FE4 Gen 2 list

Dat Nick

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there's no Low-Mid, Up-Mid might as well be Mid. High and Up-Mid being so large makes me wonder if there are other/additional places we could make tier breaks.

Johan is mounted and has Ambush + Hero Axe, so Leaf's not beating him until promotion and Johan might as well be above him. Johalva's not mounted and has no Ambush, so IMO keep Leaf above him.

Hawk jumps the tier gap, maybe? Great Magic and Speed, Pursuit, Continue, B Staves. I'm not sure, but he's clearly the replacement MVP.

Edited by Destiny Puck

Since there's no Low-Mid, Up-Mid might as well be Mid.

Mid is kind of implying they're worse than they actually are, but okay.

High and Up-Mid being so large makes me wonder if there are other/additional places we could make tier breaks.

Open to proposals, but I got nothing.

Johan is mounted and has Ambush + Hero Axe, so Leaf's not beating him until promotion and Johan might as well be above him. Johalva's not mounted and has no Ambush, so IMO keep Leaf above him.

k

Hawk jumps the tier gap, maybe? Great Magic and Speed, Pursuit, Continue, B Staves. I'm not sure, but he's clearly the replacement MVP.

Well, I do find it quite hard to imagine he's a tier below non-Levin Setys, so yeah let's do that.

Hawk is as good as any average Sety. His growths are trash (although he can have better MAG than Sety in a few pairings), but his SPD still gets close to the Sage cap and his bases are at Sety's usual level. He won't be as good by 30, but Sety at 30 is overkill in nearly any configuration. And he certainly makes most of the replacements look like pieces of crap.

With Amid people noted it, but do remember that replacements have slightly different classes and promotions than the children. Amid is a Wind Mage and Arthur is a Mage; he doesn't have Thunder and Fire but can use Elwind before promotion (to Mage Fighter, which kind of sucks). Linda is a Thunder Mage (her promotion is identical to Tinny's except she doesn't get SKL), and neither of the faux-twins promotes to Swordmaster. Nobody's made any mistakes like that yet, but keep it in mind.

Edited by Renall

Just gonna take another global look.

Top:

Arthur[Levin]

Sety[Levin]

Aless

Shanan

This is fine.

High:

Oifaye

Lakche[Lex]

Skasar[Lex]

Delmud[Fin]

Serlis

Altenna

Laylea

Leen [Not gonna bother seperating her]

I don't see the Lex!Swordkids as an entire tier above others, but perhaps I'm underestimating the durability gap. Celice post promo is >>>>> swordkids though, and before promo the main difference is that the kids can proc kill with something like Meteor Sword, but Celice has leadership to counter that, and he ORKOs with one of the strongest swords. So I'd say Celice > swordkids. Hell, I think Delmud > swordkids because I think mount is so good.

UpMid:

Lakche[Noish]

Skasar[Noish]

Sety[Claude]

Sety[Noish]

Hawk

Lester[Midir]

Arthur[Azel]

Yuria

As I said, swordkids in one tier...the rest is arguable enough to leave as is.

Mid:

Fin

Johan

Leaf

Johalavar

Tinny[Azel]

Rana[Midir]

Nanna[Fin]

Faval[Lex]

Faval[Jamka]

Faval[Holyn]

I've never looked into Johan properly, but without the Pursuit Ring his damage output is terrible relative to almost everyone (with Pursuit at least) when his overleveledness is over. I would like Linda in this tier, she really gives a lot of Tinny versions a run for their money. I also think the two healers should be > Tinny [Azel], with Nanna's mount and ability to use swords also outweighing Rana's one-chapter availability.

LowMid:

Fee[Noish]

Patty[Lex]

Fee[Levin]

Fee[Claude]

Roddleban

Tinny[Levin]

Radnay

What's Fee doing this low? She is incredible. I would put her in High before anything else. What makes her this bad? A tier below Tinny [Azel]? Her mobility is like three times as good...I also don't think Radnay and Roddolban should be next to each other. Above Tinny [Levin] imo.

