New Zelda

Inactive Account

So, thoughts on the new Zelda?

I think the "girl-is-the-Master Sword" theory is interesting, and probably true. It's kind of a reverse of part of the plot of Wind Waker (the boat is really the king).

Do you think Hyrule will be the same/similar to the Ocarina/Twilight Princess Hyrule? Or one of the other Hyrules? I kind of doubt it will be the Great Sea Hyrule, though, since Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks has that pretty well covered.

Theories? Stuff you want to see?

First and foremost, I'd like to see the re-introduction of magic in this game, as TP was boring without it. Secondly, I want them to make it harder than TP, but not MM difficult (because TP was such a cakewalk compared to any other Zelda game).

Also, it would be nice to be able to use a GC controller as an optional control method, as I'm not a fan of using the Wiimote for Zelda games.

As for Hyrule, I'd like it to be TP Hyrule, but without being so dull and bland as it was in TP.

Finally, as to the girl/Master Sword thing, I think it is the worst Zelda idea yet (the whole 'talking boat' idea in WW was OK, but this... *shakes head*).

Also, it would be nice to be able to use a GC controller as an optional control method, as I'm not a fan of using the Wiimote for Zelda games.

This.

I also believe that this game will take place during the creation of the Master Sword itself, due to the obvious hints that the blue maiden is indeed the sword. If not that, then the story will probably have something to do with the Master Sword dissappearing altogether. As for the Hyrule, who knows. For all we know, and its possible, that everything will be completely reconned yet again.

Erk... I just found an unfortunate implication of the "during the creation of the Master Sword" bit...

What if the girl somehow was sacrificed/had her spirit trapped inside the sword, and that's why it works? o_o

On a lighter note, she could be a spirit charged with the sword's protection or some such, since she doesn't look all that human.

The GC controller would be a good option, but I'm also looking forward to the Wii Motion Plus.

Also, not that it's unlikely, but there had better still be a horse. (Whether or not it's Epona, I don't mind.)

...For pony!

313ouwl.png

lol

I'd like to see the overworld to be as fleshed out as in the first 3 Zeldas. Miyamoto talked about how he wants to make the island from WiiFit and WiiSports Resort its own character when he did something like that 20 years ago.

After playing WiiSports Resort I sooooo want the next Zelda to be Wii MotionPlus only. Shit is going to be awesome if that happened.

If the above is true, then this is the absolute first game in the series.

EDIT:

Minish Cap is first, actually.

There better be a damn GC controller option. If I want to push a button to swing a sword, I want to push a button, not go through some overblown swinging animation.

If the above is true, then this is the absolute first game in the series.

EDIT:

Minish Cap is first, actually.

There better be a damn GC controller option. If I want to push a button to swing a sword, I want to push a button, not go through some overblown swinging animation.

Wasn't there a Master Sword in Minish Cap? Oh, yeah there wasn't. XD My bad...

Well, this game solves the obvious. This could be the very first adventure Link has with the Master Sword.

"Oh, you coy little bitch. I wonder if we're going to get the grappling hook or the boomerang first this time"

That reminds me, I haven't seen any of the recent ZPs.

You can still make a game before that since Hyrule wasn't created right with the advent of OoT.

Personally I think this whole 'continuity' thing that comes up in recent Zeldas hurts the series as a whole and goes completely against the Zelda mythos, but I don't feel like going into greater detail atm.

You can still make a game before that since Hyrule wasn't created right with the advent of OoT.

But it is the one in which the whole problem with Ganondorf began, which has been the whole point with a few exceptions.

I'd love the Wiimote for the new Zelda because using the bow with it was completely fucking awesome. Blue dual analog straight out of the water.

Though I'm with lightbrand on this one, where's the links to the rumours?

Edited by burning_phoneix