What would YOU want in a new FE

Mister Cold

I would want,

FE10's growth (or the one were you can save in a map IF no one has moved, it givs you a chance to RNG abuse, but not limitless like FE10)

FE9's skills (FE10's were too overpowered)

with the execptions of the laguz's (give them the royal skill instead of the master skill)

FE8's choice in classes

FE7's difficulty (perhaps multiple "roads" aswell)

FE11's online play, maybe even more goals, like defend an area, or just rout each other, etc

What would YOU want?

*note: I haven't played any FE below FE6*

Edited by Mister Cold

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.SUPPORT CONVERSATIONS

2.Save pionts

3.Resistant growths

4.Changable ending

5.Diffrent difuculty settings just like FE 11

6.Good story and character backstory

7.Wifi battles

8.Reclass just like 11 but you have classes like in sacred stones

9.better classes

10.better caps and growths and a good end game character

11.what else oh yeah support conversations

Let's see...

• FE DS's fast gameplay, turn-skipping and all.
  • FE10's guaranteed minimum of 1 stat increase per Level Up (just because).
  • Oh, and a new Mage girl (did we really need Ilyana a second time? Linde was fairly okay, but her FE3 incarnation was much better).

Hmm, I can't actually think of much else right now. I'd just be content seeing an actual new FE : P

Multiple gaiden chapters ala FE7.

The Base System ala FE9/10.

Support System ala FE9.

New characters and new world/story.

Skill System ala FE10.

New classes but not third tier nonsense.

Let's see...

• Oh, and a new Mage girl (did we really need Ilyana a second time? Linde was fairly okay, but her FE3 incarnation was much better).

Hmm, I can't actually think of much else right now. I'd just be content seeing an actual new FE : P

Never knew FE10 garunteed at least 1 stat up a level. That's always cool, a level of nothing always infuriated me.

As for Linde, you mean FE3 Book 2? Yeah, she was the bomb then. Book 1 compared to FEDS, I'd actually see FEDS is better.

Anyways, what I'd want.

-Support Conversations, I luff mah characters. None of this FE10 cop out.

-FEDS's speed, it's delicious.

-FEDS-FE6 difficulty.

-Laguz, just keep trying to fix them up. I think FE3 dragon system works perfectly fine.

-Tellius affinities.

-Supports limited, like in GBA and FE9.

-FE6 weapon balance

-Much more constraint on resources.

-I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing skills come back, but none of this taking it off people and giving it to others (I'm taking your talent away from you and giving it to someone else).

-New continent, though Magvel needs a sequel. Suppose Laguz is hard to explain here, and so are manaketes...New Continent.

-Good Writing never hurt anyone.

-FE8's multiple classes was a nice touch.

Little bit of everything could make something magical.

Prince -> Master Knight

Princess -> Master Knight

That above all else. Mist had swords and staves at base in PoR, why couldn't she have promoted to Master Knight? I mean, she's not a princess, but she would have been pretty sweet in part 4.

Well, that and Swordmasters having similar str caps relative to the rest of the player units as they did in fe4 (tied for #1). And for Astra to be more like Shooting Star. And numerous magic swords like in fe4 and fe5. Also, if arenas must exist, make them like fe4.

Let's see...

Never knew FE10 garunteed at least 1 stat up a level. That's always cool, a level of nothing always infuriated me.

As for Linde, you mean FE3 Book 2? Yeah, she was the bomb then. Book 1 compared to FEDS, I'd actually see FEDS is better.

Anyways, what I'd want.

-Support Conversations, I luff mah characters. None of this FE10 cop out.

-FEDS's speed, it's delicious.

-FEDS-FE6 difficulty.

-Laguz, just keep trying to fix them up. I think FE3 dragon system works perfectly fine.

-Tellius affinities.

-Supports limited, like in GBA and FE9.

-FE6 weapon balance

-Much more constraint on resources.

-I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing skills come back, but none of this taking it off people and giving it to others (I'm taking your talent away from you and giving it to someone else).

-New continent, though Magvel needs a sequel. Suppose Laguz is hard to explain here, and so are manaketes...New Continent.

-Good Writing never hurt anyone.

-FE8's multiple classes was a nice touch.

Little bit of everything could make something magical.

what is the FE3 dragon system?

Things I Want In a New Fire Emblem Game:

1. Supports to function like they did in Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn (where you could check them at a base instead of having units activate them on the map). Also, there should be a "support EXP meter" of some sort, where you can actually find out how far along you are to gaining supports with certain units.

2. Save points. Not like the Battle Save option in Radiant Dawn, but something like the Map Save function in Shadow Dragon.

3. A longer and more intriguing story, something along 50+ chapters maybe?

4. Side Chapters. I actually found the idea of having less than 15 units as a requirement in the side chapters for Shadow Dragon quite interesting. They should keep that idea for the next game.

5. Choice in classes upon promotion, like in Sacred Stones. However, a reclassing option similar to the one in Shadow Dragon should be available for promoted units.

6. Multiple Endings

7. Downloadable Trial Maps

8. A more fleshed out online Multiplayer

9. Balanced character stats and reasonable growth rates. No character should suck so much as to be considered nothing more than a sacrifice, and no character should ever be so broken as to be able to solo the entire game on his own.

