Suggestions for what to add to the site?

VincentASM

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that a lot of the mods and admin here is European or otherwise in PAL parts of the world, but is there anyway we can get the character names in FE11 to be crosslisted with their NOA counterparts? Shiida/Caeda, Nabarl/Navarre for example, gets rather annoying after a while to have to remember since they've got such different names in NOA as compared to NOE. Not completely necessary, but would be helpful for us playing FE11 Stateside.

EDIT: I know that we have this page which gives the differences, but it would be really helpful if we had both names on the average stats, growths, etc. pages as well.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

I don't really feel like using the NA names. Besides, the FE7-10 sections use the NA names, so I think it's only fair FE DS gets to use the PAL names, since it was released in Europe first.

I don't really feel like using the NA names. Besides, the FE7-10 sections use the NA names, so I think it's only fair FE DS gets to use the PAL names, since it was released in Europe first.

I'm not saying to only use the NA names, but rather put them both together on the same line. If you feel it's unnecessary, that's fine, but I thought it should've at least been brought up.

If you can find the blog entry, that would be great ^^

http://yaymarsha.blogspot.com/2009/02/1508-is-new-1543.html <-- This is the link you want. Ctrl + F "duplication" and you'll see where I mentioned it (near the bottom).

, if you prefer to see the more amusing uses of the glitch.

Glad to know somebody cares. :)

Edited by YayMarsha

Thanks, I also managed to get it to work.

Though, does it only work on the Japanese version? I tried dozens of time on the EU version, but got it to work straightaway on the Japanese version o__o

Haven't checked the NA version yet.

EDIT

It worked on the NA version. Even more odd, the clone stayed in the same place for two turns (by the second turn, there were two clones on the map).

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but I've been using replacement characters in the Japanese and NA version. However, I used characters with portraits in the EU version.

EDIT2

Nope, still can't get it work on the EU version, even with replacement characters : o

Edited by VincentASM

It worked on the NA version. Even more odd, the clone stayed in the same place for two turns (by the second turn, there were two clones on the map).

This is very interesting. If you don't mind me asking (it's a bit off-topic, I guess), could you test using the clone as a Light Rune on the North American version? It doesn't work in the Japanese version because the clone fades during the enemy phase, but if the clone lasts for two turns, maybe it would work? Sadly, I can't think of any other practical use for that two turn thing offhand.

This is very interesting. If you don't mind me asking (it's a bit off-topic, I guess), could you test using the clone as a Light Rune on the North American version? It doesn't work in the Japanese version because the clone fades during the enemy phase, but if the clone lasts for two turns, maybe it would work? Sadly, I can't think of any other practical use for that two turn thing offhand.

I tested with with Julian and Lena in Chapter 3 twice and it appears if you have only one clone on the map, they can act as a Light Rune for 3 turns ended.

The most clones (of one character) that I could create was four.

EDIT

Oh yeah, I just realised my NA ROM is hacked (so I could get the H5 stats quicker). It would be cool if someone else who has the NA version could check this as well, just in case my hacking had any side effects.

Could we get a save section?

Sure, I've been meaning to work on this. I'll probably start gathering some save files soon.

Edited by VincentASM

• 3 weeks later...

FE9 forge availability (as in, which chapters allow you to forge which weapons) would be helpful. When I get some time, I'll also be able to do work with RD CEXP gain formulae.

FE9 forge availability (as in, which chapters allow you to forge which weapons) would be helpful. When I get some time, I'll also be able to do work with RD CEXP gain formulae.

I could have sworn there was a topic in the PoR forum way long ago that listed the chapters in which forges appear. I looked for it a couple months back and couldn't find it though. I suppose the same thing would be nice in RD, too.

I could have sworn there was a topic in the PoR forum way long ago that listed the chapters in which forges appear. I looked for it a couple months back and couldn't find it though. I suppose the same thing would be nice in RD, too.

That's already there on the RD forge page though:

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/forge.html

And I was talking about the site, not the forum.

That's already there on the RD forge page though:

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/forge.html

And it's very helpful. But it doesn't say when stuff is available for forging. Like, Iron weapons in 1-4, steel weapons in 1-E (except possibly steel knives), silver weapons in 4-2. Forging is available in chapters 1-4 through 1-E, then 3-2 through 3-E, 4-2, 4-5, 4-E before selecting your team. (And I don't know when javelins and hand axes first become available)

And I was talking about the site, not the forum.

True, but if anyone could find the thread in the forum then it would certainly help make the page. Actually, I don't know when it was added but it is there now, for PoR.

Easy/Normal

Hard

Maniac

Looks like that was added today, actually.

So it's just fe10 that doesn't say when.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

And it's very helpful. But it doesn't say when stuff is available for forging. Like, Iron weapons in 1-4, steel weapons in 1-E (except possibly steel knives), silver weapons in 4-2. Forging is available in chapters 1-4 through 1-E, then 3-2 through 3-E, 4-2, 4-5, 4-E before selecting your team. (And I don't know when javelins and hand axes first become available)

Forging is not available in DB part 3: specifically 3-6, 3-12, and 3-13. It's also not available in the CRK chapters: Part 2 and 3-9. It is available for:

1-4 through 1-E

3-2 through 3-5

3-7 and 3-8

3-10 and 3-11

3-E

4-2

4-5

4-E (before leaving the base for the first time)

This any good? : )

Interestingly, it's possible to forge a Slim Sword, Slim Lance or Worm, but only in the debug map.

Awesome.

And it would have been great if you could forge Worm in the real game. It would have made Pelleas a lot better. Still not great, but much better than he is. I guess it would have been expensive, but it is part 4.

• 2 weeks later...