: 5, Con: 6 (get lucky with her con, Earth Sword makes her damn hard to kill).

Machua-7

HP: 30 (STILL not fatigued!), Str: 7, Mag: 1, Skill: 11, Speed: 16, Luck: 9, Def: 6, Con: 6

Marty-8

HP: 37, Str: 11, Mag: 1, Skill: 1, Speed: 4 (look ma, no scrolls!), Luck: 11, Def: 9, Con: 20

Dalshien is winning Skill by 3 and Def by 2, losing HP by 6, Luck by 11. So as you can see, Marty is a better tank than an actual armor knight at this point. Can't wait to promote him...

Chapter 8x

Ahhh, this map is straightforward, but I don't know how to put it...It feels tough, but it isn't. Does that make any sense?

Anyways, team I brought was Lifis, Saphy, Othin, Asvel, Machua.

Machua when she's fast enough with a claymore? BIG HELP it turns out. She can one round pretty easily with them. She was pretty much my MVP for this map. The map is straightforward really. If you think I loaded up on too much combat (you only have 4 open slots...), you could also bring Laura to speed up lock picking. Due to fog of war, do remember to bring a spotter for the doors and chests, speeds things up considerably.

Brought Othin and Asvel because...Well this boss is fucknuts insane. It's cruel how strong he is. As a joke, they gave him a lockpick for some damn reason. Don't even know if you can steal it, because I didn't want anyone in range of his steel bow, for various reasons. It just makes him harder to kill. Basically to kill him, I had Leaf stand 3 spaces back while Asvel lobbed Glyphcaliburs at him. For some reason he refused to crit with his 57 chance. Oh well, I was picking chests anyways, I had time to kill. Glad to have the Neir scroll, will be of great help.

Light brand broke, had Saphy repair it. Staff rank is now at B. Now all I gotta do is get her to level 10 and promote her...As for why I repaired the Light Brand instead of saving up for warp uses, I'm gonna go old school for the most part and keep warping to a minimum.

The levels I gained here are nuts. Tanya gained an extra move range, and Asvel got move TWICE, so now he has 8 MOVE! I have a mage knight with better mobility through terrain! FEAR ASVEL! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

Levels nao

Leaf-13

HP: 32, Str: 12, Mag: 3, Skill: 7, Speed: 13, Luck: 11, Def: 7, Con: 7 (lolololololol), Move: 6

Othin-11

HP: 36, Str: 8, Mag: 0, Skill: 12, Speed: 12, Luck: 10, Def: 7, Con: 12, Move: 7

Machua-10

HP: 32, Str: 8, Mag: 1, Skill: 11, Speed: 17, Luck: 11, Def: 6, Con: 6, Move: 6

Asvel-12

HP: 30, Str: 1, Mag: 8, Skill: 7, Speed: 15, Luck: 9, Def: 1, Con: 6 (con's only a detriment to mages...), Move: 8 (LOL!)-Fuck this, I'm promoting him.

Dagdar-8

HP: 43, Str: 14, Mag: 1, Skill: 11, Speed: 10, Luck: 2, Def: 10, Con: 15, Move: 7

Tanya-9 (I can now confirm that archers have an increased exp rate, as this was 2 levels and she's bordering a third)

HP: 26, Str: 6, Mag: 2, Skill: 6, Speed: 16, Luck: 11, Def: 5, Con: 4 (definitely hanging onto the Neir scroll)

Everyone else is the same.

Turn count-25, 10 of those turns spent having Lifis pick everything. Could easily be done within 15 turns, but I had Lifis stall for safety sake (when things get good, something REALLY BAD tends to happen), and I didn't bring anything like chest keys, so he was the only one doing it.