Low:

Mana

Patty[Holyn]

Dimna

Amid

Patty[Jamka]

Asaello

Janne

I disagree with a two tier gap between Mana and Rana, I think Mid is just fine for them both. Dimna is definitely better than this, I'd say in Lower Mid above Rodolban/Radney. Remember, he has mount, bownopoly, Pursuit and a +5 str event (just reminding in case you didn't know).

Bottom:

Linda

Corple[Claude]

Sharlow

Corple[anybody not Claude]

Hannibal

Femina

Tristan

Daisy

Yeah, Linda way up, no way she is Bottom Tier. Tristan > Hannibal, prolly > Corple too, I'd say...but that kind of depends on what sword you're willing to give to him.

I don't see the Lex!Swordkids as an entire tier above others, but perhaps I'm underestimating the durability gap. Celice post promo is >>>>> swordkids though, and before promo the main difference is that the kids can proc kill with something like Meteor Sword, but Celice has leadership to counter that, and he ORKOs with one of the strongest swords. So I'd say Celice > swordkids. Hell, I think Delmud > swordkids because I think mount is so good.

well

10 LakcheLex: 41 HP, 14 str, 19 skill, 17 AS, 12 def

5 LakcheNoish: 34 HP, 12 str, 16 skill, 15 AS, 9 def

Maybe it isn't, after all, but there's certainly a case. There's also getting the promo bonuses sooner, to increase those leads. Although the further you go with this the more ridiculous the leads get.

20 LakcheLex: 54 HP, 24 str, 30 skill, 26 AS, 20 def

10 LakcheNoish: 40 HP, 14 str, 20 skill, 17 AS, 11 def

So yeah, Elite does make the tier gap case pretty strong.

Celice post promo is >>>>> swordkids though, and before promo the main difference is that the kids can proc kill with something like Meteor Sword, but Celice has leadership to counter that, and he ORKOs with one of the strongest swords. So I'd say Celice > swordkids. Hell, I think Delmud > swordkids because I think mount is so good.

I dunno, with Elite they will promote a lot faster than he will, and it isnt like Aless where he promotes in 2 chapters. I think you need to dig deeper than "Celice gets a mount on promo and swordkids don't". Agreed on Delmud though.

I've never looked into Johan properly, but without the Pursuit Ring his damage output is terrible relative to almost everyone (with Pursuit at least) when his overleveledness is over. I would like Linda in this tier, she really gives a lot of Tinny versions a run for their money. I also think the two healers should be > Tinny [Azel], with Nanna's mount and ability to use swords also outweighing Rana's one-chapter availability.

You are remembering Johan's monopoly on the Hero Axe, right? Anyway Im not sure Linda is close enough to a lot of Tinny versions, at least not TinnyAzel since that one actually has pursuit, something which Linda wants but lacks. And agreed on healers>TinnyAzel.

What's Fee doing this low? She is incredible. I would put her in High before anything else. What makes her this bad? A tier below Tinny [Azel]? Her mobility is like three times as good...I also don't think Radnay and Roddolban should be next to each other. Above Tinny [Levin] imo.

My bias against 95% of pegs can cloud my judgement sometimes. Moving

I also don't think Radnay and Roddolban should be next to each other. Above Tinny [Levin] imo.

..But that would put the swordkids right next to each other. Unless you stuck the don't in there by accident, or some other character besides Tinny[Levin]?

I disagree with a two tier gap between Mana and Rana, I think Mid is just fine for them both. Dimna is definitely better than this, I'd say in Lower Mid above Rodolban/Radney. Remember, he has mount, bownopoly, Pursuit and a +5 str event (just reminding in case you didn't know).

Im even questioning a tier gap between Dimna and Lester tbh, let alone a three or 4 or wtfe it is.

Also regarding the two tier gap between Rana and Mana, I can agree it shouldn't be that crazy. Still, actually being a viable fighter after promo as opposed to not being one should account for something. Not necessarily saying it's a tier's worth of something, but again, a case exists.

Yeah, Linda way up, no way she is Bottom Tier. Tristan > Hannibal, prolly > Corple too, I'd say...but that kind of depends on what sword you're willing to give to him.

Linda, maybe, but I can't see her out of low. Tristan, I'm not sure. He really is useless if he doesn't get the pursuit ring, and it's not like he has no competition for it.

