Reasons to buy a PS3...

Jyosua

Agree? Yes or no.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Reasons: Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, BlazBlue

I know what you meant, but I seriously doubt you played for long enough to truly be able to judge a game. If you borrowed a PS3 or knew someone who would let you play one, you'd be able to find games you like much easier than 20 minutes of play time. RPGs are proof enough that you need more than 20 minutes to see if a game is truly for you.

More like 3 to 5 hours rather than 20 mins for me back then. And since RPG is my least liked gaming genre, I played mostly action games, FPS and sports games, and those don't need lots and lots of times to see what they're worth. And I say it again : visually awesome, but unremarkable gaming-wise. Games of similar genres on former gen consoles can do just as fine.

Here's the link I posted earlier in the topic

The top 50 highest rated games ever released. This generation holds three of the top five and four of the top ten.

Thanks for the list. :)

Just a question... Does this ranking list bases itself only on anglo-saxon magazines and gaming websites, or does it take on account other countries' magazines and sites, such as Japan with Famitsu, France with Jeuxvidéo.com, or Germany, for example ? Because, unless I'm blind, I can't seem to see foreign reviews in it.

Edited by AceNoctali

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the list. :)

No problem :o.

Just a question... Does this ranking list bases itself only on anglo-saxon magazines and gaming websites, or does it take on account other countries' magazines and sites, such as Japan with Famitsu, France with Jeuxvidéo.com, or Germany, for example ? Because, unless I'm blind, I can't seem to see foreign reviews in it.

It takes all NA and UK magazines/reviewsites into the average. It doesn't take Japanese gaming magazines or sites into the average. All that would really change from that is an increase in JRPG ratings and a decrease in all western game releases that don't have Sony's name on it (InFAMOUS, Uncharted, Ratchet etc). The Japanese really don't like anything western when it comes to games.

I'm wondering if the PS 3 can play Japanese PS 2 games. The backward compatible ones, of course. Or are they region-locked like PS 2?

Only if you get a Japanese Ps3. Something about Region Coding.

Edited by Nagi

Only if you get a Japanese Ps3. Something about Region Coding.

Crap. I could've sworn I heard somewhere that PS 3 took out the region coding from PS 2. What about Blu-Ray? I don't see how they can region lock that.

In regard to movies, DVD and Blu-Ray region locks are honored by the PlayStation 3. There are only three Blu-ray regions, however, and Japan and North America are in the same one. The region locks for PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 titles are still honored whereas PlayStation 3 games are devoid of region locks altogether. The PlayStation 3 is alleged to be capable of honoring region locks for PlayStation 3 games, but the feature is hitherto unused.

Edited by Wist

Valkyria chronicles is my most wanted ps3 game. That's gonna be my first purchase when I finally get a ps3.

Good choice my man, my first PS3 game as well and it's amazing. (currently playing)

Edited by Nagi

I bought BlazBlue for the 360 even though I don't have a 360. Looks like I'm going to get a 360.

Why would you do that? PS3 online is FREE!