First Squad - The Moment of Truth

Magical CC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_90iFLjdqQ&feature=related

Director: Yoshiharu Ashino (director of Tweeny Witches, animator of Princess Arete, Mindgame, et al)

Character design: Hirofumi Nakata (animator of Batman: Gotham Knight)

Story by: Mikhail Schpritz and Alexey Klimov

Music: DJ Krush

Format: feature film

Production: Studio 4°C and Molot Entertainment

Gene: Action, War, Mech, Fantasy

The year is 1942, with the raise of German, some Soviet teenagers with extraordinary abilities have been drafted to form a special unit to fight the invading German army. They are opposed by a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise from the dead a supernatural army of crusaders from the 12th-century Order of the Sacred Cross and enlist them in the Nazi cause.

The movie is set to be released in 2009.

What I think: extraody art and animation, sound...strange music, new but..maybe old storyplot. But anyway, it looks interesting enough for me to wait and watch. (well, a Russian sub group is a need here...)

...I'm not sure whether to be insulted or to add this to MAL instantly. For now I think I'll do both ;) . Any idea when we can bet our hands on this?

They (the director and story writer) said that it will be released in 2009, I dont know if we should believe in them or not but well, this anime have bean made from 2007, 2 years is long enough...

The year is 1942, with the raise of German, some Soviet teenagers with extraordinary abilities have been drafted to form a special unit to fight the invading German army. They are opposed by a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise from the dead a supernatural army of crusaders from the 12th-century Order of the Sacred Cross and enlist them in the Nazi cause.

I'm sorry, could you repeat that?

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I'm sorry, could you repeat that?

Well, in this facet I think I can actully defend this. The Nazi's had a massive perverse fascination with the occult and German folklore and history, and there really were 12th century Baltic crusading orders, so, assuming something like this was even remotely possible, the Nazi's would have done it for sure. It's still ridiculous, though.

Don't tell me you've never played Wolfenstein. Undead nazis is hardly something new.

Are there any _______ Nazis that can be considered new today?

Wait, so on the map in the trailer, it shows the Nazi's eating up Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria, even when they all voluntarily joined the Axis, but at the same time, they don't eat up Italy orYogoslavia.... I must think on this...

Don't tell me you've never played Wolfenstein. Undead nazis is hardly something new.

Happy, friendly, coexisting. :)

Wait, so on the map in the trailer, it shows the Nazi's eating up Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria, even when they all voluntarily joined the Axis, but at the same time, they don't eat up Italy orYogoslavia.... I must think on this...

History isn't Japan's strong point. You should be happy this isn't just thinly-disguised "BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WE GOT OUR ASSES KICKED IN WWII" like most anime material on the subject is.

No. I posit that the PMC is replacing the nazi as the go-to completely unsympathetic bad guy in media today, though.

Edited by Der Kommissar

Happy, friendly, coexisting. :)

*Points to Stroheim from the second part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.*

We've seen them.

History isn't Japan's strong point. You should be happy this isn't just thinly-disguised "BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WE GOT OUR ASSES KICKED IN WWII" like most anime material on the subject is.

No, you're taking the totally wrong tack on this--this was written by Russians, so it's a whole diffrent revisionist ballgame. They're probably playing into the whole "the-Soviets-saved-Easern-Europe" stichk with this, which would explain why contries like Romnia, which was a member of the axis, are shown as Nazi occupied, as it was later SOviet client state, where Yogoslavia, which was undeniably an occupied nation, is shown as independant, as they... wern't so good a toeing the Moscow line. Also, why the Baltics are shown as unquestionably Soviet.

...of couse, it could also be a major case of "did not do the research", but conspricies are way more fun.

Edited by Le Communard

No, not all of them. It's a more recent phenomena in anime.

To the point where if no bishies are in a japanese animation, it's not "anime" by some people's definition. :facepalm:

Since when were there Bishies in the original Mobile Suit Gundam?

It would be more accurate to say that it's only an Anime if it was made in Asia. And since Russia is in Asia, I'd consider this an anime.

You could name a wide variety of (mostly older) anime that lacked anything approaching the pretty boys common these days. Burning_Phoneix is correct.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

And if you REALLY want to go that way, Every. Single. Macross. Series. EVER.

To the point where if no bishies are in a japanese animation, it's not "anime" by some people's definition. :facepalm:

It would be more accurate to say that it's only an Anime if it was made in Asia. And since Russia is in Asia, I'd consider this an anime.

I was playing with Jyosua's joke that "if it's anime, it has bishies"

I was playing with Jyosua's joke that "if it's anime, it has bishies"

I know. I still wanted to point out the logic hole.