Edited by Germany

well

10 LakcheLex: 41 HP, 14 str, 19 skill, 17 AS, 12 def

5 LakcheNoish: 34 HP, 12 str, 16 skill, 15 AS, 9 def

Maybe it isn't, after all, but there's certainly a case. There's also getting the promo bonuses sooner, to increase those leads.

Don't forget to mention how Lakche [Lex] only has 19% Meteor Sword to work with, ~34% chance of proc'ing on a double. Lakche [Noish] is looking at more like ~48% at this point. Also, every single version of the kids can afford the Elite Ring for the arena. Combine that with the EXP curve and I don't think they grow exactly twice as fast.

There's a case, I guess. Things like this make me think there's still too many tiers tbh...

I dunno, with Elite they will promote a lot faster than he will, and it isnt like Aless where he promotes in 2 chapters. I think you need to dig deeper than "Celice gets a mount on promo and swordkids don't". Agreed on Delmud though.

Celice is also the single best candidate for initial Elite Ring pass-on other than Delmud and Lester because of how early he can use it. And leadership is really really good. +20% avo to himself and everyone in support range. Becomes especially uber post-promo: everyone who can attack in Celice's support range attacks, then Celice himself attacks whatever he likes, and moves somewhere else, and everyone leftover can now attack in support range too.

I see them as eerily similar until promotion, especially if Celice has a sword that allows him to ORKO, and then they promote earlier, and after that Celice promotes and there's a really enormous gap between them. And before you put too much emphasis on that, remember there's also a period of time where Celice is running around with the Tyrfing which is at least as long.

You are remembering Johan's monopoly on the Hero Axe, right?

Yes. Until Leaf promotes, that is, though he has a lot of other weapons as well. The point is that Hero Axe is literally his ceiling of damage output. I may try him out/look deeper into him later, but for example Fin can have like almost two times his damage output with Hero Lance + Pursuit, or can afford to use Silver or Javelins.

Im even questioning a tier gap between Dimna and Lester tbh.

Well, Midir!Lester has the cool bows for a longer time, Charge and can inherit rings and other goodies...if you can see a tier gap between two Lakche versions I can see a tier gap between these two.

Linda, maybe,but I can't see her out of low.

Can't see things like Levin!Tinny or Azel!Tinny too far above her either. Linda one-shots things with Wrath'd Tron on player phase, or severely dents them to the point anyone can finish, and has Elite to get staves before any Tinny version.

Tristan, I'm not sure. He really is useless if he doesn't get the pursuit ring, and it's not like he has no competition for it.

Hannibal is useless as well no matter what you do with him, I just think Tristan can do more due to sheer availability and mobility leads.

There's a case, I guess. Things like this make me think there's still too many tiers tbh...

Maybe. I'll wait for second opinions on the matter.

Celice is also the single best candidate for initial Elite Ring pass-on other than Delmud and Lester because of how early he can use it. And leadership is really really good. +20% avo to himself and everyone in support range. Becomes especially uber post-promo: everyone who can attack in Celice's support range attacks, then Celice himself attacks whatever he likes, and moves somewhere else, and everyone leftover can now attack in support range too.

k

Yes. Until Leaf promotes, that is, though he has a lot of other weapons as well.

Well, Leaf is h4x enough on promo where he hardly needs a Hero weapon, so it kind of cancels out. As for the case of moving him down, I think you'd do better comparing him to lower mid character as opposed to Upper Mid, because all this says is that Fin could get rammed into High tier [a notion I actually agree with]

Well, Midir!Lester has the cool bows for a longer time, Charge and can inherit rings and other goodies...if you can see a tier gap between two Lakche versions I can see a tier gap between these two.

Oh yeah. Totally forgot about Bow inheritance. I'll bump him down a tier.

Can't see things like Levin!Tinny or Azel!Tinny too far above her either. Linda one-shots things with Wrath'd Tron on player phase, or severely dents them to the point anyone can finish, and has Elite to get staves before any Tinny version.

except Lex!Tinny *shot*

Anyway, I'll admit I forgot about Wrath+Actual good magic, but being an open target is still a problem....I suppose it's not so much of one that it's unworkable with Canto units fencing her back in.

