This would be awesome.

OrangeDragon

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this?

• Hell yeah!
    • No opinion.
    • No way.

So I was playing Twilight Princess, using the dominion rod to move a statue so I could get to a treasure chest on a ledge. I ended up missing the statue on the second jump, so I had to move it back to the first gap, go back to the beginning of the path, etc. Back and forth the statue went...making me wish Link could fly, or at least jump farther. Then I came up with this idea.

What if you could somehow transfer characters from game to game? I would put Spyro in that situation and just fly or glide to the treasure chest. Imagine how much Link would pwn in Fire Emblem...he'd be a wolf laguz that rides a horse and wields swords and bows in human form.

Which characters would you transfer to which games if this was possible?

that would make games too easy, i mean think about it if link could fly in zelda than yhere would be little exploring(big part of the game) if a laguz culd use swords bows and ride horse it'd be too broken. Of course you could always do it to make a game fun

You know.. Link could fly(even though it's more like hovering) in MM. And he could fly(although it's more like teleporting) in ALttP.

But yeah, needs more Cavilers/Paladins riding a Yoshi or a Rapidash.

I'd take someone ridiculously powerful from a fighting game and put him into an obscure strategy title. He'd be the leader of the player's army thanks to his huge muscles and have a massive broadsword which he wields single-handedly with ease. He'd also have access to a secret special move no one else in the game has, Aerial Strike or Empyrean Death Blow of Sun and Moon might be good names, which kills most anything in one attack because it hits multiple times. In fact, he'd probably be able to solo the game were the player so inclined. A shocking conclusion would be in order though, one which betrays this character's not being of that game's world. I picture the game ending with him forsaking all the princesses and mage girls grovelling at his incogitably masculine feet in order to leave the world forever with his boyhood friend, or maybe something anthropomorphic to give the fan artists some extra material to work.

That would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

It would make games way too broken.

Let's transfer FE10 Haar into Street Fighter 3 and have him beat the crap out of Gill.

That fuck deserves more than Haar. Give him Levin!Arthur.

Not character transfers, but I wouldn't mind cameos or anything. IIRC, Gerik in FE8 started as a Mercenary and could go to either Hero or Nomad Ranger. IS could put in a Mercenary with a green palette that promoted into a Nomad Ranger and could make the name allude to Link in some way. Something as simple as that. Its not like Nintendo games are strangers to having other franchises come in.

Not character transfers, but I wouldn't mind cameos or anything. IIRC, Gerik in FE8 started as a Mercenary and could go to either Hero or Nomad Ranger. IS could put in a Mercenary with a green palette that promoted into a Nomad Ranger and could make the name allude to Link in some way. Something as simple as that. Its not like Nintendo games are strangers to having other franchises come in.

Why would nintendo do this when there are so many talented spriters and hackers who can make this a reality for you already?

Why would nintendo do this when there are so many talented spriters and hackers who can make this a reality for you already?

They've already done it. The Megaton punch game in Kirby Super Star has Mario, Luigi, and a few others in the background. Link's Awakening has a few different references to Mario, enemies from Mario, and Yoshi. A couple of the same things in Ocarina of Time. Link and Samus, IIRC, are both in Super Mario RPG.

Its not uncommon for Nintendo to cameo their own characters.