10. Multiple difficulty levels. I'm thinking:

The standard Easy, Normal, and Hard modes

A Maniac mode (that could be unlockable by clearing Hard mode)

And something harder than Maniac mode (more enemies per map, more promoted enemies, higher stats than in Maniac, etc.)

Basically you have a stone (Like a Laguz Stone). It has let's say 30 uses. 1 use, you are transformed for let's say 10 turns. This means you are able to attack 10 times, not be defenseless for 10 turns, and can move greater for 10 turns. Basically you can stretch a single stone over the course of 300 turns. For a laguz, this is fine as they are stuck at melee and can't forge, but in exchange they don't have to pay for a damn thing. In FE3, you could also have various stones (Fire, Divine, Demon), as hard as it was to get the third. It would be even more interesting with all the new laguz units around. Imagine it, Raven Stone, Tiger Stone, Cat Stone, Hawk Stone, Wolf Stone, Black Red and White Dragon Stone.

It was a lot more fun than the laguz system now really.

Mamkutes/Manaketes use their Dragonstones as items to transform into dragons for a random number of turns (at least 5 turns, I think). When they're in dragon form, their weapons have infinite uses and 1~2 range.

So it's a bit like Laguz, with ranged weapons (and Laguz Stones) I suppose.

Whoa, beaten.

Edited by VincentASM

Basically you have a stone (Like a Laguz Stone). It has let's say 30 uses. 1 use, you are transformed for let's say 10 turns. This means you are able to attack 10 times, not be defenseless for 10 turns, and can move greater for 10 turns. Basically you can stretch a single stone over the course of 300 turns. For a laguz, this is fine as they are stuck at melee and can't forge, but in exchange they don't have to pay for a damn thing. In FE3, you could also have various stones (Fire, Divine, Demon), as hard as it was to get the third. It would be even more interesting with all the new laguz units around. Imagine it, Raven Stone, Tiger Stone, Cat Stone, Hawk Stone, Wolf Stone, Black Red and White Dragon Stone.

It was a lot more fun than the laguz system now really.

That does look like more fun (I always hated the 30 attack thing with Mamkutes, altho in FE11 if you actually use her if you sacrifices marths ultimate weapon)

1. More Trainees WITH Third (Or in this case, Fourth) Tier classes. Something like this:

Journeyman promotes either to Fighter, Pirate, or Brigand.

Pirate can promote to Berserker or Viking.

Fighter can promote to Viking or Warrior.

Brigand can promote to Warrior or Conqueror.

And THOSE classes have a direct promotion as well.

Berserker -> Guardian

Viking -> Seamaster

Warrior -> Reaver

Conqueror -> Warlord

Basic idea: Journeyman (Or Insert Trainee here) Gets to Level 10, and instantly promotes into the following three classes of choice you see.

Then it branches out into specialties, each one getting two classes to choose. New ones' info:

Viking- A sea-faring axeman with the innate ability to traverse water with little difficulty.

Qualities:

Axes: D-S

Waterwalk: 1/2 MOV Penalty Over Water

Stats:

High STR and STR Growth

Poor SKL

Decent RES and Cavalier-like RES Growth

Sub-par SPD Growth

----------------

Conqueror- Barbaric tribesman with a hunger for battle and mountain air.

Qualities:

Mountainman: 1/2 MOV Penalty Over Mountains

Stats:

Medium STR and High STR Growth

Terrible DEF and Mediocre DEF Growth

Low SPD and Bad SPD Growth

High AVO Growth

----------------

Viking- A feared and fabled warrior who is without peer on the waves.

Qualities:

Waterwalk: No MOV Penalty Over Water

Stats:

Awesome STR and Low STR Growth

Good DEF and Medium DEF Growth

Good SPD and Low SPD Growth

+5 Crit and +10 on Water

----------------

Stuff like that.

2. A Trainee Prince with a grand total of four promotions, effectively molding your own Lord as however you please.

3. Spider Riders. Jesus.

4. Most classes from every stripe of FE.

Edited by OliverXRenning

Let's see...

+ The flexibility and feature-richness of a recent console Fire Emblem, like FE 9 and 10, on the DS or another portable platform. FE11, while faithful to the original, was somewhat disappointing to me because it didn't bring some of my favorite advancements of the series to the portable platform.

+ Support Conversations need to come back. They added so much life and personality to what are otherwise just faces and classes. It's especially bad in FE11, where most characters don't even have a fixed class to contribute to their overall personality/feel. I enjoy the game a lot more with them. I liked FE9's implementation of them best, I think.

+ Limited support options per character (rather than allxall), as well as an interface that clearly indentifies

1) Who you can support with.

2) How long it takes to gain that support/progress thus far.

+ Female Berserker. Good Female Armor knight (ok, so Amelia was alright, but she took a lot of effort to raise). Combinations we haven't yet had. Flying Magic wielder could be amusing (and deadly).

+ Lords based off different class archetypes. Berserker lord and Dracoknight lord could be cool.