Hannibal is useless as well no matter what you do with him, I just think Tristan can do more due to sheer availability and mobility leads.

i guess :/

Very very skeptical about him>Corple, though. No way above Sharlow [berserk staff]

Edited by Germany

Im even questioning a tier gap between Dimna and Lester tbh, let alone a three or 4 or wtfe it is.

Once Dimna gets the Hero/Killer Bow in Chapter 8, yeah, he's almost as good as Lester, but he has a rough time before that. Chapter 6, Iron Bow vs. Hero Bow is not favorable for him even with the Strength boost. Chapter 7 vendor he gets Steel so he does better damage per hit, but with Hero Bow Lester has twice as many hits, and Lester has Killer Bow and Charge for whatever as well. Chapter 8, once Dimna gets the cool bows, yeah, he's almost-Lester for the rest of 8 and the second half of the generation. I'd see him in Mid. Probably somewhere below Nanna (Fin) and above Faval, since Faval's not even there when Dinma doesn't have cool bows and then he does and is mounted.

Oh. Good then.

And what applies for Tristan probably applies for Femina. Anyone disagree with Femina > Tristan from before?

Fee[Claude] is certainly better than Mana post-promotion. Ability to use Rescue and Reserve staves plus 5 Magic vs. Large offense, defense, and mobility wins is pretty clear. Before promotion, eh, generic staff chick vs. Flier with poor offense unless she gets a Hero weapon. (Fin and Oifaye probably don't mind passing up the Hero Lance much, though, at least for now.) Being staff chick doesn't seem to help Janne's position a lot, though Mana is also there for Chapter 6 and has better Magic and staves. I could see Fee[Levin] and Claude jumping the gap to Mid pretty easily. Then they probably keep going up, so Rana. Eh, Rana can inherit staves from her mother, takes hits better than Rana did though still loses durability, and actually has offense post-promotion, though likely worse offense. They've certainly got a decent case. Fee[Claude] is probably not above Nanna[Fin] at first glance, though.

Is Sety [Levin] really better than Shanan and Aless? Really? They have like a chapter and a half on him, Shanan is just as unkillable, and Aless is mounted. I'm not arguing Arthur because ch6 Holsety is pretty much the most broken thing imaginable even on foot. Sety [Levin] is better against a small handful of boss enemies that are certainly threatening but are hardly unbeatable without him. And I don't see much point to him having staff utility at that point. At least not enough to put a lead over those two.

Nanna in general should probably go up a bit. If only the Earth Sword were as good as it was in FE5...

EDIT: It feels to me like Fin is too low, but I don't know if I'd put him over Julia which in turn makes me wonder if she's still too low? Note that my estimations of her are entirely independent of her Narga performance, although I suppose you can't entirely ignore that (although in most cases it'll only be useful against one enemy so meh). Staff from early ch6, Rezire is pretty crazy, promotes to a class that can use Elwind just like Arthur [Azel], has vastly more MAG, and gets more SPD than him after promotion (admittedly due to caps, but still, that's out there). He has movement on her after promotion, but she has staff range.

Edited by Renall

And what applies for Tristan probably applies for Femina. Anyone disagree with Femina > Tristan from before?

Oh right. I forgot all about the Femina thing.

stuff about fee

Let's start slow. Above Mana for now.

Is Sety [Levin] really better than Shanan and Aless? Really? They have like a chapter and a half on him, Shanan is just as unkillable, and Aless is mounted. I'm not arguing Arthur because ch6 Holsety is pretty much the most broken thing imaginable even on foot. Sety [Levin] is better against a small handful of boss enemies that are certainly threatening but are hardly unbeatable without him. And I don't see much point to him having staff utility at that point. At least not enough to put a lead over those two.

I dunno, you may be underestimating 1-2 range somewhat. It's quite convenient for wiping out mage/javelin hordes on the counter, something neither Shanan or Aless can do all that well.

EDIT: It feels to me like Fin is too low

I agree. He seems to have all the makings of a high tier unit. Even if it's only bottom of high.

EDIT: It feels to me like Fin is too low

I agree. He seems to have all the makings of a high tier unit. Even if it's only bottom of high.

