If you can have three Pokemons in real life...

Randy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all, sight is one of the most overrated senses, lulz.
Bidoof certainly made a bigger impression than any of the other Pokemon you listed. Even Rattata's nostalgic value doesn't compare.

And then look at Bibarel's typing, Water/Normal, tricks and abilities, getting double effects from stat boosting abilities, and then being an excellent HM slave. Oh yeah, they gave him Super Fang now too. Bibarel is actually a very well thought out Pokemon for what his purpose is. He's something that's actually creative.

Well, good luck convincing the rest of Pokemon fans who think Bidoof/Bibarel is retarded.

Bidoof certainly made a bigger impression than any of the other Pokemon you listed. Even Rattata's nostalgic value doesn't compare.

And then look at Bibarel's typing, Water/Normal, tricks and abilities, getting double effects from stat boosting abilities, and then being an excellent HM slave. Oh yeah, they gave him Super Fang now too. Bibarel is actually a very well thought out Pokemon for what his purpose is. He's something that's actually creative.

Well, good luck convincing the rest of Pokemon fans who think Bidoof/Bibarel is retarded.

I have to agree with Alucart, Bibarel's use as a HM slave is unparalleled in DPPt.

Back on topic: Absol, Mightyena, Houndoom.

Can you see a pattern? :P

Actually, Rattata beats Bidoof easily.

Gives Rattata the FEAR moveset and Bidoof is done.

In other words: Two Lvl. 1 Rattata with a Focus Sash that knows Endeavor and Quick Attack will beat even a Lvl. 100 Skarmbliss pair.

I like how I actually defend a Pokemon on terms of design and not viability and I get a gameplay related response. FEAR is laughable in a metagame full of indirect damage, ghosts, and other priority moves anyway.

How many Pokemon that are in Standard or above that know Extremespeed?

Because Detect/Protect can't always succeed anyways so Quick Attack is eventually gonna do them in.

And Rattata is the only one who can use that set.

Besides, you can't really compare a 4th gen Pokemon to a 1st gen Pokemon in terms of creativity. It's like comparing Alakazam to Gallade.

Besides, you can't really compare a 4th gen Pokemon to a 1st gen Pokemon in terms of creativity. It's like comparing Alakazam to Gallade.
Then it's a good thing I had 2nd and 3rd gen in mind as well, but I certainly can defend Bidoof/Bibarel's creativity when people bash it all day just because it's a beaver and looks funny (which only adds to its charm and meme-ability).
List of Pokemon that have priority moves:

- Scizor

- Infernape

- Lucario

- Metagross

- Machamp

- Dragonite

- Mamoswine

- Breloom

- Togekiss

- Spiritomb

- Dusknoir

- Empoleon

- Weavile

And this is just a list of Pokemon that are realistically used.

Then it's a good thing I had 2nd and 3rd gen in mind as well, but I certainly can defend Bidoof/Bibarel's creativity when people bash it all day just because it's a beaver and looks funny (which only adds to its charm and meme-ability).
List of Pokemon that have priority moves:

- Scizor

- Infernape

- Lucario

- Metagross

- Machamp

- Dragonite

- Mamoswine

- Breloom

- Togekiss

- Spiritomb

- Dusknoir

- Empoleon

- Weavile

And this is just a list of Pokemon that are realistically used.

Those Pokemon mostly never use the moves with equal/higher priority to Quick Attack, and the only one logical is Sucker Punch, but that's Ghost Type anyway.

Togekiss and Lucario are the only ones who would use Extremespeed, but they both have MUCH better options to choose from.

Lucario would rather take Swords Dance, Close Combat, Crunch, Substitute, Stone Edge, Blaze Kick, Psychic, etc.

Togekiss has Air Slash, Roost, Thunder Wave, Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot, etc.

Half of Smogon's Lucario sets use Extreme Speed. Rattata has no chance of surviving in a fresh HG/SS metagame where everyone will be experimenting with Extreme Speed Dragonite.

And good job ignoring all of the other Pokemon that are going to outspeed Ratatta if they themselves use a priority move, Scizor in particular being guaranteed to carry bullet punch.

Oh yeah, sand storm & hail. GG, Rattata.

Stealth Rock is a much bigger problem than priority moves for FEAR movesets (other than Clefable, Cleffa and Clefairy).

It's usually set up on the first turn, making the FEAR sets useless immediately, unless the user starts with that moveset.

Edited by Seph

Rattata with FEAR enters in taking damage from Stealth Rock, but it will only damage him. Pokemon can't kill him on the first turn even AFTER Rattata takes damage, due to Focus Sash.

Admittedly, there are Pokemon who can counter it... Like the ones above.

Oh by the way OliverXRenning, FE3 Player is right. The only Endeavor set worth using might be a Level 2 Clefable (lol Magic Guard). Also FEAR Ratata can fail to KO many Pokemon with Endeavor + Quick Attack | Sucker Punch. Trust me dude, I've played competitive Pokemon for over a year now and I've yet to even see or be swept by the thing.

I can vouch for FE3 Player as well. I've been playing DP competitively since it came out (about 2 years) and RSE for about 3-4 years.

I wanted Suicune because he looks cool to have as a pet.

Celebi to travel in time and fix screw ups.

Latios to fly.

That's it.

Edited by Seph

I'll concede...

And I've already stated my answers to this thread.

Male Ralts: Cute little psychic baby who eventually turns into a strangely effeminate-looking ballet dancer. NO, say I! I find some strange stone and evolve it again as it turns into a kung-fu psychic master. Awesome.

Aerodactyl: Not only is it convenient for transportation, since it's so freaking fast anyway, but it provides protection, moreso than the other two. I mean, come on, some dick at school talking shit about you and BAM! Giant dinosaur with razor sharp teeth and wings land next to you and roars.

Porygon Z: Since its a cyber, artificial Pokemon, it could presumably travel through the internet wave. I would use this to put trolls and annoying people into explosive diarrhea attacks. Oh, and to transport answers to my S.A.T. directly into my skull.