+ Challenging Hard mode is good. That can stay. I think 5 degrees of hardness are overkill, though. I mean, really, no one is going to play H2, 3, or 4. You either want Hard mode, or you want Hardest mode. Maybe the new game could have "normal" Hard and Merciless "hardest" settings.

+ I liked FE11's map save points. I think it was a good compromise between being able to save as frequently as you want, and having no permanent saves at all during a mission.

+ Laguz and Manakete type characters are one of the elements that make Fire Emblem a distinctly different series from any other generic strategy RPG in a fantasy setting. It would be nice to see them retained. It might be a really cool idea to have a Manakete lord, actually. Early availability of Laguz (as part of your core starting units, for example) would be cool too.

+ Thieves being a useful class with a unique function. I think having stealable stat boosters/items added challenge and fun to the game, as well as giving Thieves a unique ability that can't be replicated simply by buying a key.

+ Skills on the DS. Skills add customization to your characters and add replay value. They add a lot to diversify the game.

- Speaking of skills, third tier skills/master skills need to be changed to removed; anything you hit with them pretty much insta-dies. They trivialize the game's challenge.

+ I like reclassing but I'm not sure if it should be retained. I think it adds replay value to the game, and it's definitely fun to experiment with raising a character in different builds. At the same time, I think it detracts a bit from the RPG side of the game though; it might just be me, but part of what defines a character's personality in Fire Emblem is his class or role. Titania is impressive, because she's a starting Jeigan/Paladin that never outlives her usefulness. FE9 Soren is really cool, because he's got amazing speed and evasion for a mage. When characters can be of any class, I feel some of the identity of the character is lost.

- I'm ambivalent on third tier classes. More just an extension of the game's math, really. I could take them or leave them.

+ Bonus EXP rewards on the DS/portable FE. This gave you a good reason/goal to finish a map quickly.

Maybe a more balanced system than what is currently implemented, that allows less opportunity for RNG abuse. Perhaps it could grant you up to half your level (50-51 exp) rather than leveling a character up outright. So you can grow a character a little faster over a series of missions.

+ Last, but not least, online multiplayer. The player should create an account on a remote server, where his team is kept. This way, the player has a much harder time hacking his characters. Maps are one time entities that cannot be reloaded, so there is less possibility for save state exploitation of the RNG. There should be a matchmaking system to pit your team against another with the same average level. The level of your highest level character should be capped to 5 or so above that of your lowest level character (eliminates abuse such as having an unkillable level 20 promote in an otherwise innocuous team of level 1's). "Lost" EXP from this could be converted to Bonus EXP, maybe. Weapons might be given out randomly, as obtainable map objectives, and wealth would be limited to prevent forging from being obscene. There should also be a mode with fixed stats and weapons, suitable to be a platform for even and fair competitive play. FE also needs to take a note from Advance Wars and attempt to mitigate the inherent first-turn advantage of turn-based play somehow. Perhaps by giving Player 2 a few extra actions, a buff of some kind, etc. Maps need to be carefully designed so both teams are equidistant to the same important objective.

Edited by Blackbird

FE4 type story, FE4 type map, FE4's two generations, FE4's play style, FE5's Elite Mode, FE7's length, FE7's sidequests and requirements, FE8's multible promotions, FE4's skills, FE10 three promotions, FE11's online play.

I like FE4 if you haven't noticed.

i like a lot of the things mentioned,but I would like ton add a note of my own to supports.

I think they got it right,in fragments.What I see as Ideal would be,GBA affinities(lol Tellius,where no one wants you if you don't have earth),with POR's map based support levels.This let's supports exist without hindering efficiency.As well,i believe they should retain RD's rounding up of bonuses.This made a lot more potential pairs viable,instead of,lol,your bonuses don't match,useless support.

Supporting anyone in RD was a cool concept,and would have been great if they had decided to take the time to write those planned supports.

A game that ISN'T A REMAKE.

FE2: Villager class was nice.

FE4: I haven't played but I hear there are a lot of cool classes.

FE6: The abundance of units.

FE7: Difficulty of this game was good and multiple endings was nice.

FE8: The trainee classes and the branch promotion.

FE9: Support system, no FoWs except on hard mode, an interesting personality for every unit and promotion.

FE10: A minimum of 1 stat per level up.

Obviously I don't want ALL OF THIS at the same time though. XD It'd be too much but most of this are things I like.

Bases (like 9/10).

Supports such as in 10, with special dialogue for certain pairs of units (like they were going to do).

No leveling up and getting nothing in the way of stat-ups (this really irritates me when I play PoR).

Battle Saves to make a return.

Third tier classes/Mastery Skills.

Trial maps availiable when you complete the game.

More Dark Magic users

Bring back magic swords

I think it would be cool if you had your own character in it (Some sort of portrait creator, and some sort of "forge" for their stats and growths, maybe), and you had choices on where you went and such. I had an awesome idea, but I can't remember it.

Trainee Swordsman = Apprentice.

Trainee Lord = Prince.

Trainee Beast Mount = Newbie.

By Beast Mount, I mean something like this:

Newbie-> Peg Knight, Wyvern Knight, or Spider Knight.