Fin's similar to Oifaye if he just promoted before leaving in Gen 1 (and this assumes he didn't get any stat boosts from anything, of which he has several available and is arguably the best choice for some of them because he'll be able to use them longer). He loses in basically all categories but LCK, though not by much anywhere but RES. And of course he's stuck with lances, which is not an entirely bad thing inasmuch as Fee/Femina is his only really strong competition for them (Oifaye, Aless, and Celice all have better options than lances, though they could theoretically use them). Fin does have the STR to actually use non-Hero lances and a decent chunk of AS to deal with the weight from them though, so he could hang out and rock a Silver or something. He's also going to start with the Hero if Fury wasn't paired (otherwise I would assume he always sells it to her for the duration of Gen 1). But he should have no problem buying it back should he need it.

Still, I just wonder how good that actually winds up being. The Alster force in ch7 is no real threat to Fin, but by ch8 he runs into some modest defensive troubles, not unlike Oifaye. But Oifaye has 8 RES to put up against the mage enemies of ch8, and Fin will be lucky to have half that. So that's like 4-8 more damage, depending on whether they get doubled (Oifaye won't, Fin might).

So he isn't Oifaye. Is he as good as some of the other people in High and Mid? I dunno.

Edited by Renall

He isn't Oifaye? Hell, who is? There's a reason I didn't say he should go above Oifaye.

I think the better question is "What makes Yuria a tier up on him when Fin wins mov, durability, and Hero Lance compensates for not taking counters at times" Granted Fin has no answer to Nosferatu, but I still don't think it's worth a tier gap seeing as how Yuria has no business getting attacked anyway.

He isn't Oifaye? Hell, who is? There's a reason I didn't say he should go above Oifaye.

I think the better question is "What makes Yuria a tier up on him when Fin wins mov, durability, and Hero Lance compensates for not taking counters at times" Granted Fin has no answer to Nosferatu, but I still don't think it's worth a tier gap seeing as how Yuria has no business getting attacked anyway.

What would make Yuria be above Fin, in my opinion, is the fact that she is your best healer until Sety/Hawk joins you. Unless you, for some odd reaason, pair Aidean with Claude, no one else can have an A rank in staves until Sety/Hawk joins you, and they are only better healer's since they are better fighters as they are also B in staves unless you paired Fury with Claude. Yuria always gains a point in Magic, and has pursuit and continue which can make her a fairly good fighter. She can also make for a decent mage killer. She also has a relive staff so she'll gain 20 exp per use which means she'll level fairly nicely.

As for the earlier mentioned Linda being better than Tinny, I think Linda would be better than Levin!Tinny. Both characters have to rely on wrath to deal damage and Linda is dealing more with earlier access to Tron. Additionally, she has a bit better magic and Elite, so she'll level faster. Levin!Tinny has continue and the somewhat redundant in her case critical skill, but that doesn't beat out Elite and early access to Tron. The reason I wouldn't say she should be above Azel!Tinny is because of the great stats the pairing gives her, the fact she has pursuit (so she won't always be relying on wrath and can deal decent damage before she starts to rely on wrath), along with the fact that both gain continue upon promotion anyway.

As for the earlier mentioned Linda being better than Tinny, I think Linda would be better than Levin!Tinny. Both characters have to rely on wrath to deal damage and Linda is dealing more with earlier access to Tron. Additionally, she has a bit better magic and Elite, so she'll level faster. Levin!Tinny has continue and the somewhat redundant in her case critical skill, but that doesn't beat out Elite and early access to Tron. The reason I wouldn't say she should be above Azel!Tinny is because of the great stats the pairing gives her, the fact she has pursuit (so she won't always be relying on wrath and can deal decent damage before she starts to rely on wrath), along with the fact that both gain continue upon promotion anyway.

Whoa whoa whoa. Linda isn't bad by any means, but I don't know about better than a Levin-seeded Tinny. Linda's getting crushed in SPD and SKL, even with a level lead. If she has exactly 2x Tinny's level they're comparable, sure, but I don't think she will, and Tinny's got more room to grow, Wind and Elwind, more HP, and later she's basically the only person who can even use Tornado without it being a total waste. Is Elite and Thoron immediately really better than Continue and Critical? Tinny at least has a chance to double.

