best lord

Oujay

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal Experience Means Nothing. My friend has a Micky that doubles virtually everything.

I think your Micaiah got fucked up by the RNG too many times. Can you remember her speed and level?

Edited by Joshybear25

Personal Experience Means Nothing. My friend has a Micky that doubles virtually everything.

I think your Micaiah got fucked up by the RNG too many times. Can you remember her speed and level?

Well by the time she was 3rd tier I just give up on her because she sucks so bad to me.

• 1 month later...

It's tied between Ike and Sigurd. Sigurd has a horse in a game where horses rock. However, he gets killed by a psycho.

Ike just leaves everyone to go explore, but before that, he kicks everyone's ass.

• 2 weeks later...

The people who don't bother looking up stats say Ike or Hector. The fanboy masses say Lyn, Micaiah, or god forbid, Lillina.

The people who DO look up those stats will say Sigurd. I say Sigurd is the goddamn Rambo of FE4, and I haven't even played it.

-Prepromoted with a horse, base 14 STR, and base 12 SPD with auto Pursuit.

- He actually has good growths for a prepromote; 50% in STR and SKL, and a 110% in HP.

- Gets A in swords and B in lances.

- Has the highest base STR of any character until Cuan, and the highest base SPD until Ethlin.

:D

Oh, people might also say Arum and Ike.

The people who don't bother looking up stats say Ike or Hector. The fanboy masses say Lyn, Micaiah, or god forbid, Lillina.

The people who DO look up those stats will say Sigurd. I say Sigurd is the goddamn Rambo of FE4, and I haven't even played it.

-Prepromoted with a horse, base 14 STR, and base 12 SPD with auto Pursuit.

- He actually has good growths for a prepromote; 50% in STR and SKL, and a 110% in HP.

- Gets A in swords and B in lances.

- Has the highest base STR of any character until Cuan, and the highest base SPD until Ethlin.

:D

Oh, people might also say Arum and Ike.

While I agree Sigurd is the best, solely looking up Sigurd's stats is insufficient. They aren't that great compared to the stats of Lords in other games. However, based on what he has compared to everybody else (wrt skills, weapon access, stats, growths, even move) on both the other player units and the enemy units, that's where "best lord" comes from. You touched on some of it when you compared str and spd to other characters. Being prepromoted isn't so amazing on its own. What is amazing about it is the way promoted units work in fe4. Like Paperblade pointed out in his rating topic, and many others before him I'm sure, Sigurd gains exp just like anybody else but he already has his promotion bonuses.

Wut? No one says Micaiah. She's actually rather underrated.

And FE10 Ike actually is a good candidate for the best lord.

Isn't it a bad thing he doesn't get promotion bonuses because, basically, it means free points?

He usually ends up capping stats anyway so it doesn't mattter. And if you compare his bases to Celice's, he really is Celice with the Lord Knight promo gains.

But let's say he was unpromoted with his current base stats. He'd benefit from the promo gains and he'd be that much more of a rape machine.

While it could be true, there is really no guarantee that I.S. would give him the same bases if he still had a promotion to which he could look forward.

His promotion would be +5 str, +2 skl, +2 spd, +2 def, +3 res (or, mdf in this game).

So a possible way to make him less destructive would be to subtract those from his current bases and leave him unpromoted. (Alec's bases except a little more hp and luck and 3 levels higher, actually)

Keep in mind, though, Junior Lord has 6 move and no horsey and no canto. If he was unpromoted, even with his current base stats, he probably would be less good overall despite the promotion bonus in his future.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

A lord with awful promotion times, awful stat caps, poor movement, the weakest weapon type in the game and the worst speed relative to enemies of any lord, ever, with awful durability, no good innate skills, and is one of the only lords to not get her own endgame PRF weapon.

And somehow Micaiah still managed to be good.

A lord with awful promotion times, awful stat caps, poor movement, the weakest weapon type in the game and the worst speed relative to enemies of any lord, ever, with awful durability, no good innate skills, and is one of the only lords to not get her own endgame PRF weapon.

And somehow Micaiah still managed to be good.

Wanna know why?

• She can heal with Sacrifice.
  • She gets Staff Utility once she promotes. And if I recall correctly, C-Rank.
  • She can one-shoot (if not, do a ton of damage to) armors and horseback units with Thani.
  • She starts with an A-Support with Sothe.
  • She doesn't take up a slot. Ever.

Ok, good might be an overstatement, but she isn't bad either. If anything, I consider Roy, Leaf, and especially Lyn to be inferior Micaiah.

Leaf is only bad because Fin is 10x better.

Lyn is a pretty shitty Lord, but people love her because she has bewbz. Same with Micaiah.

Really, no matter how you put it, Micaiah is a comparatively bad lord and a bad unit in a bad group with only five overall good units. Okay, better than the CRK but those guys are fags anyway.

Lyn is a pretty shitty Lord, but people love her because she has bewbz. Same with Micaiah.

Really, no matter how you put it, Micaiah is a comparatively bad lord and a bad unit in a bad group with only five overall good units. Okay, better than the CRK but those guys are fags anyway.

Sigh. There are times I'd like Ike to be able to OHKO armors in fe9. Heck, in fe10 even. Also one of just 2 healers when 2 are needed? She is not a bad unit. If she was, I'd hope we'd have figured it out by now and dropped her to lower mid. Any positive thoughts I have towards Micaiah's performance in fe10 are not related to any of her body parts. Unless Thani and staves are somehow "bewbz".

Besides, we are talking best lord. It's probably between Sigurd and fe10 Ike(T). Given surrounding team capabilities, I'd have to go with Sigurd.

Sigh. There are times I'd like Ike to be able to OHKO armors in fe9. Heck, in fe10 even.

FE9: lolBoyd with Hammer.

FE10: Ever heard of Thanibombing? Because that is one of the only good things about Micaiah.

Also one of just 2 healers when 2 are needed? She is not a bad unit. If she was, I'd hope we'd have figured it out by now and dropped her to lower mid. Any positive thoughts I have towards Micaiah's performance in fe10 are not related to any of her body parts. Unless Thani and staves are somehow "bewbz".

She certainly isn't a GOOD unit; just a utility whore, that is pretty much all she has.

Besides, we are talking best lord. It's probably between Sigurd and fe10 Ike(T). Given surrounding team capabilities, I'd have to go with Sigurd.

This, pretty much. The only person that probably rivals these two are Haar (T) and Seth.