What would make Yuria be above Fin, in my opinion, is the fact that she is your best healer until Sety/Hawk joins you. Unless you, for some odd reaason, pair Aidean with Claude, no one else can have an A rank in staves until Sety/Hawk joins you, and they are only better healer's since they are better fighters as they are also B in staves unless you paired Fury with Claude. Yuria always gains a point in Magic, and has pursuit and continue which can make her a fairly good fighter. She can also make for a decent mage killer. She also has a relive staff so she'll gain 20 exp per use which means she'll level fairly nicely.

Note the operative words "a tier", as in "There shouldn't be a tier difference between Fin and Yuria", not "Fin>Yuria"

Yuria will never have A rank in staves.

I guess I didn't make myself very clear on what I was saying. I never meant to say that Yuria was getting a A staff rank. Unless you have some one with an A staff rank (Claude!Rana or Claude!Sety, the former of which is unlikely to happen) every one, except Nanna/Janne, will be B in staves like Yuria. And since Yuria has a 100% mag growth, she is your best healer until Sety/Hawk join since they will have better magic.

Whoa whoa whoa. Linda isn't bad by any means, but I don't know about better than a Levin-seeded Tinny. Linda's getting crushed in SPD and SKL, even with a level lead. If she has exactly 2x Tinny's level they're comparable, sure, but I don't think she will, and Tinny's got more room to grow, Wind and Elwind, more HP, and later she's basically the only person who can even use Tornado without it being a total waste. Is Elite and Thoron immediately really better than Continue and Critical? Tinny at least has a chance to double.

Elite and Imediate Thoron are better when Linda gains continue upon promotion and the fact that wrath makes critical stupid.

Regarding Lakche [Lex] and Skasar [Lex]: I've made an excel document which aims to simulate their growth rates against other parents, using a few random features and stuff. The details of how it works aren't that Important I guess, asides from it gives a roughly 60-65% kill rate for non-elite and 65-70% for elite (it varies, but it uses the same RNs for both so Elite will always be a higher level).

Anyway, here's what it came up with:

As you'd expect, the [Lex] level lead grows pretty rapidly - reaching around 3 levels in about 15-20 fights. However, every level lead it has slows it down; it takes another 20ish fights to gain another 2 levels on the non-Lex Swordfighters. These leads occur around level 11 vs. 6 to 14 vs. 9.

A notable point is level 20 for both - [Lex] is reaching it in around 55-65 fights when non-[Lex] is about level 12-14 (usually 13). Non-[Lex] is getting to level 20 in about 85-95 fights, at which point [Lex] will be level 26-28.

Some other typical stats I seem to get:

Average level lead of about 5; this increases to 5.3 if you discount when [Lex] hits level 30.

A max level lead typically of around 7-8 - this is usually right towards the end, although from [Lex] hitting level 20 onwards the lead is around 6-7 levels.

Basically, the point I'm making is; don't be too generous to Lakche [Lex] and Skasar [Lex]; they're almost certainly the best forms of them, but keep the level leads they have sensible - 20 [Lex] to 13 non, 27 [Lex] to 20 non, if you want lower levels, 10 [Lex] to 6 non or 15 [Lex] to 10 non or something around there.

Edited by I eat tables

Out of all the worthwhile pairings Tinny [levin] is the only one without pursuit (that fights), does that not mean that she makes the best candidate for the pursuit ring since it was apparently fiated by someone that Celice should get the elite ring (not that I disagree with, since it's a must for rank runs)? I'm not really arguing for it since everyone will shoot me down or something, but if she does, she should go up a lot.

Um...also shouldn't Corple be split up into different Corples? If Corple [Claude] is slightly above the others, shouldn't Corple [Levn] be higher still? If anyone is considering my proposal than I would see it like this:

Corple [Levn]

Corple [Claude]

Sharlow

Corple [Lex]

Corple [Azel]

For Leen:

Leen [Lex]

Leen [Arden]

Leen [everyone else]

Whatever, just some thoughts to consider...

Edited by Brighton